Sign in to follow this  
DayZCiv

Truck/Tent/Container Loot Problems, Tested

We at The Civ decided to lock down one of our 3 servers, to test the camp lag people are experiencing.  As we suspected, trucks or truck storage are the apparent culprit.  We drove NO trucks on that server after locking it down and ran in a bunch of tents to NWAF, filled them with loot.  Did we lag out?  Here's the test on video:

We worked hard as a community, at our own expense, to test this theory.  It appears we may have found the culprit!

• Like 4

Definitely given us something to try out... We do keep trucks in proximity to our elaborate camps. Going to need to shuffle some stuff around and see if it works.

• Like 2

It's definitely worth a shot!  With *no* trucks used on the server at all, we had the results on the video.  Currently, our core is looking for barrels to add them to the test, but that takes a while  :)

• Like 2

Containers in containers seem to be another culprit but I did notice a change when I brought a new truck home last night to a camp that had expanded some since the last time I had a truck there.

We are currently looking for barrels, so we can test further.  Once barrels are added, if there is no difference in performance, we will bring in a truck or two and show the effect...

Okay so we have a combination of numerous barrels, car tents and small tents... along with a smash of backpacks / kit-in-kit type stuff. We moved the trucks and lag has completely vanished according to one of our guys (coldatrophy). 

We had another issue too- I was under the impression the servers would restart on their own every 12 hours automatically... so I didn't configure the server to restart through Gameservers. Going over the logs it sounds like it had been up for well over 12 hours- more than 24 by the sounds of it and that didn't help. The combination of a restart and moving the trucks made things very nice indeed. 

Aaand the long-awaited Part 3.  We added a truck into the mess that was over 1km away, heading toward our camp.

• Like 2

Okay so we have a combination of numerous barrels, car tents and small tents... along with a smash of backpacks / kit-in-kit type stuff. We moved the trucks and lag has completely vanished according to one of our guys (coldatrophy). 

We had another issue too- I was under the impression the servers would restart on their own every 12 hours automatically... so I didn't configure the server to restart through Gameservers. Going over the logs it sounds like it had been up for well over 12 hours- more than 24 by the sounds of it and that didn't help. The combination of a restart and moving the trucks made things very nice indeed. 

The servers only restart if empty, it appears.  We have been forced to manually restart every 4 hours to keep the main server full and playable.  Twice daily persistence wipes as well!  SUCKS!  Anyhow, until BattlEye allows you to schedule restarts via BEC, you will probably be stuck doing it manually.  If you do happen to figure out a way to schedule them that works, please let me know!

Edited by DayZCiv

We are currently looking for barrels, so we can test further.  Once barrels are added, if there is no difference in performance, we will bring in a truck or two and show the effect...

You don't really need to test that any more. When the truck has a somewhat full inventory, 1 barrel a backpack and an ammo box in the vicinity will make it impossible to drive it away. The status reads: engine is running, door is closed, but neither of them were happening on my screen. I waited as long as 10-15 minutes, then relogged several times, but the truck stayed frozen. 

Only interesting thing would be if the situation relaxes a little after restarts. I finally gave up on the truck and that camp altogether. Never gonna drive a truck into any camp of ours again, before this is sorted. Couple 100m distance and there is no problem at all. 

Edited by S3V3N

Like to know the status of the "hotfix we are working on as I type this" as per a tweet last week... Not being a whiny bitch- I'd just literally like to know what's going on with it and if they're making headway.

• Like 1

Looks like my chosen public server being bereft of trucks may have been a blessing.  Can also confirm the container within container issue, as the only camp lag I had ever experienced was from an ammo can inside and improvised backpack.  BTW backpacks are staying way longer than they should, and cleanup is not working properly for many other items, such as axes and handguns.

Like to know the status of the "hotfix we are working on as I type this" as per a tweet last week... Not being a whiny bitch- I'd just literally like to know what's going on with it and if they're making headway.

• Like 1

Another question came out of this... are guns considered storage? So with ammo in mags in guns... in barrels... 

You see where I'm going with this. Any influence at all that you guys have seen?

I have zero issues at my mini-camps with and without trucks now that I have gotten rid of all of my containers inside containers. I removed a total of 7 containers (5 ammo cans, 2 first-aid) spreading them out over a 1000M away from my initial camp and the lag went away.  My mini-camp consists of 6 backpacks and 1 barrel all with mixed items from ammo to weapons and everything in between. 

Just food for thought as I can now drive my truck to and from my site(s) without any issues whatsoever. 

Can't wait for the hotfix which I hope is tomorrow on maintenance day  :thumbsup:

Another question came out of this... are guns considered storage? So with ammo in mags in guns... in barrels... 

You see where I'm going with this. Any influence at all that you guys have seen?

I have an m4 with a 60 round loaded mag within my barrel as well as a mosin with 5 rounds loaded. No lag with this configuration. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1