Dog fart

netting?

WTF is going on with netting,  spawn the shit at small boats or what.15 servers and NOT 1......BS.

They spawn on dynamic boat spawns now.  I think it's sorta lame.  I went along a good portion of the coast and didn't see a single boat spawn.

Netting isn't exactly rare in reality.  There should be some potential static spawns too like docks or something.

WTF is going on with netting,  spawn the shit at small boats or what.15 servers and NOT 1......BS.

lol....hop my bunny hop.... :D

• Like 1

They spawn on dynamic boat spawns now.  I think it's sorta lame.  I went along a good portion of the coast and didn't see a single boat spawn.

Netting isn't exactly rare in reality.  There should be some potential static spawns too like docks or something.

blabla reality, its bout game balance. The ghuillie is one of the most potent items in game. and tbh its quite easy to find nettings - if u cant find em u arent worth it.

greets

I've gathered ~20 netting this week, making gun wraps for my friends and I and a Ghillie suit for myself. Hail the mighty dynamic event, bane of the hopper! 

blabla reality, its bout game balance. The ghuillie is one of the most potent items in game. and tbh its quite easy to find nettings - if u cant find em u arent worth it.

greets

It's actually not very "potent" at all due to the way characters render in.  There's a reason hardly anyone bothers, besides the spawning dynamic being stupid.

Your opinions are super cute though.

I've gathered ~20 netting this week, making gun wraps for my friends and I and a Ghillie suit for myself. Hail the mighty dynamic event, bane of the hopper! 

I don't server hop, but covering 1/3rd of the coast and not seeing a single boat spawn, because apparently looking at this map now (https://i.imgur.com/HyrzjT9.jpg) there are only 4 spawns on the southern coast, actually makes me rather hop.  Why should I have to run all the way east from Komorovo to find netting of all things?  It makes sense that advanced military weaponry is restricted to dynamic events, it doesn't make sense that one of the most common items in the world is only found in 4 random spots (that don't potentially spawn at all) on over 1/3rd of an entire coast line.
Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

It's actually not very "potent" at all due to the way characters render in.  There's a reason hardly anyone bothers, besides the spawning dynamic being stupid.

Your opinions are super cute though.

I don't server hop, but covering 1/3rd of the coast and not seeing a single boat spawn, because apparently looking at this map now (https://i.imgur.com/HyrzjT9.jpg) there are only 4 spawns on the southern coast, actually makes me rather hop.  Why should I have to run all the way east from Komorovo to find netting of all things?  It makes sense that advanced military weaponry is restricted to dynamic events, it doesn't make sense that one of the most common items in the world is only found in 4 random spots (that don't potentially spawn at all) on over 1/3rd of an entire coast line.

Common indeed is netting in real life, however, used in DayZ to make the infamous ghillie suit which is considered to be relatively overpowered, thus the limit.

Just give us the ability to collect foliage and stick on our clothes. Rubber bands hold em good or elastic ties.

Common indeed is netting in real life, however, used in DayZ to make the infamous ghillie suit which is considered to be relatively overpowered, thus the limit.

But netting should be common in DayZ too. I don't need and I don't care about the ghillie, but I want to use netting to craft the fishing trap. The trap gets borken so fast (ok, no balance here) and the netting is so rare, it's not worth it now.

It also shouldn't spawn exclusively at boats.

So I've been trolling the wrong shoreline. Great.

But yeah, reality and DayZ are very inconsistent. Nets aren't the only thing to build ghillie suits out of.

I honestly don't understand why they removed the function to add grass. It makes more sense than just using netting and burlap strips.

Make the ghillie process more elaborate if the issue is balance.  I still disagree they are overpowered though.  They overheat you like crazy, you can't use a backpack, you basically increase your profile by 50%, they only really work at a certain sweet spot and you have to be prone, because anyone crouched or standing in one is just a giant mass.

I mean there's work arounds for these things, like jumping in ponds and cramming them in backpacks, but it's still a lot of effort for something that isn't even that great.  The team really doesn't seem to care a lot about balance in anything else, so I really don't think that's the point here.  I think they just thought making more dynamic spawns would be interesting, but tying this particular item to it was a mistake imo.

When netting was really common people still hardly made ghillies.  For the vast majority of people they are not worth the effort because they are not op.

The ghillie suit should definitely require much more effort and materials to make. That much I wholeheartedly agree with. Hopefully they also fix the glitches with the ghillie suit too — then I might actually use it again.

As far as netting itself is concerned, it should spawn in boats, houses along the shore (fishermen would have netting in their sheds, etc.), cars along the shore, among other places. Tying it exclusively to boats, and exclusively again to dynamic events seems pretty ridiculous.

I agree that the ghille suit should take a lot of effort to make if it was good, but it's not. I think the model of it looks really cool in this game, but after having made quite a few, and tested them out, I've come to the conclusion that it's useless.

With the way stuff renders in in this game there is absolutely no benefit over having a green/brown top or military clothing. At all. Which just leaves it's only advantage as camouflage within grass rendering distance. After having tried repeatedly to go out, find other survivors in a town, and lie down in a grass patch so as when they turned the corner on me I would be well within the grass render distance and motionless in a full ghille/gun wrap. I was shot every single time. I've also had a few fights and retreated into the forest to lie down and see would anyone pass me. Nope.

I would love to see a really great ghille that worked at its role, even if they made it 100x as hard to gather the materials. But my experience with it has been pretty lousy. That on top of the major downsides, overheating and having to carry way more water bottles (run for 10 minutes, sit naked for 10 minutes hoping the server doesn't restart with all your gear on the floor) no backpack, much larger profile while running, everyone and their aunt will kill you for it, and they'll prob ditch the suit and keep the head piece and gun wrap after they've dried up like a prune from dehydration anyway!

I love ghille suits and I think the devs made a really cool looking one but I hope it gets some big changes in the future.

• Like 1

My bad ,i was thinking of the old days and hangin around berezhki for nets.After finding out about dynamic boat spawns, headed down the coast torturing and killing everyone i came upon..... found at least 7 dynamic spawns with nets on diff servers and in the end started to throw excess nets into the ocean bwahahahahha

.I now keep my gillie in my pack for "special occassions".Might want to keep people like me away from the coast and so spawn netting inland at my old stomping ground nwaf base and tent city myshenko. ;) See u peeps there.