Mookie (original)

Character screen

This hasn't really worked for me since about 0.55. Before that it worked - just displayed your guy or gal in all his/her glory.

Then it started showing them with random things in hand (a cooking pot or a frying pan, in my case, for weeks on end).

Then after the DDOS attacks it showed me as a freshie every time (which was a bit disconcerting)

Today, for the first time in ages, it seems to be...working. And my character seems to be breathing, which is nice.

The character screen is just a setting that has nothing ro do with your ingame character(s). Everytime you disconnect from a server it tries to replocate your last character but it's nothing you can't change from your profile. If you go to Documents > DayZ and edit your profile's setting file you should be able to edit how the screen menu will look like. Heck, you can give your menu character a VSS.

And no, you won't get banned or whatever.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

I can't wait to have the character screen "fixed". I really liked when they added the animations for pistol holding. But, since it's mostly working ok with the new ui, the old one will never gets "fixed". And I really don't like the new ui, either in-game or in the menu. It's still a work in progress of course, but the in-game ui looks like a terrible downgrade. It simply looks awful... And the menu logo is too big imo. But that,s just me...

• Like 1

I can't wait to have the character screen "fixed". I really liked when they added the animations for pistol holding. But, since it's mostly working ok with the new ui, the old one will never gets "fixed". And I really don't like the new ui, either in-game or in the menu. It's still a work in progress of course, but the in-game ui looks like a terrible downgrade. It simply looks awful... And the menu logo is too big imo. But that,s just me...

LOL, yes!  I used the new UI for like five minutes and hated it.  Won't go back until major cosmetic changes are made, or it is forced.  If it's forced, it might just get me to take an extended break.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the new UI ends up being scalable as well, the little bit I used it I hated it because I have to play at 768px high until I can upgrade my tower and it was a full screen of scrolling just to see the bottom of it. I could live with the way it looks I guess but functionally it puts me at a big disadvantage.

**Cool tip Stanley, gonna use that at some point to mess with Junior.***

• Like 2

The character screen is just a setting that has nothing ro do with your ingame character(s). Everytime you disconnect from a server it tries to replocate your last character but it's nothing you can't change from your profile. If you go to Documents > DayZ and edit your profile's setting file you should be able to edit how the screen menu will look like. Heck, you can give your menu character a VSS.

And no, you won't get banned or whatever.

How do you get to the profile setting file, and what is the name of the file?  I cannot find DayZ under my Documents folder.

Thanks.