vgbarbieri

So what do you think about the development goals, set one year ago?

So what do you think about the development goals, set one year ago? I'll leave my opinion, i 'd like to hear yours.

With 0.52 hitting stable branch today, the holidays should see some interesting gameplay. I for one look forward to the expanded options for the roleplaying communities, as well as the outstanding changes to player versus player engagements I plan to have on first person only servers (when rescuing innocents from bandits, of course!). Suppressor support, hotfixes to address the majority of the gunshot audio issues, new animations, the first iteration of the chainsaw, and of course who could forget the seasonal festivities. I hope to see you all around the Christmas tree in Novod. I'll be looking for the bear that has my name on it. Red Water is not always a bad thing
Brian Hicks / Lead Producer

My analysis refers to the actual 0.58 version of the stable branch in comparison with the goals set last year. Remembering that we are in Semptember 09, 2015.

Q1 First Quarter 01/15 - 03/15

• Basic vehicles                                                      :thumbsup:  Ok we have one basic vehicle,thats good.
  • Advanced loot distribution                                    X This is a real PROBLEM.
  • New renderer                                                        ? Idk Perfomance has increased in last updates
  • New Infected AI                                                    X Infected AI is pretty bad imo.
  • Basic stealth system (infected and animals)        :thumbsup:  Ok we have a basic steath system. good :)
  • Diseases                                                              :thumbsup:  We have cholera,and some diseases i think?
  • Improved cooking and horticulture                       :thumbsup:  Cooking appears to be fine, and being impoved.
  • Advanced anti-hack system (Dynamic BattlEye)  :thumbsup:  Anti-hack system is being improved

Q2 Second Quarter 03/15 - 06/15

• Advanced vehicles (repair and modifications)      :thumbsup: Repair  X Modifications
  • Advanced animals (life cycle, group behaviour)   X
  • Player statistics (DayZ.com/DayZ API)                 X
  • New UI                                                                  :thumbsup:  you can set the new UI as launch opitions X but still a wip
  • Player stamina                                                      X
  • Dynamic events                                                    ? idk
  • World containers (Chests, Fridges, etc)               :thumbsup:  Fridge X chests, etc...
  • New physics system                                             ? idk

Q3 Third Quarter 06/15 - 09/15

• Traps                                                                    X no
  • Barricading                                                           X  no
  • Character life span + soft skills                             X no
  • Animal predators + birds                                      X  no
  • Aerial transport                                                      X  NO
  • Console prototype                                                 X NO
  • Advanced communication                                     ? idk

Q4 Fourth Quarter 09/15 - 12/15

• Animal companions
  • Steam community integration (Steamworks)
  • Construction (base building)
  • Beta version
Edited by vgbarbieri

They discussed not meeting many of these goals in the live broadcast audio slideshow presentation from the roostertooth debacle.

We discussed afterwards.  You're a couple weeks late.

• Like 7

Uh ... so if we missed that meeting (sorry I was sick that day), then these issues are "too stale" to be addressed?  I was not aware that meeting attendance was required as part of my "early access" buy in.

• Like 3

Advanced Animals are in I'm fairly certain.

Statistics are in, just not viewable by us.

Dynamic events are in (Heli crashes, police cars)

New physics system is in, just not applied to everything yet.

Traps are in (Land mine, bear trap, rabbit snare)

• Like 2

Uh ... so if we missed that meeting (sorry I was sick that day), then these issues are "too stale" to be addressed?  I was not aware that meeting attendance was required as part of my "early access" buy in.

No, you use the search feature and join in the discussion.

• Like 1

Every single time someone posts one of these, they are wrong about so much stuff. This one is no exception.

• Like 3

For Q1: what are you smoking? CLE is now better than ever and infected ai? What's wrong with the new ai it's good imo...

Also I remember reading that the roadmap is for internal builds, so it wouldn't be the same as our build. Who knows what they got in there.

Also for barricading: lockpicks.

And animal group behavior. I  haven't seen any animals in this patch but from the stable/exp thread for 0.58 there was many screenshots of animal groups and such.

edit: In conclusion it's a nice list you made but you missed quite a few things that are already in + the internal roadmap point. 

Edited by Hekeetsu
  • Like 1

... for internal builds, so it wouldn't be the same as our build. Who knows what they got in there.

This is an excellent point and one that I am certain is overlooked by the majority. We only see the tip of the iceberg that's ready for main branch integration. 

• Like 1

"My analysis refers to the actual 0.58 version of the stable branch in comparison with the goals set last year. Remembering that we are in Semptember 09, 2015."

You are from the future? 

Damn Semptember....just as annoying as the month of Smarch.

• Like 3