Sign in to follow this  
Mjones (DayZ)

Firing both barrels of the B95

I have been playing around with the blaze recently, especially fun firing both barrels.

From what I've gathered shooting geared players (for research purposes) on the coast. It seems that the damage is the same as when you are firing single rounds. Does the game currently calculate the both the rounds hitting the target atm. And does anyone have experience, knowledge with the T option?

Edited by Mjones

While geared I've been able to survive up to 4 hits with a blaze so long as they were spread around my body, I don't see two to the chest of a gear player being all to hard to survive.

How many shots are you generally needing to down a geared player?

While geared I've been able to survive up to 4 hits with a blaze so long as they were spread around my body, I don't see two to the chest of a gear player being all to hard to survive.

How many shots are you generally needing to down a geared player?

Most will survive a single shot depending on placement. But I've never personally seen anyone survive two to the chest. I've shot some players with both barrels (firing at same time) center mass and they survive it, but never have they survived being shot twice.

That's why I'am wondering if it even registers the second shot.

They are working on the damage system. The way it is now every damage melee or bullets are considered as a melee attack. Can someone confirm my sayings?

They are working on the damage system. The way it is now every damage melee or bullets are considered as a melee attack. Can someone confirm my sayings?

I was under the impression it is the reverse, every attack even melee being considered a projectile attack.

• Like 1

I was under the impression it is the reverse, every attack even melee being considered a projectile attack.

Certainly feels like it, you get a bullet ricochet sound when you hit a wall with your fist, and then sometimes it looks like your enemy can hit you with his fists from a 5-10 meter distance, while running away ahead of you.

thats right, arma doesnt know melee attacks

greets

I'd be interested to know officially too. I use the Blaze a lot and always tend to use double fire, i'd like to know if i'm wasting half my ammo and increasing recoil for no reason. Interestingly i have noticed when you shoot a tree from close range with double shot you do get 2 bullet holes in the tree, it's just they're anywhere from 2 to 3 feet spaced (range sub 10m) which is off-putting to say the least.

Yea i think your right and i mixed them up, thanks for pointing it out.

Interestingly i have noticed when you shoot a tree from close range with double shot you do get 2 bullet holes in the tree, it's just they're anywhere from 2 to 3 feet spaced (range sub 10m) which is off-putting to say the least.

It's supposed to be 6000 rpm but it's FPS-dependent, maximum one shot per frame. Low FPS and the second shot will be high above the first.

• Like 1

It's supposed to be 6000 rpm but it's FPS-dependent, maximum one shot per frame. Low FPS and the second shot will be high above the first.

100+ frames a second, in the woods far from any buildings or players, on a server i get 13 ping to.

So what you are saying is that the blaze doesn't truly fire both barrels at the same time, and that it is just a really fast follow up shot. 

That mean that the point of impact for the second shot is different than the first. I guess that explains why I think the second shot did no damage; it was never on target in the first place. lol

So what you are saying is that the blaze doesn't truly fire both barrels at the same time, and that it is just a really fast follow up shot. 

That mean that the point of impact for the second shot is different than the first. I guess that explains why I think the second shot did no damage; it was never on target in the first place. lol

I guess the 2nd shot is very likely to miss if you're doing something like dragshots. But I would like someone to do a little bit of research regarding this so we have a consensus whether or not to use the 2ndary fire mode.

Blaze is one of my favorite weapons.... iv never had problems dropping players with 1 or 2 shots... chest/neck is always 1 for me. I generally hit those shots with a downward angle.. so that might make a difference

i can confirm that, as well as with the double-barrel shotgun, the higher the fps, the more accurate the two shots will be together

from a logical view i think the bullets should hit just a few centimeters apart

afaik though the blaze right now is an incorrectly depicted weapon though, the real-life counterpart is loaded with a rifle round and a shotgun buckshot round

afaik though the blaze right now is an incorrectly depicted weapon though, the real-life counterpart is loaded with a rifle round and a shotgun buckshot round

It's offered as a double rifle... but not in .308, and according to the description you shouldn't be able to fire both barrels at the same time (I guess someone wasn't paying attention when writing this).

I1BU0zu.png

• Like 1

I haven't tested it in ages but my experience way back when I did was the shots consistently being several inches if not more apart.  Gews's info that it's based on frame rate makes sense.  I personally think the double fire mode on both the blaze and the double barrel shotgun are bad ideas but I'm sure there's plenty of instances when people used them point blank to great effect.  I'd rather just click twice though.

If the rifle had to be cocked after every shot you wouldn't be able to instantly double tap, you'd have to have a slight delay like the Derringer.