Sign in to follow this  
aldink

More vegetation in city's, warning announcement, roads

Hey guys, I'm a DayZ player and for me the map don't look so post apocalyptic, my suggestion is to add more vegetation grown up into the city, on buildings,street, cars.. maybe to create walls with wire on roads when you enter a village or a city, warning announcement.

Example of vegetation: 

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/classicgamer-3dt/DD-Post-Apocalyptic-Wallpaper-121.jpg

Highway's will be great to the game... like this: 

http://www.ecorazzi.com/slideshow/images/24/PostApocalypseLosAngeles.jpg 

https://bccasteel.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/post-apocalyptic-city-ruins-fantasy-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200-7524.jpg

some of them destroyed and to have another way to continue the journey... I know it doesn't fit on real map, but it's a game.. and can be added different stuff not only russians objects, etc... 

telecommunication wire on city's and village to connect house's with cable,etc..that the city looks fuller..

like here: 

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811182920/falloutfanon/images/e/ef/1300x698_566_Lost_Road_2d_landscape_post_apocalyptic_picture_image_digital_artThibault_Fischer.jpg

Edited by aldink
  • Like 1

This game is supposed to be set in the weeks or month following a zombie-like disaster, so I don't think you'd see a lot of vegetation sprouting up in the cities so quickly.

This game is supposed to be set in the weeks or month following a zombie-like disaster, so I don't think you'd see a lot of vegetation sprouting up in the cities so quickly.

I heard it was 5 years but Dayz has basically no lore so who knows.

I may be wrong but i do remember the Devs talking about a post apocalyptic art pass in the future. 

Hopefully things are made to look more run down and overgrown after that.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Have you been to Berezino recently? There is some vegetation growth. It looks like it has been a season or so. Some tall grass, plants growing up through cracks and such, but nothing too extreme. It looks good.

I heard it was 5 years but Dayz has basically no lore so who knows.

It most definitely has not been 5 years. Gasoline, even with additives, is only "good" for two years or so. Same thing with medications like epinephrine. My personal belief, along with many others on the forum, is that it has only been a couple of months. 2 years, max.

It most definitely has not been 5 years. Gasoline, even with additives, is only "good" for two years or so. Same thing with medications like epinephrine. My personal belief, along with many others on the forum, is that it has only been a couple of months. 2 years, max.

This isn't neccesarily true. While it works most efficiently for 2 years or so, depending on the vehicle some gas will last much longer. I work on ATV's and dirt bikes and such in real life, and theres been times ive fired up an engine with whatever gas was in the tank, sometimes being 10+ years old. While it doesn't run well and it clogs up the carbeurator fairly quickly, it does indeed run. You just got to shake it up a little first, over time the different things inside begin to separate, if you shake it up, while not completely restoring it, it will help. I think its probably been a few years, between 2-5 or so. I don't have an answer for the medicine part, those might very well last only a few months. All I can say for that is that this is a video game, so 100% realism, while it would be nice, is near impossible. We need some lore in the game so theres no more debate of this. Good day.

6 months at the most for me.  Although some of the cars look like they haven't moved for many moons!

Who told you that ? I'm pretty sure they want it to be atleast a year+ but i dont remember who told me that.. I'm sure it was in a dev blog featuring dean hall some time ago

Some of the cars and crashed helicopters and such look much too old to have been abandoned for only a few weeks or months. Vehicles don't degrade that quickly if left unattended. If they did, people who don't have a garage or constantly do maintenance on their cars would have cars that look 60 years old after a few years.

All of the pieces of evidence regarding the game's timeline seem to contradict each other. Many of the buildings look like they're well maintained (except the occasional bloodstain) which indicates that it hasn't been very long, and the NATO heli crashes are still smoking so they must be fairly recent. But then there's all the vehicles, every single looks like it was shot with a grenade launcher or two and left to decay for a few years. I've heard that the intended timeline is only a few weeks/months after day zero though.

All of the pieces of evidence regarding the game's timeline seem to contradict each other. Many of the buildings look like they're well maintained (except the occasional bloodstain) which indicates that it hasn't been very long, and the NATO heli crashes are still smoking so they must be fairly recent. But then there's all the vehicles, every single looks like it was shot with a grenade launcher or two and left to decay for a few years. I've heard that the intended timeline is only a few weeks/months after day zero though.

The NATO heli crashes didn't happen on day zero. they happened later. They are happening as our game is happening. While no lore is concrete, from what little there is it shows that Chenaurus is quarantined, and the rest of the world is either fighting off the zombies on their lands, or are just worrying about keeping Chenaurus in check. The heli crashes are helis that were flying over to survey the situation or fight the zombies and such, and were shot down or just crashed. By whom or what we may never know, since BI is so bad at lore. At this point its all speculation. I personally believe its been at least a year, probably more like 3-5 years. Otherwise, there would be a ton more survivors still. As time goes on, they would decline in number. Now, when we hardly see each other, is after its been a long time and the only ones left are the ones who are either genetically immune, or are just very good at surviving. There would also be many more zombies, but since its been a while, they have also began to die off or be killed by the survivors and the NATO strikes and such.

The NATO heli crashes didn't happen on day zero. they happened later. They are happening as our game is happening. While no lore is concrete, from what little there is it shows that Chenaurus is quarantined, and the rest of the world is either fighting off the zombies on their lands, or are just worrying about keeping Chenaurus in check. The heli crashes are helis that were flying over to survey the situation or fight the zombies and such, and were shot down or just crashed. By whom or what we may never know, since BI is so bad at lore. At this point its all speculation. I personally believe its been at least a year, probably more like 3-5 years. Otherwise, there would be a ton more survivors still. As time goes on, they would decline in number. Now, when we hardly see each other, is after its been a long time and the only ones left are the ones who are either genetically immune, or are just very good at surviving. There would also be many more zombies, but since its been a while, they have also began to die off or be killed by the survivors and the NATO strikes and such.

I know that the heli crashes weren't necessarily there already when day zero occured. But if we go by your idea of it being 3-5 years since day zero, it seems like a bit of a plot hole. If it's been that long then the only reason NATO forces would be there is to try to clean up/recover the area, but 1-3 helicopters for the entire country would not be enough to do anything. Shouldn't there be more?

Edited by OnionOfShame

I know that the heli crashes weren't necessarily there already when day zero occured. But if we go by your idea of it being 3-5 years since day zero, it seems like a bit of a plot hole. If it's been that long then the only reason NATO forces would be there is to try to clean up/recover the area, but 1-3 helicopters for the entire country would not be enough to do anything. Shouldn't there be more?

Not all of them crash. Very few of them crash. Hence, why theres 1-3 crashes. There could be dozens flying around that we never see. Theres lots of plot holes in DayZ. The devs say we need to create our own lore, but that's just not possible, since everyone disagrees with each other about it. They need to accept that, and give us some backstory.