Sign in to follow this  
HardCoreGamer44

RPG Comeing To DayZ

I'm fine with this.

Any moron who brings an RPG-7 is going to have a giant snorkel above his head that says, "Target right here!"

Add to that realistic weight and space limitations (say goodbye to any melee weapon you had on your back), and give the bastard an appropriate noise signature, and any would-be AT soldier will soon be up to his balls in Zach. Of course this necessitates having zeds in appropriate quantity. 

And be sure to add PG-7VR ammunition for ultimate penis compensation for those who need it.

Also its "coming", you muppet.

Edited by CornProducts
  • Like 2

In regular combat the RPG7 is more of a crew served weapon with the operator carrying the launcher and one or 2 rounds in a "man purse" type bag and some other sucker with an AR covering his flanks and feeding him rounds after that. In the context of DayZ it should be a one maybe two shot shock and awe thing for neutralizing a vehicle, sieging a base or offsetting superior numbers. 

If implemented right hearing one go off should mean a group of KOS kids or infected just left the area and you'll have a nice diversion to go enjoy your beans in the opposite direction because he's now out of ammo and you're not worth it if he isn't.

Theres going to be so much trolling with this weapon though if its done realistically in terms of damage output in a given radius lol.

Edited by Deathlove

Theres going to be so much trolling with this weapon though if its done realistically in terms of damage output in a given radius lol.

Realistically the hyperbaric warhead had a 30m kill/incapacitate radius and the frags are up to 130m without body armor, doubt it'll be "realistic" but hope it's effective.

As far as trolling I'm sure all the pub hive warhead will end up on a couple server but I play privates so that's not my problem.

They said no to tanks in the Q & A the other day I believe so that'll have to wait for mods I'd presume. 

• Like 2

They said no to tanks in the Q & A the other day I believe so that'll have to wait for mods I'd presume. 

Well none jokingly though id love to have some kind of junker tank like what was put in the Origins Mod. Its got no guns and moves slow and has very little armor protection but hey its a reliable vehicle if you need one and are willing to put the time into fixing it up. Oh and not to mention loud so the only real pro to it would be shorter distances to areas of interest. Meaning an RPG could still take it out and the guy driving it.

Realistically the hyperbaric warhead had a 30m kill/incapacitate radius and the frags are up to 130m without body armor, doubt it'll be "realistic" but hope it's effective.

As far as trolling I'm sure all the pub hive warhead will end up on a couple server but I play privates so that's not my problem.

Thermobaric.  ;)

And those are possible kill radii, not consistent. Shrapnel could kill you at 130m, but not everyone within 130m of an HE frag round will die. The TBG-7V would likely be more consistent with its kill radius though. But who would want to carry around a bunch of those suckers?

The initial experimental branch that gets rockets will likely have higher spawn rates so it may be used differently at first.

Later on, when weight and scarcity come into play, you'll see a lot less people scurrying about with them.

I want to say that I for one am most interested in the survival and PvE stuff in DayZ but I am not against a range of military gear as long as it's rare enough.

• Like 1

Why would they add such a thing, I feel this is going to ruin the game.

I am certain that it will receive plenty of attention during the balancing phases.

So everyone is ok with a helicopter in a post apocalyptic world, but not a weapon that was mass produced as much as the AK?

#realism

First one to shoot down a helicopter with an RPG gets all of the beans; all of them.

• Like 1

I'm fine with this.

Any moron who brings an RPG-7 is going to have a giant snorkel above his head that says, "Target right here!"

Add to that realistic weight and space limitations (say goodbye to any melee weapon you had on your back), and give the bastard an appropriate noise signature, and any would-be AT soldier will soon be up to his balls in Zach. Of course this necessitates having zeds in appropriate quantity. 

And be sure to add PG-7VR ammunition for ultimate penis compensation for those who need it.

Also its "coming", you muppet.

I laughed so hard... in class...

You guys get a bipod for an RPG!! Give me one game that lets players deploy a fucking Bipod with an RPG. Yet you complain??

"hello i am pablo huan i can work for valve. your help for problem is idiots. they rage and is stupid i know it."

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

...he's now out of ammo and you're not worth it if he isn't.

Since when has worth or threat level ever prevented a MLG l33t player cockwomble from killing a bambi lol.

It's different, it's powerful but it could be cool. Grenades will likely still be more dangerous to the average player because not many people will want to carry a 1 or 2 shot weapon over their M4/AKM and a handful of grenades in a bag.

It will not ruin the game anymore than helicopters will.

Survival game turning more and more into just Arma lite.

Would have been nice if there was a very clear difference between the franchises.

I can't believe we agree on something.

That said, I have been playing a shitload of Arma recently because Exile is awesome. The RV engine is so fucking clunky that I am simply hoping that I will eventually be able to play Exile/Arma Life on an engine that doesn't push me through doors or hover in mid air when trying to snipe from a rock. If they can pull that off it's a win, in my opinion.

If we are really going to be in beta by Q1 2016 then mark my words: DayZ will NEVER be a hardcore survival experience, ala the Road. The framework just isn't there at the moment. It will be Arma 4 with zombies, though, and that will be fun too.

Not quite sure what an RPG is going to be useful for. Are we expecting the zeds to start attacking us with armoured vehicles? Very limited use this thing will have to the point of making it practically obsolete.

Oh and talking about windows, time for another rant thread about those dumbass things.

Not quite sure what an RPG is going to be useful for. Are we expecting the zeds to start attacking us with armoured vehicles? Very limited use this thing will have to the point of making it practically obsolete.

Oh and talking about windows, time for another rant thread about those dumbass things.

Basically.

While I can certainly see the "uses" for an RPG: taking out vehicles, taking out bases, taking out large groups of enemies , I ..... can't exactly see the "need" for an RPG.

Taking out vehicles? Wouldn't it be "more efficient" to stop the vehicle (with a roadblock, which would be pretty easy to make), shoot the driver, and take the vehicle? My plan: a running truck, all for the cost of one bullet. RPG: ruins of a truck (all that fuel, all that gear!), for the cost of an RPG round

Taking out bases? Wouldn't it be "just as effective" to starve out the defenders, or set their gate on fire? That way, you don't waste a RPG round, and all the stuff inside doesn't get destroyed.....

Taking out large groups of enemies? If they are players, and group up like that, they deserve to die. If there is a group of infected that large, 1) you fucked up, and 2) small arms fire will be adequate

Meanwhile, we don't have a realistic clothing system, or even one that makes sense. Nor working temperatures, nor "survival mechanics"....

But, you know, helicopter and RPG  :( I am seriously concerned about where this game is going

• Like 2

Basically.

While I can certainly see the "uses" for an RPG: taking out vehicles, taking out bases, taking out large groups of enemies , I ..... can't exactly see the "need" for an RPG.

Taking out vehicles? Wouldn't it be "more efficient" to stop the vehicle (with a roadblock, which would be pretty easy to make), shoot the driver, and take the vehicle? My plan: a running truck, all for the cost of one bullet. RPG: ruins of a truck (all that fuel, all that gear!), for the cost of an RPG round

Taking out bases? Wouldn't it be "just as effective" to starve out the defenders, or set their gate on fire? That way, you don't waste a RPG round, and all the stuff inside doesn't get destroyed.....

Taking out large groups of enemies? If they are players, and group up like that, they deserve to die. If there is a group of infected that large, 1) you fucked up, and 2) small arms fire will be adequate

Meanwhile, we don't have a realistic clothing system, or even one that makes sense. Nor working temperatures, nor "survival mechanics"....

But, you know, helicopter and RPG  :( I am seriously concerned about where this game is going

This was what I was getting out. An RPG can do things but in DayZ, I'm betting there will always be a better way to do something so I think 1 of 2 things will happen.

1) RPG will be kept forever, unused at someones camp.

2) People will just use it to nuke the first thing they see.

I doubt there will be many times there's a real "need" for it and who the hell runs around with an RPG in a zombie apocalypse? How about working on the Zombies, the animals, the survival engine etc and and crap like the RPG and chopper last?

We had choppers in the MOD - I mean my mates and I. I didn't care for them because you only ever had a chopper for a day or 2 before you logged off and someone else came and took it - rinse, repeat....

Now it's just me and a friend and we run all over the map when we play - we don't so much because RPG's are being coded in whereas the fun stuff is being left out. When we are playing and moving we talk all the time about things in or out of the game. We make plans of where to go, what to see, what to try out and see what's new or different. 6 months after the prison island was made we finally went to see it a couple of weeks ago - probably the last people to do it and...... it was ok. There's only so much to do and the new rendering engine still isn't in which as meant to be first quarter this year? The year is almost over! No zeds, no proper survival aspects, no funny water.... practically no animals - when are we going to have something to do?

Running around a map collecting things and growing vegetables isn't that much fun I'm afriad.

-snip-

Taking out large groups of enemies? If they are players, and group up like that, they deserve to die. snip-

When you are talking about clans of possibly hundreds "starving them out" isn't really an option, especially if people can stockpile food, and bring friends in with supplies and to fight. Setting the base on fire is a good option but doesn't have the same psychological or physical impact when dealing with vastly superior numbers (think, 3 vs 15) inside the base and also has the potential to damage loot.

If a group of 10 or 15 people inside a base are mulling about within the walls, the possibility to catch say 4-6 odd players in a tight enough group to place rocket between them is probably pretty good no matter how smart they play. If you absolutely positively never let your guard down or make a careless choice in DayZ then you are surely the exception.

When I'm alone I play more carefully.

A lot of people playing in larger groups will likely play more carelessly in general, especially if they can just go gear up at a clan stash if they die.

I have often thought that clans taint the DayZ experience since the mod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want, "The Road", then you'll have to do away with all forms of communication outside of the game which will never happen.

The game elements that would force people into playing as if they were in those conditions cannot purely be done on an open map because of social media.

It's up to us to RP ourselves into the setting as this is a sandbox.

So lack of imagination or willful ignorance leave us with a less than apocalyptic majority mindset.

• Like 1

You guys are acting like DayZ SA isn't Arma 4 with zombies.

RPGs will be used to blow up camps, blow through barricades, zook bambis on the coast, etc. Whatever survival elements are getting built now will play second fiddle to the PvP aspect of the base game. Then they will build Overpoch, Exile and Chernarus Life mods and vanilla SA will die.

My only hope is someone will make a hardcore survival mod that is actually fun.

Also, the devs should bring back the mod Humanity system in a better form (like Rocket said he was going to do) so these mods will have a good basis for RP.

Edited by scriptfactory

-snip-

My only hope is someone will make a hardcore survival mod that is actually fun.

-snip-

This is sort of a "secret" hope or thought of mine.

And even if it's true, that people who want to RP a more harsh survival experience gravitate to a mod, I'll probably still get "what I want", whether it's vanilla or not.

I'm honestly a bit bummed that proper functioning windows and glass aren't part of 1.0....

If we can get just custom server settings deep enough I think we will have people running more difficult versions of vanilla that RP and hardcore players will gravitate to.

I highly doubt many people will run around with an RPG even if they are pretty easy to come by. First of all, the RPG itself will replace your weapon on the back. 
Secondly the ammo, will probably (should) take up a whole lot of your inventory slots leaving you to sacrifice almost all of your space.
In other words, you have to be pretty stationary or have a friend with you at all times, carrying loot for both of you.

Long as each RPG is like 2x4 sideways or vertical i don't anticipate much of an issue. I'll use em, but i'm not too worried about being killed very often by them.

Things like the RPG, grande launcher attachments, and military grade explosives, will be very very rare I'm sure.

Improvised explosive devices will likely be more common as they will be craft-able.

Very rare in this game ends up meaning very little. M4's are supposed to be rare nowadays and, yet, everyone and their mother has one.

I wish they would focus on other art assets rather than continuing to add military weapons. This is slowly becoming more and more like an ARMA mod again.

ya the actual game is in a pretty sucky rut right now. They have set the officers tents to "attract children" mode to keep up interest and NO ONE is driving trucks just hiding them. 

But presumably those things are deliberate by the devs.

As to the RPG 7, its utility depends on the utility of vehicles. If vehicles actually start to be used in the game by clans instead of simply being hidden then a means to raise the risk of putting 8 guys in a truck for a raid is a good idea.

I do not agree with people who defend the RPG options in this game.From what I remember it announced Bohemia this game as Survival, where the main task will be to survive on an island full of undead and other players as well as other wild and dangerous animals.
Forgive me but I what to play Survival in common with tanks, rocket launchers? what is the point in the Survival option then?
I can understand the weapons, even I can take a variety of vehicles but not tanks, helicopters and rocket launchers!
The game then does a typical action game and what is the point of fear of zombies?
I think that is too much and too much this game gets toward the ARMA.It is, or was supposed to be a game of survival and they are doing with the typical action game.As I was initially thrilled project of this game and what she had to offer it now gets more and more skeptical ..I thought, in the end game in which man will at every step he feared wild animals, zombies and tp But the emergence of rocket launchers, grenades and tanks that are no longer elements of survival!
Already in DayZ feel more climate action games and not just come Survival little empty server, and within an hour you have a nice weapon with all the improvements and only what you is to shoot everything that moves .. I just had to look gra Survival, but no what to do..
I absolutely could not believe I'd creators of this game! just announced the creator of Payday 2 that will never bring micropayments and now what? they judge it as you believe in ensuring game developers
Edited by rafap
  • Like 1