Mookie (original)

Can't tear clothes for rags

For the life of me I just can't tear clothing (shirts, etc, the usual things) into rags on .58 stable. Just doesn't give me the option...

Also can't find any bandages, so am relying on a couple of untied bandanas in the event of any untowardness.

Having not seen this phenomenon reported elsewhere, wondering if it's just me.

You must now use a sharp object to tear things into rags ... And bandages themselves seem to be rare !

• Like 8

Stone knives can still be crafted in no time. It is an essential 1-slot item that can replace many larger items. As Grapefruit kush said, almost all sharp objects (including stone knives) can be used to tear the less durable clothing items in the game.

• Like 1

Stone knives can still be crafted in no time. It is an essential 1-slot item that can replace many larger items. As Grapefruit kush said, almost all sharp objects (including stone knives) can be used to tear the less durable clothing items in the game.

Too bad stone knives are buggy right now (for me). x3

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Certain objects also require being in hands before the appropriate contextual cue is given for an action...

I can't think of an example at the moment, but pretty sure it's accurate.

Medkits still 4-slots.. silly.

even a 5 year old can tear up his shirt! :| but noooooooo lets change this one!

even a 5 year old can tear up his shirt! :| but noooooooo lets change this one!

Just craft a stoneknife on the beach. even a 4 year old can do that.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

The only nice part about the change is you get more bandages out of it.

A friend suggested that it should be you get less bandages for tearing it without a knife, and I kinda like that idea even if it doesn't really make sense.

To have to use a knife to tear up a shirt is just unnecessary. This is done easily without one IRL. No need to make it more clunky.

• Like 2

The need for a knife to tear a t-shirt or shirt doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Although it's amazing how that black and red t-shirt turns white after it's torn up..

• Like 2

I could see a knife being required for something like a quilted jacket, or a rainjacket. 

But a knife isn't necessary for a plain T-Shirt.

• Like 1

Yeah i agree...shirts shouldent need a knife to beign transformed into rags.For everything else its a nice addition.

You must now use a sharp object to tear things into rags ... And bandages themselves seem to be rare !

Oh my Golly, i had no idea i thought it was glitched or something cause i havent been playing much 

but oi listen,

thanx Kush

Although it's amazing how that black and red t-shirt turns white after it's torn up..

shirts shouldent need a knife to beign transformed into rags.For everything else its a nice addition.

Both of those points are valid criticism, but adding different colored rags for each piece of clothing and requiring different methods of tearing each item apart is unnecessary complexity for both the players and the development team. This is one instance where practicality has to trump realism.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

First I've heard of this. I would suggest that you submit a bug report, if you haven't already.

• Like 1

First I've heard of this. I would suggest that you submit a bug report, if you haven't already.

There is already a bug report.  :D

Both of those points are valid criticism, but adding different colored rags for each piece of clothing and requiring different methods of tearing each item apart is unnecessary complexity for both the players and the development team. This is one instance where practicality has to trump realism.

This. Plus, until you can actually see where someone has used a bandage on themselves / someone else (which may never even be implemented, or may be coming with the QoL changes coming in the next few patches), there's no reason to have any color bandages, as you'll only see them in your inventory anyway. 

Also, how would combining different colored rags work?

Hopefully more coloring options are added (you can already dye armbands different colors using plant material). Maybe some sort of headband would be cool. Having the option to be able to create armbands out of materials other than the raincoats would be neat too.

Just craft a stoneknife on the beach. even a 4 year old can do that.

wow u are mean

Just relog after you open your first can with it until a permanent fix gets put in.

a tshirt now gives 4 rags, unless im forgetting, it gave one in .57 and in .58 using a knife it gives more!

Edited by KandyCid

Nothing like staring at the ground and reading "I have not found a thing" for 20 minutes while bleeding all over that pristine t-shirt you're wearing. Finding stones really shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm fine with needing a sharp object to tear other items (hoodies for example) into rags.

• Like 1

Just relog after you open your first can with it until a permanent fix gets put in.

Yea, that does work for the food can. :D However, I still see two stones even though there is only one. ;_; Oh, well, I am not really playing DayZ anyways. Destiny is taking up all my game time. :P

ah yeah, kinda OT but as to my last point: now need to put magazines / weapons in hand to eject cartriges afaik.