Sign in to follow this  
HardCoreGamer44

Hello Just Bough The Game

Hello I Just Bough Day Z I Can,t Wait To Dl And Get To Playing I Been Waiting This For Awhile And Just Got It So Hope To See You Guys Around  :D  B)

• Like 4

Welcome to chernarus. Be wary of who you trust, stay stealthy, and above all, survive. No zeds in the game for this patch but they'll be re-added in the next one. Good luck out there survivor.

• Like 1

Thank You My Fellow Survivor Yeah Pretty Must Don,t Trust no One 

Or you could try trusting (or hoping and keeping one eye open) - yes you will be shot, stabbed, robbed, and a few dozen other unsettling things, but some very interesting experiences happen here and sometimes you make great friends and have awesome interactions - if nothing you learn allot 8)

Edited by tiadashi
  • Like 2

Don't listen to them. The animal most keen to survive is not the kindest, or the strongest. The animal most keen to survival is the one that responds the best to change. How you treat other players shouldn't be a set reaction; respond how the situation best accommodates your needs. Too many survivors kill on sight, only to get cut down in an asymmetrical fight. Similarly, others are too trusting of those they meet, and always die. Longevity is the key to survival, and in my opinion, the most rewarding part of the game.

• Like 1

Sure Thing I Watch Every Move People Make I Got To Get Some Good Loot And I Will Be Golden Thanks For The Warm Welcome  :D

Hello I Just Bough Day Z I Can,t Wait To Dl And Get To Playing I Been Waiting This For Awhile And Just Got It So Hope To See You Guys Around  :D  B)

Welcome to the meat grinder bud xD

I'll pm you across my steam ID for meetups if you find yourself wanting more than solo play. I spent my first 6 months in DayZ playing purely solo and it was great, but it's also a nice (and very different) experience to play with friends. I assume the guy(s) saying it was a mistake to buy DayZ are joking, but if not you must understand you need massive cast iron balls to play DayZ well and some people just don't cut the mustard ;) Don't blindly trust, but don't avoid contact completely. The human interaction and unpredictability of that interaction are a big part of what makes DayZ great. Some of the funniest experiences i've had in game so far have involved me being taken hostage and abused by others, and some of the best have been visa versa. Just remember whatever you do, don't turn into the guy who actually acts like a douche while you do it. With the right attitude you can hurt someone and still be a nice guy :)

Sure Thing I Watch Every Move People Make I Got To Get Some Good Loot And I Will Be Golden Thanks For The Warm Welcome  :D

Why The Capitalization Of Every Word?

welcome, youll notice alot of whingers and whiners here m8, easier to just ignore them, every forum has them it cant be helped. im in uk and always willing to help, got over 2500 hours in this game and you just bought a great game thats only gonna get better

More like why  shit post just to have a new thread on a seemingly stagnant forum 

This is one of those whiners.

• Like 1

More like why  shit post just to have a new thread on a seemingly stagnant forum 

Forum is what YOU make it.

• Like 2

Thanks for The Warm Welcome guys And Why I Cap My Letters Is I Think It Looks Good And Yeah I,ve Done Had A Few Run In,s Lol I Don,t Have A Mic So Yeah Stabed Or Shot To Death Every Time Lol I,ve Been Trying To Find A Few Guns And Some Camo Bdu,s Or Hunting Cloths To Make Me Harder To See  :lol:

Don't listen to them. The animal most keen to survive is not the kindest, or the strongest. The animal most keen to survival is the one that responds the best to change. How you treat other players shouldn't be a set reaction; respond how the situation best accommodates your needs. Too many survivors kill on sight, only to get cut down in an asymmetrical fight. Similarly, others are too trusting of those they meet, and always die. Longevity is the key to survival, and in my opinion, the most rewarding part of the game.

Ask Guppy to show you his collection of thumbs and ears sometime - I met him last year he already had maybe 30 or 50 of them, all different sizes.

But sometimes hes fine. He helped me out - depends what mood he's in.

xx :)

• Like 1

Ask Guppy to show you his collection of thumbs and ears sometime - I met him last year he already had maybe 30 or 50 of them, all different sizes.

But sometimes hes fine. He helped me out - depends what mood he's in.

xx :)

60 now. Pairs.

• Like 1

60 now. Pairs.

Nah HardCoreGamer44 welcome to the GAME, dude..- dont worry about Guppy the DayZ Surgeon he's just boasting

Plenty of those ears aren't in pairs at ALL.  I know for a fact after he helped out Boneboys and and Kichilron they've BOTH still got one ear each, not on the same side of the head, but IMO that doesn't count as a pair for Guppy. And SausageKingofChicago I couldn't swear to, because .. well I just thought he probably had naturally stumpy little .. kinda .. ya know? .. whatever... (I didn't ask) but one of them is def larger than the other, and it's on his head so I guess that's his ear?

In fact - now I think of it -  a lot of players in this game have a problem knowing where sounds are coming from. You ever noticed that?

hu? speak up ... what?

==================

Seriously dude, HardcoreG44 - (maybe you know this) If you use the advanced search on this DayZ  forum (the little cogwheel located just to the right of the search bar) and then look for "guide" in 'only in the title' of a  topic, you'll find a few dozens of threads of guides and ideas useful to beginners- more than Guppy has ears -  on all kinds of topics.. Most of them are a little out of date.. some of them are very old, but many are useful for good info on basics and neat tricks.. Ella's Standalone Guide used to be the best IMO, even if things have moved on... Anyway, search for threads with "Guide" in the title and you'll find plenty of info and vids - some things are really not obvious to work out for yourself in the game.. Then also read up with the discussions on the latest patches, because new stuff and new crafting turns up, and some old methods are taken out, each patch . People seem to write less "howtos" than they used to, even though crafting and other stuff is getting more complicated..

These are some examples of Beginners Guides that I think are interesting: (if you're into Wilderness, Tatanko is the best)... there are many others, this is just a pick of one or two:

Ella's Standalone Guide   

Tatanko's Hunting Guide  

Guide to Looting   

Tatanko's Guide to Wilderness Survival 

Hypothermia Guide (0.49)  

Bow Handling Guide

- Anyone know what is the best Guide to Sniping ATM ?

- making Fire & Cooking ?

- Best Beginners guide to getting Off the Beach ?

Best Melee Weapons ?

- or any suggestions for up-to-date beginners guides about a hundred other things?

Like - making a flint knife isn't something you're going to guess how to do in the game, (you just happen to be banging rocks together ?) unless you find it on youtube, or on the forum here, or some player tells you... right ?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2