Sign in to follow this  
Rauchsauger

more loot / weapons on private hives

Hi,

after I heard from a lot of folks that they went from playing exclusivly on private hives back to public because loot/weapons are too rare - so the action gets slow.

(and there not being much else to do atm)

I wonder what you think about it.

Given that on public there is hopping and loot farming low pops - should they made changes to CLE for private hives?

I cannot make up my mind. On the one hand it increases the joy when you find good gear on the other hand it sucks that you cannot visit certain parts of the map

due to groups that locking those down for farming.

What do you think?

The rarer stuff is the better. 0.55 was heaven.

• Like 2

I played on two private hives the other day (grumpy gamers and wobos) and there was a noticeable difference in loot between the two. Grumpy had loads of loot and Wobos didn't have that much. I did approx the same run on both gorka>stary tents>veresnik base>zelen base and on wobo's all I really got is sks ammo. On grumpy's I got an ak74u plus mags, akm+mags plus I saw a couple more akms. Also on wobos there was a lot of rubbish dropped that obviously didn't get cleared up and on grumpy there was far more general low tier loot whereas on wobo there was a lot of empty buildings.

Edited by freethink

That is cause grumpy doesen't have persistence. It does wipes all the time. Hence i stopped playing on it. But i do LOVE private servers with persistence rolling. It's nice to see people fighting with pistols and shotguns on the map and not run into every player with a machine gun and gorka gear. I gave up on public. I never play on them anymore. To me you might as well load up the guard shacks with AK's again on the coast and let them go at it because everyone is geared to the teeth from server hopping anyway. I am happy with the CLE (mabey they could tweak it a bit :) to make stuff even rare) But i think it works great for a single private server.

• Like 2

That is cause grumpy doesen't have persistence. It does wipes all the time. Hence i stopped playing on it. But i do LOVE private servers with persistence rolling. 

Persistence should be forced. So guess they simply reset the persistence data every day to achieve this. Thanks for the info LoveAffair.

Edited by VanValdenburg
  • Like 1

That is cause grumpy doesen't have persistence. It does wipes all the time. Hence i stopped playing on it. But i do LOVE private servers with persistence rolling. It's nice to see people fighting with pistols and shotguns on the map and not run into every player with a machine gun and gorka gear. I gave up on public. I never play on them anymore. To me you might as well load up the guard shacks with AK's again on the coast and let them go at it because everyone is geared to the teeth from server hopping anyway. I am happy with the CLE (mabey they could tweak it a bit :) to make stuff even rare) But i think it works great for a single private server.

Wow, I didn't know that. I presumed we all servers had persistence on. So basically grumpy has the initial higher spawn rate. 

Wow, I didn't know that. I presumed we all servers had persistence on. So basically grumpy has the initial higher spawn rate. 

Persistence should be forced. So guess they simply reset the persistence data every day to achieve this. Thanks for the info LoveAffair.

current loot situation on private (and non wiped) servers is quite fine to me, weapons are still overabundant. i play a lot on UK/US/EU all welcome (very populated private hive) and i don't have trouble finding low tier and medium tier weapons. dynamic events still provides me MP5K's, AUGs and UMPs and SVD/M4 remain unicorns weapons. in a 3h sessions recently, i've found a few blaze, 1 hunting scope, 4-5 magnums, sporters, IZH 18/43, multiple makarov an P1 pistols. that's a little too mutch weapons for me. canned food is way to abundant too while backpacks are hard to find near spawn locations.

• Like 1

current loot situation on private (and non wiped) servers is quite fine to me, weapons are still overabundant. i play a lot on UK/US/EU all welcome (very populated private hive) and i don't have trouble finding low tier and medium tier weapons. dynamic events still provides me MP5K's, AUGs and UMPs and SVD/M4 remain unicorns weapons. in a 3h sessions recently, i've found a few blaze, 1 hunting scope, 4-5 magnums, sporters, IZH 18/43, multiple makarov an P1 pistols. that's a little too mutch weapons for me. canned food is way to abundant too while backpacks are hard to find near spawn locations.

UK/EU/US never wipes persistence either, so I'm glad you're still seeing some items around the map. I agree about backpacks, they do seem a little rare on the eastern side of the map. I'd like to see a few more burlap sacks around to allow people to make an improvised backpack. 

I'm pretty happy with how loot is under persistence now, it's going in the right direction. I've even had items respawn under me in a town that was being heavily looted so I've seen the respawn happening first hand. I do find better luck when I get off the coast though (and with less risk). If I feel like having a lot of coastal interaction I'll head inland to a town or two and then head back down coast side.

Yea that is what i meant , i just wrote it wrong. Sadly there are a few good private servers that do this alot. Like The Civ . It's a great server but it's hopeless to store any gear because of the resets.

No it wasnt. It was terrible and most importantly completely and utterly unintentional, all because of a persistence bug with a now long gone loot spawning system.

How can anyone seriously like not finding anything???

It was 0 stuff on the map and 500 Aks in Vybor. It was the worst patch ever since I started playing one year ago.

No it wasnt. It was terrible and most importantly completely and utterly unintentional, all because of a persistence bug with a now long gone loot spawning system.

It was 0 stuff on the map and 500 Aks in Vybor. It was the worst patch ever since I started playing one year ago.

The most fun I've ever had in DayZ was the .55 patch. I found plenty of shit. Didn't starve to death once, but I was always close. I didn't have a fireaxe and an M4 so zombies actually became a threat to the point where I was more inclined to avoid them than fight them, since fighting them usually resulted in blood loss which wasn't easy to get back without a can of food around every corner. It also meant a lot of apple picking which wasn't fun in the slightest, but the rest of it was wonderful - was just a case of get off the coast. A lot of people were whining because they were trying to loot in Cherno. I went inland and found plenty of stuff, even the odd can of food that had been missed presumably because "omg im not looting that bilding it dusnt spawn aks." 

The problem is likely less turnover of loot on private shards.  Hopefully when items despawn without player interaction the loot situation will be better all around.

It was indeed unintentional but with the first time we had the new zombies and there was more of them + you had to work for your gear it was fun. I found a magnum and a repeater and one box of .357 and I had to shoot the zombies because I was afraid of them. I actually had to count bullets. I have never done that after or before .55. That's why I liked it.

55 was a mistake DayZ will need to spend a lot of time to recover from.

I hope you enjoyed it. I really do, because it will not happen again

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

The biggest mistake of .55 was even the devs saying there wasn't a problem.  Eventually they admitted they were wrong.  But assuming people were crying wolf because they simply couldn't handle it, while the loot system was seriously messed up, was a pretty shitty thing to do.

• Like 1

55 was a mistake DayZ will need to spend a lot of time to recover from.

I hope you enjoyed it. I really do, because it will not happen again

Will probably happen with mods. :)

Will probably happen with mods. :)

Modding will do the exact opposite

• Like 1

HIHB server play for 3-4 hr blocks and never see more than 5-6people on at a time 

Heaps of decent loot in the last week i have yet to find anyone and frequently travel a decent portion of the map
I assume that the people on the server get around a fair bit because there is always decent loot to be had 

I guess it comes down to who is where because isnt CLE based of traffic through quadrants of the map 

Modding will do the exact opposite

Some people want the game to be hard. Like the guy who created Namalsk maybe?

Sure there will be more mods for nonstop pvp than mods that make the game harder.

Edited by Hekeetsu

Some people want the game to be hard. Like the guy who created Namalsk maybe?

Sure there will be more mods for nonstop pvp than mods that make the game harder.

Modding is going to be the best thing. It will bring the old players that left and even new players. Infact, I can strictly tell you that BIS is built upon modding. If modding would've not existed in BIS games - ArmA would be nothing. DayZ would've been nothing and without modding DayZ won't be anything in the future. Sure a playerbase is awesome but modding is what this company, this environment and this community is built on. I'm not trying to go out on BIS or anything, it's one of the best and most honest game companies I've seen, let alone it's an indie developer. But the content coming from modders make their game more than what it actually is.

So don't tell me modding will ruin something please, because that makes you look real stupid. Perhaps all the PVP players you complain about will go to the PVP mods and your vanilla experience will be better... ?

PVP is part of DayZ, and it has always been there. The amount of player interaction in DayZ is huge compared to ArmA but it is still nothing comparable to the combat aspect of the game. I'm not saying I'm a fan of PVP but I am not a fan of turning it into a disgrace either.

If you want the game to be hard, play Vanilla - play a hardcore vanilla server or wait for a mod that will satisfy your gameplay. Some people want the game to not be hard but rather different, new. The guy who created Namalsk whose named Sumrak is a BI Employee now working on DayZ. But I'm sure what motivated him wasn't the game being "Hard" (which, back when he released Namalsk, it wasn't even aimed at DayZ - it was an ArmA 2 mod called "Namalsk Crisis" with a whole different storyline), it's the creativity, the difference from what the original game offers and most of all - I believe it was passion. Despite loving the game, addon makers make addons because thats what they do - It's like artist producing art. It's a hobby, and addon makers don't get any profit usually, except in some cases..... (origins........).

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

Modding is going to be the best thing. It will bring the old players that left and even new players. Infact, I can strictly tell you that BIS is built upon modding. If modding would've not existed in BIS games - ArmA would be nothing. DayZ would've been nothing and without modding DayZ won't be anything in the future. Sure a playerbase is awesome but modding is what this company, this environment and this community is built on. I'm not trying to go out on BIS or anything, it's one of the best and most honest game companies I've seen, let alone it's an indie developer. But the content coming from modders make their game more than what it actually is.

So don't tell me modding will ruin something please, because that makes you look real stupid. Perhaps all the PVP players you complain about will go to the PVP mods and your vanilla experience will be better... ?

PVP is part of DayZ, and it has always been there. The amount of player interaction in DayZ is huge compared to ArmA but it is still nothing comparable to the combat aspect of the game. I'm not saying I'm a fan of PVP but I am not a fan of turning it into a disgrace either.

If you want the game to be hard, play Vanilla - play a hardcore vanilla server or wait for a mod that will satisfy your gameplay. Some people want the game to not be hard but rather different, new. The guy who created Namalsk whose named Sumrak is a BI Employee now working on DayZ. But I'm sure what motivated him wasn't the game being "Hard" (which, back when he released Namalsk, it wasn't even aimed at DayZ - it was an ArmA 2 mod called "Namalsk Crisis" with a whole different storyline), it's the creativity, the difference from what the original game offers and most of all - I believe it was passion. Despite loving the game, addon makers make addons because thats what they do - It's like artist producing art. It's a hobby, and addon makers don't get any profit usually, except in some cases..... (origins........).

Sorry if I was unclear but I didn't mean to tell you that pvp will ruin DayZ. It is a core part of the game. I don't mean to complain about it and I am happy to admit that I suck at pvp :)

• Like 2

Sorry if I was unclear but I didn't mean to tell you that pvp will ruin DayZ. It is a core part of the game. I don't mean to complain about it and I am happy to admit that I suck at pvp :)

Yeah I suck at it too.