Noctoras

Should trucks spawn with glowplugs and batteries? Should guns be more rare?

I am suggesting yes, for the sake of realism.

When apocalypse comes upon me, my last actions will not be removing a glow plug from a truck and putting it inside some barn. I either take the truck to flee or I light a cigarette or whatever.

So I think most trucks should spawn WITH glowplug and battery, but said items should also spawn separately. I could make my truck difficult to steal by removing the glow plug, however people in posession of a glow plug can put it in and there goes the truck.

I also think guns should be much much rarer than now, only few people on a server should be in posession of guns with ammo - however, I think some of the spawning weapons could also spawn with a bullet or next to a bullet. Having few guns would make guns special and give melee weapons a meaning. It would also curb the over abundant KOS mentality.

Another item, which should be more rare is canned food. There should be a point to fishing, farming, hunting. Right now it is only a devorative element.

Just some thoughts.

no vehicles shouldn't spawn with parts quit being lazy. and guns spawns are fine i think ,i haven't seen anyone with too much stuff most folks that have nice shit have worked for it an hunted for it so no they do not need to be rarer IMO. And if you want a realistic game they need to get on the medical system first the injuries and the way of healing said injuries needs to be a lot more difficult so before they make life easy by spawning in the parts in the truck lets make it where a rag and food and water do not heal bullet holes then talk about spawning truck parts in the truck.

• Like 2

no vehicles shouldn't spawn with parts quit being lazy. and guns spawns are fine i think ,i haven't seen anyone with too much stuff most folks that have nice shit have worked for it an hunted for it so no they do not need to be rarer IMO. And if you want a realistic game they need to get on the medical system first the injuries and the way of healing said injuries needs to be a lot more difficult so before they make life easy by spawning in the parts in the truck lets make it where a rag and food and water do not heal bullet holes then talk about spawning truck parts in the truck.

After seeing screenshots of barrels full of UMPs and people with multiple military guns I don't think guns are rare enough. Atleast military ones. Civilian guns are fine though.

Nothing wrong with there being a decent amount, or even a lot, of firearms. Remember: South Zagoria underwent heavy civil war just before the "zombie disease" outbreak.

What I have issue with is the amount of ammunition. Cut back ammunition spawns by 1/2, or even 2/3, and I would be happy. Then, you would have to actually be conservative with ammo, or even bluff and hold up enemies, as opposed to just blasting them outright.

It isn't a survival game if you have 7 magazines and 200 rounds of loose ammunition. The second you stop being afraid about the future, it ceases to be survival. Of course,  I also want the environment to be the major threat, as it should be in realistic survival, but what-have-you.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 2

Absolutely no offense meant whatsoever OP but your post reads like deja vu to me.

Everything you say has been suggested countless times and they aren't "bad" suggestions at all really.

Modding will probably provide "hardcore" builds with more scarcity.

RE: bullets/clips/mags found with guns.

^I believe this is definitely something the devs plan to implement.

• Like 2

I think that if vehicles do spawn with the parts they need to work, they should be ruined, "for the sake of realism". Better than having nothing right? xD (But honestly no I don't think they should spawn with them otherwise vehicles aren't going to be anything special)

Trucks should have a small chance to spawn with glowplugs or batteries, that is my opinion.

As for the rarity of guns i am not sure, i haven´t played for a while so i don`t know how common or uncommon thay are right now.

• Like 2

I SO agree with you.. I wish there were alot less guns floating around. For the trucks i wish they were random drivable ( Like some spawned with a battery and no plug , or spawned with both or mabey none at all ) 

• Like 2

I am suggesting yes, for the sake of realism.

When apocalypse comes upon me, my last actions will not be removing a glow plug from a truck and putting it inside some barn. I either take the truck to flee or I light a cigarette or whatever.

So I think most trucks should spawn WITH glowplug and battery, but said items should also spawn separately. I could make my truck difficult to steal by removing the glow plug, however people in posession of a glow plug can put it in and there goes the truck.

I also think guns should be much much rarer than now, only few people on a server should be in posession of guns with ammo - however, I think some of the spawning weapons could also spawn with a bullet or next to a bullet. Having few guns would make guns special and give melee weapons a meaning. It would also curb the over abundant KOS mentality.

Another item, which should be more rare is canned food. There should be a point to fishing, farming, hunting. Right now it is only a devorative element.

Just some thoughts.

I think they will most likely randomize the damage status of the vehicles upon release, however since this is a testing phase it makes more sense to force the use of the repair mechanics. 

• Like 2

Personally I think it is right how it is now as people would scavenge and steal them if this was real,  but maybe the location of the parts should change? Would it not be more realistic to have them in the petrol stations or garages? Then again the sheds are also good as that is where I kept my motorcycle stuff thinking about it, but yeah add them to petrol stations I reckon.

Overall, im saying, guns are good, ammo, not AS much, cut it back a little bit.

The trucks though, It would be nice to have a randomness factor to them. Is this thing going to have a glowplug or a battery? Both? None? Id like a little bit of randomness thrown in there.

Trucks should spawn with parts in them. However, they should spawn locked, and you have to find a key or break your way in.

Nobody in their right mind would be like "Oh! A zombie apocalypse is happening? GUESS I'LL REMOVE ALL THE ENGINE PARTS IN MY TRUCK AND TOSS THEM!"

Nah. Suggestion makes sense.

I think it might be a placeholder mechanic?

Get some data on how apt the average player is at getting 2 parts then finding a truck as opposed to the old way of just finding a truck, start tuning the final system based on this?

I believe when I started playing there was only 3 trucks per map and they had little or no fuel to start with so they have that info to go by now too.

Playing with my buddy. Took us a while to find a gun and ammo. Now we're both armed but not especially well. Not exactly rolling in ammo. Went to a couple of military bases and found nothing but boots. I see videos of people with inventories packed with ammo and I can only conclude that these people play for several hours every day. I imagine that most people play like I do (a few hours every now and then, maybe a couple of times a week). Weapon spawns seem to be pretty good as far as I can see.

I wouldn't mind if canned food became rarer, though hunting and fishing should become easier in the process. There's not really any incentive to get meat because it's so difficult - that and I've not seen a single animal in .58. Fishing I've not tried though I hear there's something wrong with it, like you need a special knife or something. It's a bit like the bow. In the past I've worked hard to actually get a working bow and arrows. By the time I've got an ashwood stick I've already got a shotgun or something. By the time I've got a fishing pole and a cooking pot I've got a few cans of beans. If I didn't have those beans I'd never get to the point where I'd even be able to put a fishing pole together.

Playing with my buddy. Took us a while to find a gun and ammo. Now we're both armed but not especially well. Not exactly rolling in ammo. Went to a couple of military bases and found nothing but boots. I see videos of people with inventories packed with ammo and I can only conclude that these people play for several hours every day. I imagine that most people play like I do (a few hours every now and then, maybe a couple of times a week). Weapon spawns seem to be pretty good as far as I can see.

I wouldn't mind if canned food became rarer, though hunting and fishing should become easier in the process. There's not really any incentive to get meat because it's so difficult - that and I've not seen a single animal in .58. Fishing I've not tried though I hear there's something wrong with it, like you need a special knife or something. It's a bit like the bow. In the past I've worked hard to actually get a working bow and arrows. By the time I've got an ashwood stick I've already got a shotgun or something. By the time I've got a fishing pole and a cooking pot I've got a few cans of beans. If I didn't have those beans I'd never get to the point where I'd even be able to put a fishing pole together.

To each their own but I'm hoping the vanilla game caters to people like me who play 2 or more hours a day everyday but usually they cater to casuals. One or more of the groups will have to wait for modding to get the specific DayZ experience we want. 

Meat is bugged right now with a wildly random chance of making you sick so that sucks considering how awesome the stick cooking and the new net+wire fishtrap and duct tape to repair it are. My personal hope on that one is that cooked meat ends up being more nourishing than canned goods considering the extra work to get it and exposing yourself to cook it. Had some asshole KO me on Skalatisy while I was cooking up a dozen deer steaks (when they weren't bugged) that I would have happily shared along with advice and material aid to get off the island but DayZ being DayZ I guess, was mega pissed about the 3 deer hides that he probably just trashed.  

I SO agree with you.. I wish there were alot less guns floating around. For the trucks i wish they were random drivable ( Like some spawned with a battery and no plug , or spawned with both or mabey none at all )

I would agree with these sentiments with the caveat that very few trucks should spawn with fuel in their tanks. It would make sense to me that most of the trucks would either have been driven until they're out of diesel or siphoned dry.

Hello there

Id like to see vehicles in all sorts of repair and in all kinds of condition so one never really knows what one will need to do to get a vehicle on the road (if indeed anything needs doing!)

But I can see why the devs are doing it this way for the moment.

Id expect to see some more subtitles to vehicle repair in future.

Rgds

LoK

-snip-

Id expect to see some more subtitles to vehicle repair in future.

Rgds

LoK

Subtitles would certainly help with some of the Cyrillic. ;)

EVERYBODY.

Don't you recall the pics of the parts that are on their way? Do you also recall how the mod had glass and other parts we still do not have?

Yeah, it's all coming plus specific tool use like those wrench and lugs that seem useless now...

Right guys, right?

http://youtu.be/NP0mQeLWCCo

damn autocorrect.

subtleties

• Like 1

As of right now 100% of vehicles spawn without the parts.

I think here and there finding a vehicle that's partially running would be neat.