SMoss

Status Report - 15 Oct 2015

Hmm speaking of vehicles something I always wondered but never heard an answer to is on helicopters, would it be extremely easy to implement helicopters due to the fact that the base engine was take on helicopters?

Check the last Status Report.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229325-status-report-30-sept-2015/

I have to quote "making sure the visual quality is at least the same as the original renderer", i need some clearance on that sentence before i start trowing rocks.

They are optimizing the new renderer to at least match the quality of the current renderer.

And with quality they mean how things look, etc. and not performance. ;)

Hmm speaking of vehicles something I always wondered but never heard an answer to is on helicopters, would it be extremely easy to implement helicopters due to the fact that the base engine was take on helicopters?

Got a feeling that one hinges on the passenger desync, mine improved in .58 but then I noticed they lowered the top speed of the V3S by 20kmh.

If it's not acceptable at 60kmh its going to be really bad at 200kmh.

Brian hicks was right nice interesting status report. I'm wondering what gun that was showcased in the third gun showed it looked like a cz but at the same time a full sized mp5, a Galil ar, a skorpian evo, a m4a4, or a fal idk. The new Cherno is nice but I want loot inside the wrecked boats just a little like netting or raincoats. I wonder what else will be added in cherno maybe some new buildings hopefully the cherno bell tower will be enterable.

I don't like that generic rusty texture for damaged car parts. It doesn't make any sense that doors become rusty when they get shot. Especially on the interior side. Any chance it will be replaced by custom made damaged textures?

• Like 1

They are optimizing the new renderer to at least match the quality of the current renderer.

And with quality they mean how things look, etc. and not performance. ;)

Sorry, was kinda playing stupid asking that... My real question is, how can you make it look worse than it currently is? What i saw by reading that was telling me that they are incapable of making the game look better even with DX11 and all it's features which sounds awfully suspect.

Edited by grimsonfart

Sorry, was kinda playing stupid asking that... My real question is, how can you make it look worse than it currently is? What i saw by reading that was telling me that they are incapable of making the game look better even with DX11 and all it's features which sounds awfully suspect.

Basically they are saying that the current graphics from the old renderer will be the 'baseline' of the new renderer. From there, the only way is up.

I don't like that generic rusty texture for damaged car parts. It doesn't make any sense that doors become rusty when they get shot. Especially on the interior side. Any chance it will be replaced by custom made damaged textures?

Pretty good chance considering they warned that the video was just a rough tech demo.

Thanks for the report. It will be exciting to see the infected roaming the map again. 

• Like 1

Good status report :)

Regarding the car destruction: I hope that the doors and trunk don't just pop off their hinges in the final iteration. Hopefully, that's just the nature of this early tech demo and not a necessity to kill or swap them out for static objects in the world.

One thing I really look forward to in the final Chernarus is a lot more ambient movement in the world. (Dynamic Fog/Weather, Flags, Windsocks, Windmills, Trees, Birds, etc.)

I've been on a self-imposed DayZ hiatus since .47. I told myself I would wait for the new engine modules to come online. So this status report makes me happy, and hope for my return to the infected lands in the next couple months   :)

Thank you for the infected inc... We need them back asap...

I Do Hope they are a bit more smart? eh?

Hunt Well.

TuT

So are the Chernogorsk high rises in or out?  :o  Thought they were thinking of removing.

Figured there'd have been some news on the new weapons and Tisy base. I was wrong. And disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the vehicle stuff falling off (LOOK AT THOSE NOT GLITCHY PHYSICS, WHOO!), the new sounds, and that house in the ocean on the last picture of Cherno (off to the left side of the port), and the multi-threading is great, but it wouldn't kill anyone to give some news on the new guns and areas.

I'm with everyone else on this one. Couldn't care even a tiny bit less about new guns, just actual necessary game features for me :)

Hurray for ZOMBIES :lol:

• Like 1

However! Internally we're going over some strong suggestions and ideas on how to maximize the concentration and spawning of infected across Chernarus.

Scattering infected across the map is less awesome than running into hordes of them. This is really exciting. Can't wait to see what comes of this. Hopefully event-based zombie spawning (maybe even with rare loot). Dare to dream.

Look at it like this. You're looking in DayZ for a green or black raincoat. You have found a pink one and figure that it will do until you're further in the game.

That's basically how it works. They have unoptimized textures which are temporary just for testing/developing purposes. :)

Any chance we will see wild boar come back in .59? Top job on the report too.

Don't kill me if it isn't true but my guess is that with the infected back in 0.59 the animals will be back as well. Edited by IMT

Interesting update, but i'll remain cautiously optimistic about this. After seeing other mods which outperform DayZ in a lot of aspects, i'll believe DayZ is coming the game I hope, when I see it.

Great devblog. But it just makem me even more frustrated with waiting for all this good stuff. And some other stuff mentioned in earlier reports (advanced crafting, new weapons, radios, base building...)

Where is main things in game??? ZOMBIE!!! nothing say about ZEDS!!! in GAME!! and why you like that? now this game is the same in big City ho Counter Stike! nothing different just hear shot, shot and shot!

How you want to solve the problem of evasion character bullets , running in circles ? (Bad english)

How to solve distribution of Infected in Chernarus? Simple, put a few hundred in cities like Zelengorsk, Cherno, Elektro, etc, like a spawn rate of 10 per building in cities and 5 per building in towns.

I've seen one early access game doing just what DayZ is doing: replace renderer and going from DX9 to DX11 (and also made 64-bit version). I really advise people be patient and expect that things can look off because that's what happened with WreckFest. It can actually look like a downgrade at first especially if the lighting conditions change a lot. It takes bit time to hmget in the old level and then go beyond that.

• Like 2

It's good to know that I can still hear birds sing and footsteps around me after firing assault rilfes.

Got a feeling that one hinges on the passenger desync, mine improved in .58 but then I noticed they lowered the top speed of the V3S by 20kmh.

If it's not acceptable at 60kmh its going to be really bad at 200kmh.

The top speed of the V3S varies between the two models, by the way. The chassis cab has a *slightly* higher top speed than the cargo variant :)

I'm not a big fan of the Cherno changes personally.  I don't think anyone much cares for the apartments, and they've added more.  They've also moved around all the iconic buildings to new positions (yellow/blue, the hotel etc).  Maybe I'm just being sentimental, but I feel like Cherno is iconic to DayZ and while it could use a little change, something less drastic would be preferred.

The new Cherno is nice but I want loot inside the wrecked boats just a little like netting or raincoats. I wonder what else will be added in cherno maybe some new buildings hopefully the cherno bell tower will be enterable.

I'm still undecided about the changes as well, but I trust Senchi to handle it. He and his team do good work. There's always time to make adjustments, and they wouldn't make drastic changes to the city without some sort of gameplay-related need behind it.

DaNiC, it looks like the old City Hall is gone. I was under the impression they were going to make it enterable, but I see they opted to put the much taller and already-complete building from Novo in its place. That's just smart use of resources, even if we all wish for a ton of unique buildings.

Where is main things in game??? ZOMBIE!!! nothing say about ZEDS!!! in GAME!! and why you like that? now this game is the same in big City ho Counter Stike! nothing different just hear shot, shot and shot!

There is no possible way you ACTUALLY read the Status Report:

Infected: We're going to be spawning infected again at strong quantities in 0.59 as the gameplay programming team has been working hard on making sure we can have a smooth 75 player experience (which is looking really good guys, I'm pumped!). However! Internally we're going over some strong suggestions and ideas on how to maximize the concentration and spawning of infected across Chernarus. I don't want to speak too much on this until we have a concrete plan on how we want to handle this. Hopefully next Status Report we'll be able to cover exactly what the plan is in more detail. Needless to say, if everything works out - I'm pretty pumped about it.
  • Like 7