Sign in to follow this  
SANDMANofficial

Can I install SweetFX into DayZ ?

Hi Forum!
I am big fan of DayZ and I have one question.

Can I install SweetFX into DayZ ? I want better colors, because also when I have maximum of healt I think I have terrible colors In-Game. Can I install it ? I worry I'll get Global Ban from BattlEye. Pls respond.

Turn your brightness up and your gamma down to get better colours... :)

This. Also, make sure the display you're using is actually calibrated to the best it can be. When I bought a brand new 1440p panel a month or so ago, the first thing I did was tweak the color settings to get them to my liking.

If you're using an older VGA panel or something (1024x768 resolution, for example), it could just be that the panel isn't capable of displaying the colors that you want. There's a MASSIVE difference between my Macbook, the 1080p panels I use at work, and the 1440p panel I play DayZ on.

• Like 1

And lose shadow detail...

I play with my brightness and gamma at 75% and 25% respectively. Are you telling me I'm doing it wrong?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I play with my brightness and gamma at 75% and 25% respectively. Are you telling me I'm doing it wrong?

You can play with both at 100% and the resolution at 480p for all I care. ;) 

Er, I mean, FIX THE F#@$%NG GAME!!!!

• Like 1

about the question you asked:

i don't think you will be able to play DayZ with any mods at the moment

modding will be supported in the future, but right now servers will most likely refuse the connection, or kick you for modified files

you propably wouldn't get banned for modified files (without any attempt to hide it), but you never know...

an other thing is, that afaik SweetFX is for Arma3, and would therefor need some changes in order to run with dayz

Hi Forum!

I am big fan of DayZ and I have one question.

Can I install SweetFX into DayZ ? I want better

colors, because also when I have maximum of

healt I think I have terrible colors In-Game. Can I install it ? I worry I'll get Global Ban from BattlEye. Pls respond.

I do remember having my colours go to crap here and there as it looked like I was low on health. Anyone noticed that as well?

You can do what sweetFX do with the colour settings of your graphic card. You can even make a profile that changes the colour when DayZ starts so you wont have the colours all the time. I myself prefer the gritty gray of Dayz to create a proper apocalyptic feeling. As for your question, yes you can use it. Someone asked about this a year ago and there was a long thread about it.

I personally wouldn't take the time to install and use SweetFX.

DayZ Standalone tried to immerse you in a gritty, no hope, alone type of environment.

If the grass is green and the sky is blue it breaks that immersion

]