deevote

Kicking from Vilayer server IS ALLOWED.

The fact they spelt server own(er) wrong twice suggests it's a strange form letter with some IT monkey pressing the 'deflate issue' button on their end.

Sounds like they could give two shits.

• Like 1

Well these asshats, as you call them, can easily gear up care free on their servers to join other public servers. I'm assuming you have some understanding of how the character persistence works from server to server on a public hive, yes? In regards to you just accusing the majority just looking for something to whine about; it's in alpha and we are testers. It's our job to point out the flaws. Seeing someone with nearly 2k posts, I'd think you would know that.

*rolls eyes* 

Play much, bro?

Compelling argument sir. I'm on the fence now if whether or not this all just a big troll post. It certainly is shaping up that way. 

Compelling argument sir. I'm on the fence now if whether or not this all just a big troll post. It certainly is shaping up that way.

Honesty baker as of the past 6 months all of your post are troll posts ... Damn what's happening to these forums , I think we really need a new content update because the lack of it is making people more stupid than they already are ...

Good job OP don't listen to these people who have no sense of right and wrong .. Report the server as much as you can bare , I've repoeted over 10 servers more than 2 times each as they always come back but I will continue to do it to help the public server community out . I server hop , what are you going to do about it butt fuckers ? If you see a corrupt server , report it once at least , and don't be a pussy !

• Like 2

Honesty baker as of the past 6 months all of your post are troll posts 

You obviously do not look at anything you haven't personally posted on, since 70% of what i do here is give hardware advice. This statement in and of itself could be viewed as trolling. 

making people more stupid than they already are ...

This is an example of how you view trolling as someone with a dissenting opinion from your own. You view those who disagree as "stupid" or..

Good job OP don't listen to these people who have no sense of right and wrong .. 

...having no sense of right and wrong. As if Mr. Grapruit Kush is the moral compass by which we all shall navigate. 

I server hop , what are you going to do about it butt fuckers ? If you see a corrupt server , report it once at least , and don't be a pussy !

Again you referring to me as a troll holds an extra special irony considering that in the same breath referring to me as a troll you call the community "butt fuckers". 

Good day to you sir. I hope someday you will be able to accept that sometimes one may look at the same set of circumstances as you and form a different opinion. 

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

if this can be confirmed, BI should be threatening to pull this providers license/hosting rights if this isn't addressed IMMEDIATELY and AGGRESSIVELY. period. rules are a black and white agreement, not an opinion.

NOTHING LESS THEN ZERO-TOLERANCE ENFORCEMENT IS ACCEPTABLE.

if this can be confirmed, BI should be threatening to pull this providers license/hosting rights if this isn't addressed IMMEDIATELY and AGGRESSIVELY. period. rules are a black and white agreement, not an opinion.

NOTHING LESS THEN ZERO-TOLERANCE ENFORCEMENT IS ACCEPTABLE.

Who deems what is acceptable? Why should they be threatening to sever a highly profitable business arrangement?

Just questions, not judgments. Think of it from a business perspective, these relationships are a huge source of revenue for BI, revenue that continues to fund development of the project. It's not as cut and dry as one kid being butthurt because he was kicked from a clan server. 

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

Who deems what is acceptable? Why should they be threatening to sever a highly profitable business arrangement?

Just questions, not judgments. Think of it from a business perspective, these relationships are a huge source of revenue for BI, revenue that continues to fund development of the project. It's not as cut and dry as one kid being butthurt because he was kicked from a clan server. 

if GSP is not following the host rules or enforcing 'by the letter' they should have their rights pulled. as stated in this thread another GSP (gameservers) outright filters what you can put in the server name/MOTD. the current solution of 'report abuse to the people who have a financial interest in siding with the potential abuser' is total BS

it IS Black and white. it IS cut and dry. if there are rules they must be enforced. period. Im sure BIS can find another hosting 'partner' that will enforce their hosting rules. the revenue from being an approved hosting provider is surely worth more to the GSP then the rentals of a handful of badmins having thier service terminated. BI should be bringing the hammer down. "Enforce OUR standards or lose ALL possible revenue from hosting OUR GAME." PERIOD!

Any public server with shit like 'join= kick' or such nonsence in the name or MOTD should be reset to default and a warning issue. 2nd offence should be termination WITHOUT refund, and if i had my way the server renter Lifetime Blacklisted.

• Like 1

if GSP is not following the host rules or enforcing 'by the letter' they should have their rights pulled. as stated in this thread another GSP (gameservers) outright filters what you can put in the server name/MOTD. the current solution of 'report abuse to the people who have a financial interest in siding with the potential abuser' is total BS

it IS Black and white. it IS cut and dry. if there are rules they must be enforced. period. Im sure BIS can find another hosting 'partner' that will enforce their hosting rules. the revenue from being an approved hosting provider is surely worth more to the GSP then the rentals of a handful of badmins having thier service terminated. BI should be bringing the hammer down. "Enforce OUR standards or lose ALL possible revenue from hosting OUR GAME." PERIOD!

Any public server with shit like 'join= kick' or such nonsence in the name or MOTD should be reset to default and a warning issue. 2nd offence should be termination WITHOUT refund, and if i had my way the server renter Lifetime Blacklisted.

Yeah, I get you're mad. It's black and white to you. But they aren't going to do all that, caps and exclamation points not withstanding, since BIS made the rules they are free to interpret and enforce as they decide.

Is it illegal to go 5km over the speed limit? Yes. Will you get a ticket for it? Probably not. 

My question is (and was), why is it such a foreign concept that BIS decide to not dedicate a larger portion of their resources into shutting down existing revenue streams? I'm not saying its right or correct, or you are wrong, but you are clearly more enraged than they are. 

Edited by B@ker

Trying to get back on topic. I have reported a server who was constantly kicking (fragnet) and got a cookie cutter reply saying they take it seriously when a server isnt taking the TOA of BI and will contact the server owner.

Havent had a problem since.

Take it for what it is but even a cookie cutter reply can still mean they are doing something about it even if its not fragnet obviously.

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

B.I. could make all theses server hosting problems go away if the would simply charge a monthly fee to play their games and make all the servers official ones. No more bitching and crying about admin abuse, no more server hopping. I blow 15 bucks a month on dumb crap anyways. Im sure all the people who play do the same

Edited by Bigbadchuck

B.I. could make all theses server hosting problems go away if the would simply charge a monthly fee to play their games and make all the servers official ones. No more bitching and crying about admin abuse, no more server hopping. I blow 15 bucks a month on dumb crap anyways. Im sure all the people who play do the same

yes and no ... I am okay with this kind of business model, as long as I can do it with an advance payment and it stops automatically when I don't play anymore. I definitely refrain from all kind of "12 months contracts" or "requires a written note 4 weeks in advance of service termination". SMoss has said, they take care of it, if reported via feedback tracker, so let's try it this way.

I agree that there are still incredible amounts of join/kick servers by name or by fact around.

• Like 1

I even still see admins today whitelisting their public servers.

This breaks the rules

-Player will be kicked 

- server is private

Edited by Thumper1999

There would be a much better option for the whole community to help and report the server and their owners. Add an option to just click on a server in a server list with already added few presets of a couple of usual offenses and beside that a little window to where you can freely write into detail your experience. Last thing I wanna see when this

game comes out that these things are still here. It's as a person bought the best gear in-game and has the unfair advantage over everyone else...

Edited by Miracool

There would be a much better option for the whole community to help and report the server and their owners. Add an option to just click on a server in a server list with al ready added few presets of an offense and beside that a little window to where you can freely write into detail your experience. Last thing I wanna see when this game come out that these things are still here. It's as a person bougth the best gear in-game and has the unfair advantage over everyone else...

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=17974

• Like 2

Oh great, had no idea but I'm glad someone steped forward with a similar idea.

Well, the idea did not materialise in 11 months, so  .... but yes, this would indeed be a more than helpful feature.

Edited by Noctoras

Yeah, I get you're mad. It's black and white to you. But they aren't going to do all that, caps and exclamation points not withstanding, since BIS made the rules they are free to interpret and enforce as they decide.

Is it illegal to go 5km over the speed limit? Yes. Will you get a ticket for it? Probably not. 

My question is (and was), why is it such a foreign concept that BIS decide to not dedicate a larger portion of their resources into shutting down existing revenue streams? I'm not saying its right or correct, or you are wrong, but you are clearly more enraged than they are. 

It's a forighen concept because rules are rules. simple as. Because some entity is a revenue stream (rather an individual or company) shouldn't make them less of a target for violation of an agreement. more people should be hardliners and there would be less BS. If Im to be told what i can and cant do with a server that im going to pay for then you damn well best enforce it on everyone else as well, including corrupt GSPs that don't give a shit- and telling us to take it back to them is not okay.

Everyone should report with proof every single server with these names/motds/abusive admins. also screen-cap any BS responses from crappy GSPs and send that along with original PROOF to BI. 

bottom line rules are rules. enforce them or don't have them. it really is that simple. i think it's absolutely appalling that there exists people who don't think this is the case, or who think that because BI is making money its okay to let some stuff slide. 

Its amazing how money trumps rules these days isn't it? 

welcome to mainstream gaming culture. this is why we have preorder exclusives, games cut apart to make day-1 dlc, and producers that don't give a rat's ass about enforcing their own rules on server owners. years ago pc gaming was a small niche 'hardcore' audience. single titles use to come with all features and be the flagship game of a developer for multiple years. look at the OLD battlefield games as an example. pissing off your core fanbase was economic suicide. now they can just do some marketing and find new mindless lemmings.

sadly thats not the world we live in anymore. the community is full of lemmings. 

-If you ever pre-order anything, your responsible for running gaming. (i don't care if your gona buy anyway, WAIT! MAKE COMPANIES SHOW YOU THE PRODUCT BEFORE YOU BUY. DON'T BUY ON FAITH)

-If you buy day-1 DLC, you are ruining gaming.

-If you pay into SCAMS like 'Season passes' for games, you too are responsible for all the evils of the AAA gaming industry.

• Like 3

I'm sorry for being blunt, but this is idiotic logic.

If you dont' understand why... well, i'm sure you can read into the undertones of my post.

Alternatively, you could just send me your money seeing as you are so easily parted from it.  I mean, you're advocating spending money on something unnecessarily because you spend money on unnecessary things right?  Cough up chap.

But this is all getting quite off topic.

Report the servers as per the multitude of posts from Boneboyz directing such actions.

I'm quite surprised he hasn't weighed in on this yet given his thirst for virgin blood enforcing the law.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Report the servers as per the multitude of posts from Boneboyz directing such actions.

I'm quite surprised he hasn't weighed in on this yet given his thirst for virgin blood enforcing the law.

This has been the frustrating, pointless way before. There was no point in reporting a server the way the mods enforced it here. Server providers don't easily part with money either, to use your terms for this.

There is now an option via feedback tracker, SMoss said that B.I. is looking into this then. So I'd strongly discourage adressing the server provider, but use the feedback tracker.

• Like 1

-snip-mindless lemmings.

sadly thats not the world we live in anymore. the community is full of lemmings. 

-If you ever pre-order anything, your responsible for running gaming. (i don't care if your gona buy anyway, WAIT! MAKE COMPANIES SHOW YOU THE PRODUCT BEFORE YOU BUY. DON'T BUY ON FAITH)

-snip-

I agree with everything you said there.

To me, the original purpose of preorder was to get bonus content on a game that was finished or almost finished and to ensure you got a copy on release day.

These days it doesn't matter if you can get a hard copy of a game as everything is downloadable at midnight, preordering a hardcopy hardly ever gets you good bonus material or swag anymore (with a few exceptions), nor does it seem to guarantee that you receive your copy on release day (as was the case with BestBuy and Smash Bros Wii-U).

They just have to kill the whole hive concept. 

Its only for abuse and actually a dumb idea given human nature.

They just have to kill the whole hive concept. 

Its only for abuse and actually a dumb idea given human nature.

They would need a to raise the per-server player count. The issue is when your primary server's full. No access to your character/loot. It's not that huge of a deal, just log onto another server and play there on a freshie or secondary char. But it's a real issue that's tough to solve. People get PISSED when they can't access their character.

I was encouraged by the possibility of 75-player servers in last week's update though, that might just be high enough.