Sign in to follow this  
Ronfox

This DayZ World - a short film based on a Reddit post.

Me and /u/Acewhittles decided to turn /u/CodenameCaboose's reddit post into a short film. (link)

This world we live in is quite the lonely one, wouldn't you agree? Everywhere you turn you are met with the dilapidated relics of our once thriving humanity. Not just the slowly colapsing buildings either, their flimsy foundations crumbling beneath our feet, but our inner sense of community. Our sense of trust. I used to believe in others, or at least tried to. Never seemed to get me anywhere though. Sure I'd meet the odd friendly face, but more often than not, approaching a man with a good-natured wave would be met with a hail of bullets. Now I'm much more cautious. So when I saw you, back turned to me, I felt my heart leap into my throat. I told you not to move, why didn't you listen? When you turned, a small part of me hoped you and I would end up going our separate ways, unharmed. Then I saw the metallic glint of a firearm. I didn't hesitate, not for a second. One right between your eyes and two more in the back of your skull for good measure. If you were in my shoes, I'm sure youd've done the same. All I can do now is say a small prayer and take what I need before I go on my way.

Edited by Ronfox
  • Like 4

Wow, pretty moving story and the execution is stunning! Crazy to think it came from just one post :D

• Like 1

Damn, this was beautiful, this made me really emotional. Crazy how a good story, and a video can make such a big impact on ones emotions.

• Like 1

Wow, pretty moving story and the execution is stunning! Crazy to think it came from just one post :D

Thank you Merlin! There are lot of good short story's getting written on DUG. I'm glad to at least turn one of them into a video! 

Damn, this was beautiful, this made me really emotional. Crazy how a good story, and a video can make such a big impact on ones emotions.

@0:30 where Ace (the voice actor) is cracking his voice really gets me. He is so good at what he does!