Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

looking for something different to do? help combat server hoppers

This has always been my favorite thing to do.

All you pretty much do is sit in the barracks or the officer tents, and wait. You'll be surprised how many kills you get. Find a low pop server and wait. I promise, it doesn't take long before you're tasting delicious tears.

These guys ruin what the CLE does, so I find it only fair to ruin their night.

How do I know they're hoppers? Well, most seem to log in and out of the high loot area. Dead giveaway.

Edited by DanicaHamlin
  • Like 5

All you pretty much do is sit in the barracks or the officer tents, and wait. You'll be surprised how many kills you get. Find a low pop server and wait. I promise, it doesn't take long before you're tasting delicious tears.

How do I know they're hoppers? Well, most seem to log in and out of the high loot area. Dead giveaway.

Thanks, I'll try it :D

Play on private servers and you don't have to worry about such things.

But yeah, I used to do the same thing too from time to time. Server hoppers are vile.

Play on private servers and you don't have to worry about such things.

But yeah, I used to do the same thing too from time to time. Server hoppers are vile.

I used to play private, but they seem to fill fast and I didn't want to have to spam click in hopes for a spot.

The only way to stop server hopping is to not allow characters to move from server. The best way to combat server hopping is to play on private servers. Then they are completely wasting their time gearing up just to have nobody to shoot at.

The only way to stop server hopping is to not allow characters to move from server. The best way to combat server hopping is to play on private servers. Then they are completely wasting their time gearing up just to have nobody to shoot at.

The main problem I've faced in the past are the "badmins" The guys who will kick you from the server if you kill them, raid their camp etc. There are also a few more reasons:

1. Servers being full and having to spam enter.

2. Too many 24 hr day servers

3. Admins deciding they want to change to 24 hr day after I've played a week and established my camp(s).

4. Spending an entire night looting and storing only to find out they have turned persistence off.

5. Admins  deciding to turn off persistence after I've played for a while on the server.

These are just off the top of my head. There are some good admins out there, but when you give a player in the server that kind of power, eventually they'll have some bias toward their friends, or they'll fall victim to emotion and kick you when you kill them.

Just from experience.

Not directed at anyone, but every admin says they're different and they don't play on the server or have bias...but it usually ends up in a power trip and/or drama from false accusations of hacking, etc.

The main problem I've faced in the past are the "badmins" The guys who will kick you from the server if you kill them, raid their camp etc. There are also a few more reasons:

1. Servers being full and having to spam enter.

2. Too many 24 hr day servers

3. Admins deciding they want to change to 24 hr day after I've played a week and established my camp(s).

4. Spending an entire night looting and storing only to find out they have turned persistence off.

5. Admins deciding to turn off persistence after I've played for a while on the server.

These are just off the top of my head. There are some good admins out there, but when you give a player in the server that kind of power, eventually they'll have some bias toward their friends, or they'll fall victim to emotion and kick you when you kill them.

Just from experience.

Not directed at anyone, but every admin says they're different and they don't play on the server or have bias...but it usually ends up in a power trip and/or drama from false accusations of hacking, etc.

Ya it can be tough to find a good private server, but once you do you will realize it was worth the search.

Thats actually a very good suggestion OP, I'm gonna do that right now lmao, I think I have the perfect weapon for such task, the almighty pump action shotgun

Lets see how this goes, wish me luck

Server hopper here, only a fool doesn't scope out the area before looting it out. We've killed a few campers such as yourselves, always a fun time.

• Like 2

How do you know they're loggers if they don't log out....

lol.

I think there should be some indicator when someone is logging in the area/building, that would force people to log out in more safety places. This would obviously not eliminate server hopping but would help in ghosting.

What gets me is people hopping in the actual building instead of looting, running to the woods, hopping. Used to be the same in the neaf prison building upstairs back when we had the reloading sound on login. I've seen people log into the shower room of veresnik barracks and one guy managed to log out behind a bush within the compound just as my bullets were in the air.

This is quite funny btw

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228471-not-a-new-hack/

tbh when the neaf was a mil base, if I woke up early on a sunday morning I'd loot it a few times on different servers. Amazing how many people I met. You'll probably meet more people on low pops at high value areas than high pops. Thing is people server hopping and playing on low pops are fooling themselves and missing out on the game. They'll all have this high end loot and absolutely shit themselves when they come into contact with anyone. I'd much rather have semi-ok gear I've earned legit.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Tonight was the first time I killed someone and felt bad.

Was camped in the officer tents when I heard a truck drive up.

guy comes in...dead.

Then I realized he was probably a regular on that server if he had a working truck.

Tonight was the first time I killed someone and felt bad.

Was camped in the officer tents when I heard a truck drive up.

guy comes in...dead.

Then I realized he was probably a regular on that server if he had a working truck.

Don't feel bad...if you don't want to be KoS don't drive a truck into a military zone ;)

Wait, how does looting ruin CLE?  It still functions regardless of whether the player remains on the server.

These server hoppers, they are happy and paying customers, yes?

One could easily make the case that campers are just as 'bad' as server hoppers.  Look, you KOS people!  Seems to me that those who lament over server hopping are the same people who value gear too much and actually get upset when they die.  Those people are the ones with the delicious tears.  

Please stop whining on the forums just because you like to make assumptions.  Also, your list of complaints in your third post of this thread has nothing to do with server hopping.

• Like 2

Wait, how does looting ruin CLE?  It still functions regardless of whether the player remains on the server.

One could easily make the case that campers are just as 'bad' as server hoppers.  Look, you KOS people!  Seems to me that those who lament over server hopping are the same people who value gear too much and actually get upset when they die.  Those people are the ones with the delicious tears.  

Please stop whining on the forums just because you like to make assumptions.  Also, your list of complaints in your third post of this thread has nothing to do with server hopping.

Server hopper detected. I appreciate you being such an easy loot pinata.

or you could just camp and kill anyone who turns up without asking them if they recently came from some other server

that's valid play, isnt it ?

And you can also do that on private servers too !

Last year I suggested having "no-log" zones around high loot areas, so people would have to come in from a distance, and if you couldn't log from an in-zone building when it came under fire, it would make combat in high loot areas more interesting too... also I suggested if you log out in one of those zones, your next log in is random anywhere on the map...

there was some discussion, but it died

IMO people mainly deep-down love to hate "server hoppers" - they want them to go on existing so they can get mad about them. They've taken the place of 'bandits' in the Mod.

Me, I change servers when I feel like it, to see what's happening, but I haven't been on an airfield or military base in a couple of months. I visited one police station last week - But I change servers from time to time because I WANT TO, and because the low-ping servers close to my location like to kick pretty often, or because 4 out of 5 servers go dark at real-life-nightfall and I play after 22h, and because  the others are 50/50 full, ya know.. But mainly because I CHOOSE to move  ... so I see the world....  Is that a problem ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Server hopper detected. I appreciate you being such an easy loot pinata.

No post formal thought detected.  I appreciate you trying to the best of your ability.  Maybe next time you'll be able to stay on topic and debate in your own thread.

• Like 2

poor dude logs in Thirsty and Hot, he was probably just lost and looking for a drink

er .. maybe

what I do while while I'm waiting for the crops to come up, or just hanging out to see what goes down :

I sit on low pop servers, late night or early morning, and watch the player list - never more than 3 to 7 players

But ALL the names change ALL the time .. almost every one of those players stays around 12 minutes max

Worldwide that must be a LOT a lot of players going through low pop servers non-stop

Strange way to play

.. whatever

When you finally realise you dont NEED to get "geared up" this game gets a whole lot more interesting;

I follow a deer through the trees and hey, on the other side is a brand new crash site.. ya know, stuff turns up all over the place, in outhouses, in factories, sometimes really unlikely places, just because you're moving across the map. No need to go to any barracks. And mainly I don't want that stuff anyway, I throw it away in bushes (sorry dudes) - survive how you like

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

"Players who want to not waste hours to get some decent shit while putting themselves at a clear risk are scum! They ruin the game!"

Hilarious. Hit me up when you realize that this is a video game and not everyone wants to spend all day on a video game.

• Like 1

actually, after some time, CLE will make server hopping rather ineffective

let's say there were 100 server hoppers on server X, there are now very few lootspawns at the typical places (military bases) left to hop,

most military stuff will probably be in towns or unpopular hopping places (places with a single green prison and nothing else)

on the other hand, if someone would happen to run through the towns on these low-pop "server hopper heaven" servers, he would find enough stuff for days of playtime,

turning every lowpop server into a potential goldmine

since i love the AK-74 and happen to loot up on empty servers when i want to relax a bit, and by actually looting and not hopping, this makes me a very happy camper,

since AK-74s are residential spawns and spawn very often at Police stations which very few people tend to serverhop

Edited by Zombo