IgnobleBasterd

Where is everyone?

I played on a full server and ran in the general northwestern direction (didn't check map to keep track, just went by hunch). Didn't see a single other player during the whole 3-4 hours. Even peacefully looted a downed helicopter I happened to come across. Where do people gather nowadays?

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Since loot system is different now, from what I've heard and have experienced is that most people are up north (east and west). The coast seems like ghost towns theses dayz since the update.

I've been everywhere as well had a few encounters in places i usually don't ever see anyone. Folks could be anywhere at anytime all you can do is be ready.

I've been everywhere as well had a few encounters in places i usually don't ever see anyone. Folks could be anywhere at anytime all you can do is be ready.

Lol, I personally have dropped my guard and just running around quite in the open just to increase the chance of SOMETHING happening.

I got up early and went on my usual server at around 3am GMT and there was one other player online.

I was making my way south and I was near the military base near Pavlova when I heard a "thunk!" The other player was at the same location and tried shooting me with a bloody arrow. Out of the whole map he turned up where I was.

Interaction with other players is more apparent on .58 than any other for me.

have met people from coast to nwaf and back and left right and center really , died quite a lot around coastal area xD Killed a few to after raiding a police station carrying a tiretruck :D

Guess it depends from server to server but overal since ,58 have had many more encounters from friendly to evil , enjoying dayz lots atm just needz zombies :)

If you start running around between Vybor/Veresnik/NWAF/Zelenogorsk you normally find a bunch of people

Haha I was just trying to open same topic. Really where are you all ?

Also wtf no Zombies ! No Animals ! in this 0.58

I played with my new char about 5-6 different days totaly more than 20 hours in more than 10 different EU servers  which are mostly full 40/40 50/50 but i didnt see anyone around Solinicy, Berezino and some other towns,  cities at north too. I didn't see anyone while i have long range scope and i looked all around. I feel like i am in I am a Legend game :D

And i didnt hear any shots in full servers. Am I walking in a different location or what ?

Also items are rare and mostly craps :( item spawn is very slow

Notice: I was playing experimental then when i see 0.58 is up then i change my option but it didnt download anything. Would it be a reason ?

Edited by yimmasabi

You are pjs ting the same patch that was released on exp so there's nothing to download.

There are animals but they move around a lot, been startled by animals in strange places thinking they were players creeping nearby.

Zeds are in, very few in number but they are there. Mostly I've seen them around novo.

I've seen loads more players north than anywhere else. Spawned as a freshie in Cherno, decided to climb trip yellow (first time up there) and looked around- nothing. Swapped servers a few times before eventually seeing people running about. Awesome!

Lol, I personally have dropped my guard and just running around quite in the open just to increase the chance of SOMETHING happening.

Don't drop your guard if you can just expect the unexpected and you'll be fine.

I have noticed when i run into folks on the server i play on they seem more desperate. when i search there loot they have nearly no food or ammo just enough to get to the next house or town. I've been really lucky it seems they don't think, they want food and what i have so bad or want it so bad that they just think raise gun pull trigger before they think maybe he's not alone. I love it i hope to have more friendly encounters but the ones I've had the folks try and get close as not to miss or try and surprise me by hitting me in a  CQC type of area. maybe its the server i'm on i don't know but i'm loving the style the sly stab you in the back approach i havn't had my hands shake like this in awhile. anyone else have interesting player stories or noticed a change in how folks are interacting with you or you interacting with them.

Edited by gannon46

Don't drop your guard if you can just expect the unexpected and you'll be fine.

Nah, I'm fine with being killed. I just want some action.

Today I played on a full pop server and once again peacefully looted two heli crash sites. Played for a couple of hours and never saw anyone else.

Nah, I'm fine with being killed. I just want some action.

Today I played on a full pop server and once again peacefully looted two heli crash sites. Played for a couple of hours and never saw anyone else.

well hope you see some action eventually sir. 

• Like 1

I was on the server i found my barrel in and there was one other player. I walked upto NWAF stopped to look for helis on the strip and boom he shot me dead one hit...

Played last night for six straight hours on quite populated servers, running from Berezino to the NWAF.

Didn't see a single soul.

Saw two players at myshkino last night and another in a small town north of lopatino. All encounters ended violently. Slow down and take a look around you. If you're both in warp drive you're not going to spot each other.

I don't know about you, but I've killed at least twenty people yesterday and today at Veresnik.

Fun fact: At least half of them were racist.

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but I've killed at least twenty people yesterday and today at Veresnik.

Fun fact: At least half of them were racist.

Really? Veresnik is still poppin? I figured not since it only has one of the new big barracks, if I remember correctly. I've been using the tent cities as my honey pot these days. Do you use CQC tactics and weaponry or do you cover it from the hill? Tell me how

Finally met another player! Was looting a house when I heard footsteps. I closed the door to my room, and the footsteps were in MY house. For some reason he didn't come into my room, so when I heard him leaving I went out. He was outside and he spotted me. We looked at each other for a moment, then I raised my .357 and shot him in the face. Today was a good day!

All I meet is deer. They're fucking everywhere. I heard something weird yesterday and gladly thought it was a zombie but it was a deer that had gotten into an inner room in the low yellow house and couldnt get out. I went in and pushed him for a bit and he eventually got out.

People seen on 0.58 total since patch release: 9, which is what I used to see in a single session running past Kamy. Shots fired by me: 0, shots fired at me by other players: 1, Times died: 1

yay

Really? Veresnik is still poppin? I figured not since it only has one of the new big barracks, if I remember correctly. I've been using the tent cities as my honey pot these days. Do you use CQC tactics and weaponry or do you cover it from the hill? Tell me how

I've been using an MP-133 with pistol grip and a scoped Blaze. It's mostly been close quarters combat -- I'm really like the shotgun lately. :3

I heard something weird yesterday and gladly thought it was a zombie but it was a deer

I heard what i thought was a kid yelling over comms, spooked the shit out of me since i hadn't seen anyone around and was in quite open space.

Then i go outside the house i was in and see 2 cows running away from me. lol

First non-player movement i've seen in the past days.

Edited by Greaves