insaneroy

The problem with the game. My views

Isn't modding supposed to come in soon? I'm waiting for that, because of now the game is still developing at an extremely slow pace. Rust is already way ahead of the game, and it has become an awesome, enjoyable experience. Dayz SA on the other hand has been pretty much the same thing since day 1... just more clothes and guns. It isn't anyone's imagination that the game is crawling along. Hell, Arma 3 Exile and Epoch are developing at a much faster pace. Maybe it's because SA devs are working on new engine mechanics? I don't know, but I have waited for a long time now for Dayz SA to pick itself up, and it hasn't happened.

So, from this thread and others, hear are some suggestions to improve the game:

- cant find food: well let's make it so your toon doesn't need food or drink

- I get cold when it rains: let's remove the rain

- I can't find anyone to shoot...I mean interact with: let's make the map smaller, maybe just one town

- cant find guns or high end loot: well, lets start with every new spawn having full gorka, m4 and mags

Oh wait, I have just created this awesome game called COD, now piss of and play that

• Like 5

I make a new character every day and have no problems gearing up. In about half an hour I usually have decent clothing, a backpack and a shootable gun. And theres really no trick to it. Go to a mid sized town, check EVERY house, barn and outhouse and you will find loot. I usually always make a stone knife, cut up rags til I can make a rope, cut a stick and either make a bow or keep the stick on my back depending on what I can find. I make an improvised backpack as soon as I find a burlap sack and then youre set.

I have to say though that I don't like the idea that you absolutely have to go to the NWAF or Myshkino to find automatic weapons. Mainly because I dont like those places. If Helis spawned a bit more random and not mainly around the NWAF it would help. Also the prison buildings should spawn military loot as well as the humvees, jeeps and trucks. It just doesnt need to be as massive as in 0.57.

• Like 2

Loot? WTF is loot? It's got to the point where there is nothing in the servers. Areas where there was loot, no loot there now. I would hate to count how many times i starved trying to find one can of Beans. Clothing, now if you want a tracksuit or scrubs no problem but if you want pocket slots good luck. Guns and ammo, fun thing about those 2 are if you find one you never find it's match. Backpack, my kingdom for a decent backpack. This game is for teams now the single player will travel the map for a hand full of useful loot. I'm not going to mention vehicles and parts(team efford again).

Is it me or is this boat sinking!

I agree, I like to play alone 60% of the time and its very difficulty to actually play it out, it takes at least 2 ppl to hunt down a battery and glow plug in 3-5 towns b/c you cant loot every single house alone, eventually youll consume so much time you'll get caught but if they do limit the amount of items that bring in team players or fix the spawn glitch in the captains huts then KOS will become a higher degree for geared ppl even those fresh spawns seem to think they can punch out anything that walks...

I love getting a MOsin/ or any civilian primary/strap on some pristine medic cloths and an axe (no backpack)and watch the freshies go FKN BERZERK when you go into electro/cherno/berezino/svet.

"what you do in this life may drastically effect how you live your next life"

Stash protector cases with pistol mags/ammo/food/canteens up and down the coast, when you spawn in find a random weapon and you have matches saved up: :) camps are sketchy and running aalways to one point sux man, I hate it..i have an aug and a ump with tons of mags at a camp but I'm too lazy to go get them..

VIVA the ammo boxes and protector cases

i agree with you, but i think the "real" dayz playerbase will be back when this game is finished.

the pewpew people will leave when its finished and BI has made the most money they could earn with this game.

so, it will take a while to swap but it will

I doubt it - many people have looked for and found other games instead, remaining is the PvP only crowd. Due to map size and time you need to find players for PvP some of these will be put off sooner or later as well. When my exam is done I'm also going to see whether I continue with DayZ or another game. My best game buddy is mainly PvP but even he thinks it gets kind of boring. We

Let's just wait and see, there is nothing we can do about it anyway. If it's mostly vehicles/transport clothin and guns as work in progress, then it just is that way. I'm in no way pissed, I bought into an experimental not knowing exactly where it goes. If I think it's not my thing, I'll have to look for another game sooner or later, that's just life.

That said, 3 months in, ARK still has more than 35,000 avg players, more than DayZ ever had on average. Not saying ARK is better and currently I can't play any game due to time constraints, but ARK at least has tried to make interaction a bit more meaningful, although from what I gather it still is a long way to go. DayZ's reaction was adding more guns - not so cool and combined with abundant food, no threats and guns popping up like smarties, it killed anything apart from KOS.

I might ask two questions:

- What do you gain from player interaction other than a bullet? What reward could it potentially bring, if you have everything three times over?

- If you decide not to KOS/PvP, what can you do once geared? Horticulture when your backpack is already bursting from canned food? Hunting when being stuffed is a bigger threat than being hungry? 

What this game still lacks is content, content, content. New vehicles, new guns are not adding content, they are basically expanding the KOS model.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 2

I have to say though that I don't like the idea that you absolutely have to go to the NWAF or Myshkino to find automatic weapons. Mainly because I dont like those places. If Helis spawned a bit more random and not mainly around the NWAF it would help. Also the prison buildings should spawn military loot as well as the humvees, jeeps and trucks. It just doesnt need to be as massive as in 0.57.

Well, it seems the devs are die-hard on implementing more PvP, having all mil loot centered in one are ist exactly doing that. I don't like it either.

I love that people like you hate .58, your coastal tears are so yummy. Please OP, tell me you KOS so I can enjoy this more.

Admittedly, I've been lucky to find a couple of hunting backpacks, but I've left behind dozens of SPOSN and mountain backpacks.  The only things that I really noticed being hard to find are SVD rifles; I've been hoarding mags since .58 hotfix, and still haven't seen the rifle.  Only seen one AK101, and sadly learned of the fast decay time of guns left on the ground when I went to go find a barrel for it; found my first FNX at a helicrash yesterday.  Honestly, the only thing you can't be guranteed to find after around four hours of honest looking is the SVD.

Look everywhere.  I have found M65 jackets just laying around in the street; have a network of barrels up and down the western corridor, stuffed with AKs of all types ready to go; am on the verge of placing a barrel with battery and plug next to every truck spawn; and when I die, it only takes me three hours of playing to get back to my desired kit, Green cowboy hat, gas mask, tan M65, beige cargos, brown gloves, brown military boots, combat knife, full plate carrier, and either tortilla or hunting backpack(improvised backpack for running around looking for trouble).

If you aren't finding loot, you either aren't traveling far enough, or you aren't checking every building.

Agree, although feels like in some private servers might take an hour or two longer to get such a kit.

Seen two SVDs, both in Mi8 crash sites. I think SVDs are supposed to spawn only in crash sites. Only fired one shot with an SVD, just to see how it works, as both times I was killed pretty soon after finding them lol. AK101s seem to spawn in military tents, along with all attachments, but you're much more likely to find an AKM or AK74 though.

It's always the best idea to blame the game when you don't know how to play it.  STUPID GAME!

I'm not sharing the position of the OP, but you're the type of guy calling "you don't know how to drive it", if you see a road full of potholes - improving the tarmac might well be an option, but hey, let's just mob the OP. Well then ...

Edited by Noctoras

I'm not sharing the position of the OP, but you're the type of guy calling "you don't know how to drive it", if you see a road full of potholes - improving the tarmac might well be an option, but hey, let's just mob the OP. Well then ...

A better comparison might be someone complaining about have to shift all the time when they bought a car with manual transmission. ;)

200.gif

Edited by Mercules

Most of you have valid replays and sugestions. I have 400 hours in the game(on and off) and knowing it's in alpha(still) I understand there will be problems. Yes, everytime the devs fix one bug they create two to be fix later and/or should have left alone. Apples, honestly I did not think of that, the reason when the apples and berries were added once you eat them there was no change in hunger level basicly it was boken at the time so I did not even try it again. Backpacks are essential to keep the game popular. Without backpacks 4 to 8 pocket slots are not enough. Some of you want to say "survival",ok. You know you can make something to carry items with out of a shirt or jacket or pants but if those options are not in the game you have to rely on BACKPACKS. You have to remember us loners once we are killed by a team we have to start over to collect loot again and not be able to return to our bodies to recover what items that are not ruin. A team member that is killed his team mates collect his stuff or guards it until his return. Before you answer with you need friend. I have friends and I'm the only one out of 26 that has not given up on Dayz.

4f5788097301749e05286638e6f2bb36.gif

Ive played Dayz for 1000 hours total to date. Ive had it since launch. What we need is a strong PVE element. The best thing that could be done for Dayz is to focus on the zeds. I would like to see man different types of zed, slow moving, fast moving, crawling, aggressive, passive, unpredicatble. Breaking down doors, hordes clawing at buildings, breaking through windows, i want more then looting and shooting players.

There a stagnant end game, combined with player life time progression, soft skills and base building...i believe this would put dayz in a really good place.

They could add simple things to zombies, we all know if a zombie spots you hes going to run after you, and the player is either going to fight or flight. Lets say its night time..player aggro's a zombie so naturally he runs away. Instead of following the player mindlessly...why not add a mechanic so that the zombie stops screaming like a banchee, proceeds slowly (allowing the character to believe that hes broken aggro) and attempts to flank the character, in a more stealthy manner. as soon as the zombie gets close enough he can proceed to scream like a banchee.

This would not be that hard to implement, maybe just adding code so that the zombie depending on the time of day and proximity to the player character, will stop all audio queue's, reduce speed, attempt to flank, maybe its more complicated then it seems. but it would make for a scarier and less linear zombie. 

• Like 1

A better comparison might be someone complaining about have to shift all the time when they bought a car with manual transmission. ;)

In my defense it is my work car which I didn't have a say in ;)

My private car is auto

Most of you have valid replays and sugestions. I have 400 hours in the game(on and off) and knowing it's in alpha(still) I understand there will be problems. Yes, everytime the devs fix one bug they create two to be fix later and/or should have left alone. Apples, honestly I did not think of that, the reason when the apples and berries were added once you eat them there was no change in hunger level basicly it was boken at the time so I did not even try it again. Backpacks are essential to keep the game popular. Without backpacks 4 to 8 pocket slots are not enough. Some of you want to say "survival",ok. You know you can make something to carry items with out of a shirt or jacket or pants but if those options are not in the game you have to rely on BACKPACKS. You have to remember us loners once we are killed by a team we have to start over to collect loot again and not be able to return to our bodies to recover what items that are not ruin. A team member that is killed his team mates collect his stuff or guards it until his return. Before you answer with you need friend. I have friends and I'm the only one out of 26 that has not given up on Dayz.

4f5788097301749e05286638e6f2bb36.gif

Play carefully, don't take huge risks.  I'm often the last one alive when I run with a group; mostly because I stay put in a bush and don't take a shot unless I can get it right.  Some people might not like such careful playstyle, but I prefer that to running after the first thing that moves and getting shot in the back by one of the five other people who saw it too.

Being a good squad mate does not mean recklessly running through a field to try to save the gear from the first two idiots to get themselves killed.

Edited by emuthreat

One thing that I have consistently "not liked" about this game since I bought it, back in 2013: an effective lack of survival/PvE mechanics.

What do we have right now?

-Diseases. Very limited, only "infections" (who "sews themselves up" anyways? If you have a sewing kit, chances are you have rags), cholera (never caught, and you have to be basically dead if you "want" to catch it anyways), etc. IMO, untreated water should all-but-always give you a disease. Don't want it? treat your water, or use one of the many wells (which also need to be cut back in numbers by 95%). Wounds should require a regular changing of bandages, at the very least, with unsterilized bandages all but guaranteeing you develop an infection.

-Temperature: HAHAHAHAHA The only reason temperature is a thing now is because of the "hypothermia bug". You should have to closely monitor your layers of clothing, not just to keep warm, but also to prevent sweating.

-cooking: we can cook stuff on a stick, woop-de-doo. Where are the soups, stews and even quickbreads that are easily "cookable" using nothing more than a cookpot over a fire? Why can we survive for weeks of canned food? Nutritional deficiencies are a thing....

-Foraging: the same it has been for the last couple patches or so. Bark, sticks, stones and apples and berries. What about cattails, sphagnum moss, dock, dandelions, acorns? Oh, and it has an absolutely-stumblefuck-chance to fail.

-Crafting. We can make arrows, fishing hooks, some fireplaces, simple snares (which require a found resource- wire), some clothing and backpacks. Where are the slings, spears, bolas, hand-spun cordage (which can be made from literally anything) You should really be able to survive entirely off of crafted tools and found materials (with a lot of work), if you so choose.

And much more. Yet, every patch has at least one firearm, usually more, and no mention of actual survival mechanics.

• Like 2

Nah.  I'm just blowing off steam because I'm tired of people blaming the game for their inability to overcome it.  He didn't ask for help.  He did nothing but rant on about how he couldn't figure out how to leave the coast and then claimed the boat was sinking because lone wolves can't survive.  Sorry, but I play lone wolf exclusively and have zero of his problems.  Yeah, I'm going to mock OP.  He wouldn't have been able to figure out how to install the mod back in the day and probably shouldn't have bought the SA to begin with.

• Like 3

Yes, everytime the devs fix one bug they create two to be fix later and/or should have left alone.

99 bugs in the lines of the code, 99 bugs in the code

take one down, fix it around

127 bugs in the lines of the code

That is how coding sometimes goes.

Apples, honestly I did not think of that, the reason when the apples and berries were added once you eat them there was no change in hunger level basicly it was boken at the time so I did not even try it again.

"It didn't work ten patches ago and I don't read patch notes so I just complain about things without even trying them out."

Backpacks are essential to keep the game popular. Without backpacks 4 to 8 pocket slots are not enough. Some of you want to say "survival",ok. You know you can make something to carry items with out of a shirt or jacket or pants but if those options are not in the game you have to rely on BACKPACKS.

Step one) find clothing items and cut any you won't wear into cloth.

Step two) when you have two sets of six cloth strips stacked up craft a rope

Step three) find burlap sack which are plentyfull

Step four) craft backpack and then find some sticks and make it bigger. 20 slot backpack the same as a Taloon but better color and outline.

Step five) go back and read ALL the patch notes to find out how most of the crap you are complaining about isn't an issue if you bothered to learn anything about the game.

• Like 1

Play carefully, don't take huge risks.  I'm often the last one alive when I run with a group; mostly because I stay put in a bush and don't take a shot unless I can get it right.  Some people might not like such careful playstyle, but I prefer that to running after the first thing that moves and getting shot in the back by one of the five other people who saw it too.

Being a good squad mate does not mean recklessly running through a field to try to save the gear from the first two idiots to get themselves killed.

This game does not really promote such slow gameplay as its easy to gear up and a life is not worth anything. If there was an element where you only got so and so many deaths a day people would most likely change their playstyle and be more careful. The game would also become extremely boring as ten people sit in a bush around the NWAF and nobody wants to do anything.

Sitting in a bush is a great way to get killed in my experience any more.

Which isn't to say it's not better than being in the open, and there is a time and place for it.  But current pvp tactics are primarily focused around a lot of movement, getting real close, and spraying people down.

Edited by Bororm

Loot? WTF is loot? It's got to the point where there is nothing in the servers. Areas where there was loot, no loot there now. I would hate to count how many times i starved trying to find one can of Beans. Clothing, now if you want a tracksuit or scrubs no problem but if you want pocket slots good luck. Guns and ammo, fun thing about those 2 are if you find one you never find it's match. Backpack, my kingdom for a decent backpack. This game is for teams now the single player will travel the map for a hand full of useful loot. I'm not going to mention vehicles and parts(team efford again).

Is it me or is this boat sinking!

Another complaint thread...how original.

Find another game to play if you don't like it. Its only going to get harder. When zombies are a threat, I got 50 bucks says you post a complaint thread on how you can't run into a city/town anymore w/o dying to zombies.

Dime-a-dozen and these threads are literally destroying the site.

Nah.  I'm just blowing off steam because I'm tired of people blaming the game for their inability to overcome it.  He didn't ask for help.  He did nothing but rant on about how he couldn't figure out how to leave the coast and then claimed the boat was sinking because lone wolves can't survive.  Sorry, but I play lone wolf exclusively and have zero of his problems.  Yeah, I'm going to mock OP.  He wouldn't have been able to figure out how to install the mod back in the day and probably shouldn't have bought the SA to begin with.

Dam straight!  :beans:
Edited by Weyland Yutani

The game would also become extremely boring as ten people sit in a bush around the NWAF and nobody wants to do anything.

Illustrated the problem - there is nothing to do in the game apart from waiting for someone to shoot. That said, there are decent games, where I can get to that point a lot quicker. From a survival game, let alone a sandbox game, I DO expect more ;)

Its just not a good "survival" game. And my doubts grow everytime i read a devblog that it possibly never will be.