Sign in to follow this  
HardCoreGamer44

RPG Comeing To DayZ

Why would they add such a thing, I feel this is going to ruin the game.

• Like 1

Things like the RPG, grande launcher attachments, and military grade explosives, will be very very rare I'm sure.

Improvised explosive devices will likely be more common as they will be craft-able.

What next? AS50s? APCs? Tanks? Jets? Nukes? Particle beams powered by Dyson Spheres capable of wiping out entire planetary systems? Too far I say, for I am the slippery slope wanker. I put the phallus in fallacy. 

I'm good with RPGs. No doubt they'll be extremely rare (though they'll likely be relatively common in experimental). Hopefully there'll be things like humvees, or we'll able to armour civilian cars sufficiently so that the inhabitants can survive an RPG, even if the vehicle doesn't.

• Like 2

Hopefully they fix the issue where window frames are being hit even when the gun is clear of them... It's irritating to see a perfectly lined up blaze shot hitting an invisible piece of wall but at least the bullet doesn't explode into a massive ball of death in that situation.

If they make the projectiles 3 or 4x1 slot items then it's not too bad, that'd only be 14 rockets able to be carried by someone and they wouldn't have much room for anything else with that many. Also hoping that damaging one when shooting at someone would give it a chance to explode or at the very least misfire in someway.

Hopefully they fix the issue where window frames are being hit even when the gun is clear of them... It's irritating to see a perfectly lined up blaze shot hitting an invisible piece of wall but at least the bullet doesn't explode into a massive ball of death in that situation.

If they make the projectiles 3 or 4x1 slot items then it's not too bad, that'd only be 14 rockets able to be carried by someone and they wouldn't have much room for anything else with that many. Also hoping that damaging one when shooting at someone would give it a chance to explode or at the very least misfire in someway.

I'd like to see penetration changed entirely as in any center fire rifle in game can shoot clean through the sheet metal of a car, in one side out the other.

The the projectiles for the rpg should be more like 2X4 or 2X5 vertical and heavy, it's beyond stupid in ARMA carrying 6 HE rounds.

Please add HE rounds for hoards or geared groups of KOS kids and/or HESH round shown able to punch through building walls with a lethal cone of splintered lumber.

This bipod looks sooooooo cute.

I think this is probably what you will only be able to find in Tisy military base. Imagine zooking some helicopters in DayZ lol

Aside from slot space; 14 rockets would also be a serious amount of weight to lug around.

• Like 4

Like with the grenades I see the RPG warheads being much more useful used defensively as part of craftable traps for base defense than fired offensively. 

The optics can fit on an AK too which is pretty cool.

• Like 1

That's going to be one awesome house clearing weapon for ppl outside aiming that thing at windows.

Aside from slot space; 14 rockets would also be a serious amount of weight to lug around.

In case anyone didn't know according to wiki the launcher weighs 15lbs and rounds are anywhere from 4lb for frag to 10lb for thermobaric.

Since you're here please, please give us some good anti personal rounds like those instead of the typical shaped charge anti armor rounds pretty please.  

In case anyone didn't know according to wiki the launcher weighs 15lbs and rounds are anywhere from 4lb for frag to 10lb for thermobaric.

Since you're here please, please give us some good anti personal rounds like those instead of the typical shaped charge anti armor rounds pretty please.  

While I'm not part of the design team, I'll certainly put the request through.

• Like 3

So everyone is ok with a helicopter in a post apocalyptic world, but not a weapon that was mass produced as much as the AK?

#realism

• Like 1

While I'm not part of the design team, I'll certainly put the request through.

Thanks, the response from you guys are such a nice change of pace from what I've seen from other game companies spiting some vague PR approved response that takes a minute to realize they dodged the question entirely.

Also thanks for acknowledging the weight issue, looking forward to DayZ squashing the "magic bag of holding" concept and acknowledging you shouldn't be able to function while carrying 90-150lbs of launcher and warheads.   

• Like 2

So everyone is ok with a helicopter in a post apocalyptic world, but not a weapon that was mass produced as much as the AK?

#realism

Everyone? try two out of five or six that commented.

I'm fine with both but they should be difficult to acquire and use plus if we end up getting frag rockets with a 130m blast radius the later would offer a good counterpoint to the former. 

#hyperbole 

• Like 1

Finding bases built by bandit/murderous clans and blowing them the fuck up has just gotten a whole lot more fun/feasible for a small force.

I would personally like to see the M79 grenade launcher as well.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208105-potental-sawed-off-able-weapon-m79/

BmpL1C9.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the response dude. Yeah I didn't even think about weight tbh as I wasn't sure of the overall impact that it would have in game.

I'm liking the alternative options you guys are throwing out and once duping/loot cycling bugs are more under control it'll be a great addition. Certainly wouldn't like hearing this going off in a city when I'm running around with a crowbar trying to find a can of beans lol

Thanks for the response dude. Yeah I didn't even think about weight tbh as I wasn't sure of the overall impact that it would have in game.

I'm liking the alternative options you guys are throwing out and once duping/loot cycling bugs are more under control it'll be a great addition. Certainly wouldn't like hearing this going off in a city when I'm running around with a crowbar trying to find a can of beans lol

In regular combat the RPG7 is more of a crew served weapon with the operator carrying the launcher and one or 2 rounds in a "man purse" type bag and some other sucker with an AR covering his flanks and feeding him rounds after that. In the context of DayZ it should be a one maybe two shot shock and awe thing for neutralizing a vehicle, sieging a base or offsetting superior numbers. 

If implemented right hearing one go off should mean a group of KOS kids or infected just left the area and you'll have a nice diversion to go enjoy your beans in the opposite direction because he's now out of ammo and you're not worth it if he isn't.

• Like 3

It will not ruin the game anymore than helicopters will.

Survival game turning more and more into just Arma lite.

Would have been nice if there was a very clear difference between the franchises.

• Like 3

All the RPG is gonna do is add an powerful humvee killer so the humvee with some machine gun on it won't dominate so much. You guys act like its gonna be found in a civilian homes and spawn with ammo its not gonna ruin the game or turn it into arma as long as hackers don't go crazy. It should just be extremely rare and same with the ammo and with the weight system be very heavy and hard to use. Arma vs dayz is clear enough just the map isn't no one comes out of a house with guns and ammo as soon as they spawn and there's some survival aspects of dayz that make it distinctive like cannabilism and fishing. I'll make sure that any person that complains its gonna ruin the game I'll blow then up with this weapon and get my golden deagle i found in a shed from my triple chest holster and get on my apache copter to fly away.

Edited by DaNic2553

I can count the number of times I was killed with an AT4 (because the mod didn't have the RPG) during the years I've played the mod on one finger. Rifles will still be more ubiquitous and easier to murder people with, an RPG will be used for that special someone.

It will not ruin the game anymore than helicopters will.

Survival game turning more and more into just Arma lite.

Would have been nice if there was a very clear difference between the franchises.

But why exactly do simple firearms and vehicles somehow make the difference between ArmA and DayZ less clear? If simply having content shared between games does that then we should never have a Saiga or CZ-550 in the game because those are also in ArmA. Plus, this is an RPG-7. It's not unrealistic by any stretch.

Also, considering that you're convinced helicopters will be very detrimental to the game, I'm interested to see what's so bad about RPGs besides the fact that they're a military grade weapon that appears in some other BIS titles.