Kiwiyellow5

How exactly can i get an m4 without killing someone?

The reason i cant kill anyone is because i have a chambered cz527. I have searched around heli crashes and officers tent before my death but theres no m4

Edited by Kiwiyellow5

Sounds harsh, get hold of me via pm you can have my m4 for a life. (yes pretty rare atm)

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 2

server hop or loot cycle is what i assume everyone does, since i've never seen one spawn myself.

Shoot the legs, duct tape hands, bag head, and then take it and run.

The reason i cant kill anyone is because i have a chambered cz527. I have searched around heli crashes and officers tent before my death but theres no m4

I see this as your problem, you're trying to run before you can walk. You have more options than a chambered cz527 or an M4. Maybe you should be looking for a 5 round clip and scope for the gun you have, rather than searching for the gun you're unlikely to find? It's easy enough to find yourself an SKS, ammo and PU scope. Then go and try and find yourself a side-arm, a CR75 or magnum are easy enough to get hold of. A waterproof jacket, some food and you're all good. Why do you NEED to find an m4 when you have nothing to begin with?

M4's are rare, the scopes are rare, the mags are rare, and the ammo is rare. You might get lucky, but more than likely you'll be server hopping for hours, maybe days before you find one. And then what? You're still just as likely to get killed with that M4 as you are with the Cz527. Sure you can spray and pray more, but that isn't going to help against a well aimed SKS or Blaze shot to your head. Also you've not a lot more chance of survival in a spraying match against an MP5. A gun is only ever as good as the person holding it, and I get the impression you're not that good. Play the game with the guns you find, and upgrade if you find a better one. Don't waste your life server hopping for "leet" gear that you'll lose the first time you see a hostile player.

Edited by McTabish
  • Like 7

clip...clip

Ughn.. Fighting my OCD... Those are mags, not clips!!!

Edited by Quat

OP, in my recent experience these are the available options, other than PvP:

1. Run crash sites. Apparently M4s do spawn at crash sites, but, having found a lot of what seem like unlooted American crash sites in 0.58 (probably over 100), I have yet to see an M4 - just UMPs and AUGs.

2. Farm the officer tents at Myshkino or NWAF. There is a technique to this, and lots of people are doing it. I feel pretty dubious about it, but have tried it once or twice. Again all I get is UMPs or AUGs, but statistically the probabilities seem higher than running crash sites. As these are high-traffic areas, your chances of running into other players are high.

3. Loot hop at the officer tents. Even if this was not a dubious and frowned-upon tactic, you chances of success are slim, and the risks of bumping into someone specifically camping to ward off hoppers are high.

3. Trade for it. Find something else that M4 owners might want. Suggestions are SMERSH vests, barrels, SVDs, Winchesters. This is probably my preferred route right now.

But, as others have said, there is so much more to DayZ than the acquisition of an M4. SVDs and UMPs, either together or separately, are better than an M4 in some circumstances, and either is definitely easier to find.

• Like 2

Let others find it and look for camps and steal it from there :)

• Like 2

You can kill someone with nearly anything, and a lot of folks who are trophy hunters running around wasting time looking for M4's can be terrible shots and shake like crazy during a fight because they don't want to lose their precious M4. It makes them easier prey than you'd imagine. You're better off getting a hunting scope and putting it on something and then go hunting people with M4's than running around the heli crashes.

• Like 1

Just cycle the loot in the officer huts , They spawn like 4 at a time.. We might as well have the packed guard house's back with all the loot it's so ridiculous and once again nothing really being done about it. Mabey we should all just spawn in with AK's and M4's. Just mind blowing...

Just cycle the loot in the officer huts , They spawn like 4 at a time.. We might as well have the packed guard house's back with all the loot it's so ridiculous and once again nothing really being done about it. Mabey we should all just spawn in with AK's and M4's. Just mind blowing...

Its really not mind blowing and its being worked on right now. And no, M4s do not spawn "like 4 at a time".

Augs and UMPS do, however.

• Like 1

Its really not mind blowing and its being worked on right now. And no, M4s do not spawn "like 4 at a time".

I actually prefer the Aug, something beautiful about it.

• Like 2

Officers tents spawn them. Officers tents are the.. well, green tents that has a door, and a few bunk beds inside. Both the AK101 and M4 can spawn in there. Your best bet is either the area with tents west of Myshkino, or the North West Airfield. I haven't seen an M4 at heli crashsites for a while, not sure if they spawn them at the moment.

Edited by anderswhk
  • Like 1

Agreed. It's actually damn hard work (if you're solo), in risky circumstances, with a dubious mechanic, which admins like to kick to exploit, and which favours clans/groups over individuals (I think).

I suggest it would be nice if the odds of finding one at a crash site were improved.

Edited by Mookie

They actually can spawn 4 at a time, just like any other item when loot cycling that crap system.

I see this as your problem, you're trying to run before you can walk. You have more options than a chambered cz527 or an M4. Maybe you should be looking for a 5 round clip and scope for the gun you have, rather than searching for the gun you're unlikely to find? It's easy enough to find yourself an SKS, ammo and PU scope. Then go and try and find yourself a side-arm, a CR75 or magnum are easy enough to get hold of. A waterproof jacket, some food and you're all good. Why do you NEED to find an m4 when you have nothing to begin with?

M4's are rare, the scopes are rare, the clips are rare, and the ammo is rare. You might get lucky, but more than likely you'll be server hopping for hours, maybe days before you find one. And then what? You're still just as likely to get killed with that M4 as you are with the Cz527. Sure you can spray and pray more, but that isn't going to help against a well aimed SKS or Blaze shot to your head. Also you've not a lot more chance of survival in a spraying match against an MP5. A gun is only ever as good as the person holding it, and I get the impression you're not that good. Play the game with the guns you find, and upgrade if you find a better one. Don't waste your life server hopping for "leet" gear that you'll lose the first time you see a hostile player.

the thing is i have 3 coupled stanags and ive collected 100 5.56 rounds. Edited by Kiwiyellow5

Officers tents spawn them. Officers tents are the.. well, green tents that has a door, and a few bunk beds inside. Both the AK101 and M4 can spawn in there. Your best bet is either the area with tents west of Myshkino, or the North West Airfield. I haven't seen an M4 at heli crashsites for a while, not sure if they spawn them at the moment.

all ive found there are umps and augs

the thing is i have 3 coupled stanags and ive collected 100 5.56 rounds.

I think I have twice that, and a pristine version of every single M4 attachment, three times over....

I'm giving up on looking for one for the time being, while I patiently await the arrival of the FN-FAL (or 'SLR' as I'll insist on calling it).

server hop or loot cycle is what i assume everyone does, since i've never seen one spawn myself.

Loot cycling is back????

I actually prefer the Aug, something beautiful about it.

Remember when they used to use them in TV shows and films as "ray guns" lol

OP, in my recent experience these are the available options, other than PvP:

1. Run crash sites. Apparently M4s do spawn at crash sites, but, having found a lot of what seem like unlooted American crash sites in 0.58 (probably over 100), I have yet to see an M4 - just UMPs and AUGs.

2. Farm the officer tents at Myshkino or NWAF. There is a technique to this, and lots of people are doing it. I feel pretty dubious about it, but have tried it once or twice. Again all I get is UMPs or AUGs, but statistically the probabilities seem higher than running crash sites. As these are high-traffic areas, your chances of running into other players are high.

3. Loot hop at the officer tents. Even if this was not a dubious and frowned-upon tactic, you chances of success are slim, and the risks of bumping into someone specifically camping to ward off hoppers are high.

3. Trade for it. Find something else that M4 owners might want. Suggestions are SMERSH vests, barrels, SVDs, Winchesters. This is probably my preferred route right now.

But, as others have said, there is so much more to DayZ than the acquisition of an M4. SVDs and UMPs, either together or separately, are better than an M4 in some circumstances, and either is definitely easier to find.

1. I'd be willing to bet M4's do not spawn at crash sites currently (.58) at all.

2. Great for the accessories and ammo, but not for the M4 itself. Many UMP & AUG but never M4 as far as i know or have heard reliably since .58.

3. Potential, though very slim. Have seen myself and heard from others multiple times.

3. I need a SMERSH Vest and potentially a winchester, pm me trade offers. Winchester beats m4 anyway :)

1. I'd be willing to bet M4's do not spawn at crash sites currently (.58) at all.

2. Great for the accessories and ammo, but not for the M4 itself. Many UMP & AUG but never M4 as far as i know or have heard reliably since .58.

3. Potential, though very slim. Have seen myself and heard from others multiple times.

3. I need a SMERSH Vest and potentially a winchester, pm me trade offers. Winchester beats m4 anyway :)

1. I think I agree. Certainly I haven't seen one, but others claim they have.

2. Again, if my recent experience is true, I agree. But also again, more than one poster says "loot cycle, four splurgespawn at once!"

3. Indeed.

4. I'm looking...

I think I have twice that, and a pristine version of every single M4 attachment, three times over....

I'm giving up on looking for one for the time being, while I patiently await the arrival of the FN-FAL (or 'SLR' as I'll insist on calling it).

FAL will be new king I'm sure. Battle rifles are ideal for the open expanses of chernarus. I wonder if they will be optic-compatible...