Sir Wobblefish

Police Force?

So, I was recently reading through an old PC gamer magazine, published back when handcuffs were first introduced, when I stumbled upon something interesting. It said: "Something as simple as handcuffs could spark such change and innovation. This could lead to two bandit groups doing hostage exchanges, or on the opposite side of the law, a band of Rangers could form, hunting down bandits with less than lethal weapons, handcuffing, and jailing them..." I think you know what I am getting at. I was looking at possibly starting one of these groups myself. If you want to join or have any suggestions, tell me. I think this would be very interesting, and we could do some good.

Topics:

Applications (I'm taking them!  :))

How to advertise it in game.

Uniform. (I was thinking cargo pants, green T-Shirt and a Press bullet resistant-vest for normal officers, slightly better for captains)

Where to meet, and when.

How to get the supplies.

etc.

Any and all discussion is welcome!

So, I was recently reading through an old PC gamer magazine, published back when handcuffs were first introduced, when I stumbled upon something interesting. It said: "Something as simple as handcuffs could spark such change and innovation. This could lead to two bandit groups doing hostage exchanges, or on the opposite side of the law, a band of Rangers could form, hunting down bandits with less than lethal weapons, handcuffing, and jailing them..."

Little did he know what they would actually be used for. :D

Little did he know what they would actually be used for. :D

Lol, what do you think of the idea though?

Lol, what do you think of the idea though?

I think it is awesome. However, I believe it would be best executed on a role-playing server.

I think it is awesome. However, I believe it would be best executed on a role-playing server.

Hmm... You may be right, but I meant something where you could do some good, because bandits cant bandit if they have their hands cuffed, i think if properly done, it could work good on a normal server as well, it'd just be really difficult...

:|  I was just looking through the loot list and discovered that there is a police uniform... Im soooo smart... Not. Anyway, uniform would probably be police uniform with press vest if they can be found, otherwise, just whatever there is is fine.

arma has a police academy on each server kinda like gta but with players acting as the police units, can fine or lockup players, handle hostage negotiations

https://youtu.be/iqXMRT0cJyI

Edited by KandyCid

arma has a police academy on each server kinda like gta but with players acting as the police units, can fine or lockup players, handle hostage negotiations

https://youtu.be/iqXMRT0cJyI

That's cool, I didnt know that

i wouldn't have if i hadnt been trolling FranKiis youtube page one day, started off checking out ARK and ran across his crazy videos, he does alot of Rust videos too..apparently hes well known and i would recognize him at this point if i ever ran into him

i wouldn't have if i hadnt been trolling FranKiis youtube page one day, started off checking out ARK and ran across his crazy videos, he does alot of Rust videos too..apparently hes well known and i would recognize him at this point if i ever ran into him

So, would you be interested in helping me out?

So, would you be interested in helping me out?

ill PM you

Why not use the Police uniform...

Yeahhh... I didnt realize there was one at first...

Hmm... You may be right, but I meant something where you could do some good, because bandits cant bandit if they have their hands cuffed, i think if properly done, it could work good on a normal server as well, it'd just be really difficult...

The only way to stop me is with a bullet to the head.

not til they impliment a way that the shot doesnt kill them. 

cpr is cool.doubt they will go quietly. 

Not sure i'd recommend a RP server for it. I've been on one for a while, and the majority of the people are either hunting cannibals/bandits or just friendly. Not much to hunt there, and there's loads of competition.