Sign in to follow this  
DickCheney

Hypothermia Issues?

So I was just chilling with a friend looting about and such, I was probably soaked because its raining but I've been fine since this patch dropped with that, I got cold every now and then but warmed up by running around so it was really no issue, I've not even died since I first started playing so this guy is like 8 hours old or better.

Anyway, I was just chilling when all the sudden I became way too fucking chilled, hypothemia, out of the fucking blue after I fired a round from my newly found UMP. I quickly made a fire and sat by it, the messages all said "I am rapidly warming up" but I never got off hypothermic and I was still going gray. I had my friend saline me and sat there hoping for the best, waiting for this to end but nothing, I continued getting messages of warming up but never got off hypothermic and never actually stopped taking damage. I even let the damn fire burn me for a bit but nothing. Logged and here we are.

I have friends coming with loads of saline to evacuate me, if we can't fix this I'll simply have to make my way to the coast and hope to get my shit back.

Anyone have any clue how to get around this issue?

Heat cans or put cooked meat in your pockets, relog, take off your shoes and hurt your feet if none of those work it may be bugged. When it's working right even it's brutal and you have to fix it immediately if you're on your own, I played with my daughter and she dropped to it and starvation at the same time and in a hour and a half of aid she died anyway.

• Like 2

rain coats seem to keep you hoter than usual..make a fire and put on a rain coat if you have dry clothes, I usually change between my jacket and rain coat regularly now unless it dark..Maybe wear some willies next time..

My friend with the saline also came down with Hypothermia on the way to me, he is now doomed. I will try some of these suggestions.

Try the can thing and tell your friends about it, I always put hot cans or cooked meat in my pockets before I swim. If you take a canned good and put it in the fire then almost immediately move it back to your inventory it works like a heatpack. 

I got hypothermia last night, campfire fixed it in like 10 mins. You must have gotten a bug.

I second the cans plan, it works well.  I got sudden hypothermia on experimental a few days back, right after leaving a house that I had a fire in the fireplace.  It did not warm me up, but it did dry my clothes very slowly.

My hypothermia procedure: build a fire, strip off everything but your axe, rifle, and boots; go cut some firewood and put two in the fireplace, remove the sticks;  empty pants and wring out, then pop a can of food into the fire, and as Basher said, immediately take it out and put it in your pants; repeat this procedure with all other clothing, and sit by the fire until warm and dry.

It really shouldn't take more than five minutes, so if it doesn't seem to be working, then you have a buggy cold.  Also don't use indoor fireplaces for warming, as they do not seem to be effective.

I found two heat packs last night, also a medkit box so I threw the saline bags, kept the bandages then added the heat packs and rags to the box

out of the fucking blue after I fired a round from my newly found UMP.

Possible bug, please report to the Bug Tracker giving full details while using clean language.

I started getting really cold as well, tried using a heat pack i picked up. Clicked activate but it didn't seem to do much.

Died a few minutes ago to hypothermia. Went from normal to dead very quickly. Had warm clothes and a full ghilie. Was actually looking for a water hole so I could cool off as the ghilie makes us hot. Started sprinting and got the "rapidly warming up" message but the red hypothermia just continued spamming.

Im new here and don't know how or where I can repport bugs like this.

Maybe a silly question, but you guys are sure it's hypothermia and not hyperthermia?

Edited by too-easy
  • Like 2

I started getting really cold as well, tried using a heat pack i picked up. Clicked activate but it didn't seem to do much.

since .58 I havent had any luck with the heat patches, even the pristine ones wouldn't activate..Today I picked one up and it worked, didn't need it but wanted to try it out since they seem to belaying everywhere lately, probably tried 50+ and non worked until today, the next one I tried didn't work,\..I think stuff is desyncing and causing it to become un interactable..

I found a blaze with 2 308 shell in it today, new spawn best find ever :rolleyes:..​ I tried to pick up the blaze several ways, I figured out if you can pick something up that usually if you drag it to your hands it will equip..this didn't work either so I ejected the shell and they went into my inventory, As soon as I ejected the shells the Blaze disappeared, it didn't vanish to a door like stuff does at time I mean it fkn desyncd after the 30 minutes I guess..

Heat cans or put cooked meat in your pockets, relog, take off your shoes and hurt your feet if none of those work it may be bugged. When it's working right even it's brutal and you have to fix it immediately if you're on your own, I played with my daughter and she dropped to it and starvation at the same time and in a hour and a half of aid she died anyway.

This sounds so much sadder than it actually is :(

• Like 1

rain coats seem to keep you hoter than usual..make a fire and put on a rain coat if you have dry clothes, I usually change between my jacket and rain coat regularly now unless it dark..Maybe wear some willies next time..

You know a willie is a penis right? So you're going to arrange dicks all over yourself in some kind of cocksuit?

hehehe :P

• Like 3

You know a willie is a penis right? So you're going to arrange dicks all over yourself in some kind of cocksuit?

hehehe :P

I guess but there boots so I'm constantly stomping on the willies..seems legit

I guess but there boots so I'm constantly stomping on the willies..seems legit

wEllies.... LOL ;)

• Like 1

I died from hypothermia for the first time in ages yesterday. Luckily had a barrel with me so stopped and filled it up, then dropped my hunter backpack and tried to make a fire, fell unconscious just as I was trying to light it. Waited to see if I would wake up but died about 5 min later. Got a good respawn and was back to my stuff in about 15 minutes. Funny thing is it was not raining before hand. Think I put on some damp clothes but was running around at the time so should have warmed up.

Noticed later back at camp that it was "raining" while the sun was out (not unusual irl) but there was no sound of rain, nor visual rain falling, but if I looked closely at a truck or my backpack I could see rain sheeting off of it. Filled up a couple of canteens in this condition, figured it was a bug of some sort, and combined with not having on rain gear or a gorka earlier, was what contributed to the hypothermia.