infiltrator

All you Hardcore players packed it up and left?

Perhaps the devs could try pushing 1st person forward from time to time to combat it's dwindling popularity. Just something to urge ppl to at least to give it a try.

I remember feeling like a second class citizen when there were 70 and 100 player server tests on experimental, but all of 'em 3rd person. I understood why, though; 3rd person is more popular and they wanted to fill up the servers to test their stability. Experimental isn't supposed to be fair, the only reason of experimental branch is to test stuff in the most effective way.

This just got me to thinking that what if all the experimental servers were to be 1st person only, for the duration of certain experimental branch testing, for example .59? I think many of the 3rd person enthusiasists would still suck it up and play on 1st person servers to test a long-awaited, new patch and the servers would fill up just fine. I think. If the popularity wasn't where it was supposed to be, the devs could just open the 3rd person servers (if it wasn't too much of a hassle). This way some of the 3rd person players who haven't really got used to 1st person might just get used to it and even like it. And if not, they could always wait for the patch to hit stable and play the game how they want to play it (It's something that, I, as a 1st person player, have done during an exp branch that didn't have any 1st person servers). A bit artficial, yes, but I seriously think the 1st person servers might need some artificial help...

I agree, and I have to say that a lot of 3PP players will switch to 1PP once they try it. Once I tried 1PP I never wanted to touch 3PP (granted, that was about 2 hours into the alpha when I just started). I agree that the method might be artificial but for what it's worth - Dead said it numerous times that the "true" dayz experience was 1PP, even though it might not be the most popular one at the moment.

I love DayZ too mutch to quit :) . but without infected, being almost alone on those 200+km² is beyond boring. i had good fun with german guys i met on a 3PP, even if we peek corners :lol: .

i was sad to see that UKA turned low pop. that snowball effect is sick, the most people you have the more people will try to join. the less you have, well... it will stay empty. i'm kinda bored with whitelist server too, making a candidate letter for a game is way to serious for me plus moost of the time, whitelist = RP and i HATE roleplaying mechanics usually involved (why makes rules for a sandbox game ?). i hope you'll regain some players, i'll be back on UKA 1PP ;)

Old school dayz isn't an rp server. The application is short, literally a short bit about why you want to play hardcore. Only things they do are encourage you to pvp away from the coast which is brilliant IMO.

I play on it every now and again but don't have much time atm.

Think a big issue atm is how the camera changes have meant in 1pp you can't look up as well (feels like your character is wearing a neck brace all the time lol). Don't know if this has been fixed because I haven't played recently.

i was sad to see that UKA turned low pop. that snowball effect is sick, the most people you have the more people will try to join. the less you have, well... it will stay empty. i'm kinda bored with whitelist server too, making a candidate letter for a game is way to serious for me plus moost of the time, whitelist = RP and i HATE roleplaying mechanics usually involved (why makes rules for a sandbox game ?). i hope you'll regain some players, i'll be back on UKA 1PP ;)

We had the same issue with our 3PP too when we first moved, but after organising a mini open PvP event, which had a surge of numbers it pumped enough life back in to it. 

With 1PP, we're tried doing weekly events on a Wednesday, which does fill the server for the Wednesday evening, but doesn't seem to create that "snow ball" effect. I'm sure if we moved the event to a Friday/Saturday, it might give it that kickstart again. Time will well! Hope to see you back on it though!

Gents servers are 3pp. I like Gents. My buddy also recently got into DayZ and we play together sometimes. As such I play 3pp these days, even though I hate wall peeking. At least I can look at my character though - that's the really important thing.

Gents servers are 3pp. I like Gents. My buddy also recently got into DayZ and we play together sometimes. As such I play 3pp these days, even though I hate wall peeking. At least I can look at my character though - that's the really important thing.

I think the devs should add funcional mirrors and water reflections, so the argument with looking at the char wouldn't count anymore. So everybody could play 1pp :-)

• Like 3

I think the devs should add funcional mirrors and water reflections, so the argument with looking at the char wouldn't count anymore. So everybody could play 1pp :-)

Actually I think they'll be adding functional wing mirrors for cars. I think they're in Arma 3 so that makes sense. Reflective water would be pretty great too ;D

I don't understand what people get out of looking at their characters and that being the important thing. Is it like you hold alt and mouse around your character thinking "That's a nice character"?

I don't understand what people get out of looking at their characters and that being the important thing. Is it like you hold alt and mouse around your character thinking "That's a nice character"?

It's just a pretext. People really want to be able to look behind corners without putting themselves in danger. Minimizing risk, that is. Low risk, high reward. Completely against everything that DayZ is supposed to be.

• Like 3

I didn't even realize there was a 3rd person camera for the first 200h I played...once I did it explained a lot of things...how that player knew where I was

• Like 1

Ya it is sad to see 1PP dying for now .. It's mostly because lots of hardcore 1PPers are feeling devoid because a lack of content and zombies , it's not always a smart idea looking to PVP when you can't look over walls so unless you have a 1pp private server (which there are a good 5 or so that get really full prime time ) you won't have much fun 1PP style . I thoroughly believe though, that .59 stable/ experimental patch will bring back the 1PP crowd .

There are 1000 hardcore players crying around the forum "hardcore servers are empty ;(".

Logic lol.

GTFO please .

• Like 2

Still waiting for that camera vertical pan fix.  I'll log some hours on underground every once in a while, but I really don't like how restricted it feels now that they have borked the camera and left it that way.

--Remember, boys and girls, this is not a 1pp vs. 3pp thread. Just as voters should save their complaints and vote, which is where it counts, forum-goers should vote by joining the servers they prefer.--

The vertical pan thing kind of annoys me since, at the moment, it gives a big advantage to stair-campers in the sense that some sets of stairs in certain buildings are basically unassailable from the front; your character literally can't aim high enough to shoot back if you attack those guys from the front. But I'm still playing 1pp, and not having trouble finding people.

I play on 1pp private hives almost exclusively. Even when they're down to 10/50, I still seem to run into other players. And I see them fill up during peak hours each day. Granted, it seems at first glance that NA has more 1pp servers than the EU or CIS, so perhaps it's a bigger problem in your regions than for me. It should also be noted that while I enjoy a good firefight, it's extremely rare for me to actively seek out PvP - rather, I loot till I spot a player, and then I attempt to force some sort of interaction, whether it's by shooting him or just giving a greeting and a trade offer. Perhaps I differ from others in this respect. But it's still worth noting that I don't find the numbers on the servers I play on to be problematic - 50/50 for about five or six hours during peak times, usually not less than 10/50 during off-peak, maybe 5/50 at its lowest.

I joined the underground server last night.. was fairly populated, but I did not see a soul :(

So I started farming at the NWAF..  B)

wqlfmYO.jpg

• Like 5

Yep, when playing with the Gents of Novo I have to play 3rd but I prefer first. I wish at least one of their servers was a 1st only. We like the community though. 

• Like 1

I'm still around, but my 1PP buddy refuses to play with no infected so I play on a 3PP server with some new friends. Took some getting used to for sure. Also, I bought Arma 3 so I can shoot something. Waiting for hoppers to show up at a quonset on a low pop gets boring after awhile.

• Like 1

For me, PVP is a minor part of the whole gameplay, and since we dont have any infected atm, its not a very fun game for me tbh.

Im waiting, patiently, for more features and for proper infected AI to come back and then i will be all over it again :)

Im also NOT a fan of how the 3pp camera works and gives you such huge tactical advantages, always prefered 1pp and PVE elements in DayZ.
For now, the game is not for me.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 3

Old School Dayz EU server was very populated before they started the whitelist process...not many seem to boother to go through it.

I despise 1PP but only for the limited view and the volume of your own voice.

i wouldn't say that we did all leave, most of us took a break since there is so little to do in the game besides PvP... 

As far as im' concerned, im' more in that game for the survival aspect, when it comes to PvP, id' rather play arma 3 than day-z !! But i feel you though, 3rd PP servers are killing the population of 1st Person servers ! So, personally, im' just waiting for the next EXP build and re-implementation of zombies ! 

• Like 1

I figure a lot of you browse this forum, so why'd you quit? Peer pressure? Lack of zombies?

I prefer 1pp - I got kind of bored with the game and am waiting for more work from the Devs before coming back in. I'm not super into the latest greatest loot, really looking for more game mechanics refinement before dedicating more time to day-z. 

• Like 2