MadMcardle

White armband, what do they mean to you?

22 members have voted

1. 1. A white armband means...

• I KoS
    • I am friendly

So I am on the night shift, 7 hours to go until DayZ time :P anyway me and a friend were discussing white armbands, I always thought that they meant I am a new player or I am friendly and he thinks it means I am a threat or I KoS, just wondered what other survivors thought? Obviously this is not an absolute, just peoples opinions :)

• Like 1

armbands dont mean anything to me

Mostly they are a camouflage faux pas :)

• Like 1

regarding bambies it means - he knows how to play the game. any "i am new" talk leads to sudden death.

Well in my opinion i think white is something like (hero/friendly) player, and green also. but still everyone uses them even if you're cannibal or bandit.

It just means im a fresh spawn. may im a suckin facepuncher, may Im a failed hero.

I seldom KOS to be honest - I`m not like Frankie who blames on stupid things just to get himself quick loot. :)

Nothing. I'm as likely to kill a white armband wearer as a non white armand wearer.

If anything it could perhaps bring my mind to a medic or so.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

White arm bands don't hold any special meaning (to me), nor do I think it does globally around DayZ. It'd be the same as asking what does a red, blue, orange, etc mean. I didn't vote in the poll cause it means neither to me. I can still get killed regardless of what color arm band.

3rd option:  They don't mean a thing to me.  They ain't got enough swing, you know?

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

An armband of any sort, white or coloured, suggest to me that he's got friends nearby, or means to meet up with some friends. Therefore, he should be assumed to be a murderous psychopath, as I believe that the majority of players who group with others do so to facilitate their murder-sprees, to ensure that they're the dominant force (in numbers, anyway) in a given area. If he has an armband, he's going to try to kill me and cook my ass into hotdogs and hamburgers. Armband means shoot.

• Like 1

Colored armbands suggest that the person is not alone. White armbands are just a way to save space and preserve a bandage when everything goes to shit in a hand basket. But as always, making assumptions in dayz is just that: an assumption. You never know anything for sure.

Extra rag; first time player learned to right click; Extra rag; somebody who thinks it means white flag(friendly/surrender); Extra rag; somebody pretending to be first time player who learned to right click;Extra rag; somebody pretending to think it means white flag; Extra rag; your grandmother laerned to play DayZ and she thought it might be a good place to put her knitting needles; Extra rag; somebody role-playing a person trying to hide a terrible tribal armband tattoo; Extra rag; "I gave blood today"; Extra rag; I plan on giving blood today.

• Like 1

Comrades! For me white armband means that its carrier is a member of the bourgeoisie white militia serving his capitalist leaders, and if I see one when I happen to wear a red armband, then I naturally feel it's my duty as a member of revolutionary red militia to shoot that capitalist lackey, and preferably with a Mosin or a Makarov in execution style, have the capitalist dog kneeled and then put a bullet in back of his head.

• Like 1

Armbands just mean that someone may be with company. Other than that, the color doesn't matter, shoot on sight.

Those trying to distinguish themselves from the rest are obviously either a threat to be removed, or a weak target.

Cut down all tall poppies, and make the world a better, more homogenised place.

*smallprint*

offal, entrails and other waste products will be processed into tallow and futher homogenised to be used in supplements to the master race (kos).

Peace through power!

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Armbands like most clothing in this game, mean nothing to me, I find that people just wear what they think "looks good" or goes with whatever theme their going for this life. I think that the stigma of clothing actually meaning something like, "I KOS' or "I'm a Bandit" or "Hero/Friendly" needs to die, no real way to prove someone is friendly or not.

Smart people will make an armband immediately because having rags in multiple places is a good idea and the armband is least likely to get ruined.  It's done for practical purposes.  I thought this was obvious.  Assuming anything else, like fashion, is nonsensical. 

Poll is bad.  One of the options is "I KOS".   How many people purposely put on a white armband (or any color armband) as to alert people that they KOS other people.  Why on earth would anybody want other people to know that they KOS?

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys, nice to read some other peoples thoughts, that's what I like about this game, something so small can mean nothing to someone and something very different to another. Diversity is key :P

Happy gaming