boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

One of my buddies just got reset.  Could this be why?

yep loads of people are back to being freshies

• Like 1

I'm confident anyone reset will have their character back once devs get ahead of it. This isn't their first rodeo.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Did something happen with persistence in the past week? I have been working nights the past few days and haven't gotten to play much but last night when I got on all 7 barrels I had on a server were gone. They were spread out across the entire map none were even within miles of each other so I find it hard to believe all 7 were discovered along with 3 protector cases especially since I have been using these places since the beginning and never once has anything been missing until this past week. I used two of them on Sunday so thats the last time I saw them, only thing I can figure is either something happened with the servers or someone ran across the server using some kind of hacks and found them all. Are hacks like this even possible? Im kinda annoyed but whatever its more effort finding the barrels than the loot. 

I finally died with the AKM I've been carrying around for a few weeks, but during my time with it I grew to know the weapon quite well. I fully modded it (painted buttstock, handrail guard, bipod, working flashlight,suppressor, kashtan scope) and noticed that when it has ALL available attachments, there isn't enough room in the hands section of the tab menu to see Magazine! (ofc it has to be the most important part of the gun) So if you want to detach the magazine, you must first put the gun into your inventory. Simple remedy would be to take away the useless flashlight, but whatever. 

I also tried to "blacken" my natural leather sack and hat with oak bark, but didn't manage to find it. I found tons of regular bark, and the trees that looked like oak trees had 2 "cut bark off tree" options instead of the 1 that other kinds of trees had. I was able to use the regular barks to make the leather clothing brown.

Edited by Kohlbar

Did something happen with persistence in the past week? I have been working nights the past few days and haven't gotten to play much but last night when I got on all 7 barrels I had on a server were gone. They were spread out across the entire map none were even within miles of each other so I find it hard to believe all 7 were discovered along with 3 protector cases especially since I have been using these places since the beginning and never once has anything been missing until this past week. I used two of them on Sunday so thats the last time I saw them, only thing I can figure is either something happened with the servers or someone ran across the server using some kind of hacks and found them all. Are hacks like this even possible? Im kinda annoyed but whatever its more effort finding the barrels than the loot. 

Was it a public or a private server, and if it was public was it an official server? I have been playing on a hosted public server and have not lost my base in a week. However, owners of servers often run into reasons to completely reset the server, while other owners purposely reset their servers periodically.

Was it a public or a private server, and if it was public was it an official server? I have been playing on a hosted public server and have not lost my base in a week. However, owners of servers often run into reasons to completely reset the server, while other owners purposely reset their servers periodically.

There are some servers that reset every 4 hours...some every 12 or 24 hours....

Despite not having played for a few weeks maybe even a month now surprisingly my camp is still on the server i left it on completely untouched just the way i left it.  B)

• Like 2

I also tried to "blacken" my natural leather sack and hat with oak bark, but didn't manage to find it. I found tons of regular bark, and the trees that looked like oak trees had 2 "cut bark off tree" options instead of the 1 that other kinds of trees had. I was able to use the regular barks to make the leather clothing brown.

You need nails to blacken it. Bark is always called bark, but I can actually confirm it has different effects depending on which tree you gathered it from. Gather like 10-15 Bark from an oak tree to color the stuff brown and nails to color it "black". And the other Bark to color it tan again.

Despite not having played for a few weeks maybe even a month now surprisingly my camp is still on the server i left it on completely untouched just the way i left it.  B)

Where and on what server? :O

It was an official public server named something like DAYZ FL 0-0 (PUBLIC/3PP:ON/PERSISTENCE:ON) 00000 - HOSTED BY. I've been playing this server for months and never had a problem until this past week. I was thinking more about people hacking and why would they bother spending time finding camps if they can just spawn whatever, but I guess if they just want to mess with people. Oh well life goes on.

Edited by huckjam

The private server I play on (UN#2) had all the barrels reset - not overall persistence, trucks were unaffected.  Don't know if it's a hack or glicth - admins have been in touch with Eugen.

I hope the next update fixes the loot so It will not leave the world of Chenarus Barron also cant wait to see the new vehicles.

Lets hops for the zombies  to return to Dayz.    

I hope the next update fixes the loot so It will not leave the world of Chenarus Barron also cant wait to see the new vehicles.

Lets hops for the zombies  to return to Dayz.    

The last mention of a time frame for the return of the infected was "not before 0.60".

Patience....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

The last mention of a time frame for the return of the infected was "not before 0.60".

Patience....

thank you   :beans:

• Like 1

Been trying for weeks to find a chance to raid the base of some guys that they openly brag about... unfortunately they always shut down their server aside from the odd 15 minutes here and there to grab something.

Sucks that that shit is allowed.

It isn't and is a violation of TOS.  Look on the lower left of the screen when you do get in and it should tell you who the provider is.  Report them to the provider and they'll get what's coming.  If the provider does nothing then get with BI.  The provider is obligated to agree to terms set by BI for usage.

• Like 2

Zeds are still out there, it's just that you are more likely to find an M4 than you are to run into a zed.  Strange as that may be.  Ran into one last week at the industrial area in Novo.  Took me by surprise too, completely didn't expect that.

Zeds are still out there, it's just that you are more likely to find an M4 than you are to run into a zed.  Strange as that may be.  Ran into one last week at the industrial area in Novo.  Took me by surprise too, completely didn't expect that.

They scare the hell out of me, when I'm not expecting them ... at least that's how I remember it.

This is the 5 billionth time that we hear that "ermagerd there is still 3 zeds in novo story"

• Like 1

This is the 5 billionth time that we hear that "ermagerd there is still 3 zeds in novo story"

Just in response to the 6th billionth "when are the zeds coming back?" post.

• Like 2

Great, the damn 30 minute cleanup just cost me an SVD.

Hope guns and backpacks will see a decrease in despawnrate :(

I feel your pain, the 30 minute cleanup on guns and backpacks is ridiculous! Its especially frustrating when for the past year you've been playing one style and have to remember that now when you set a gun down as you go into a town or get into a firefight that you have to come back every 30 mins a pick it up again. Most people I know that play double carry and set whatever gun they aren't using for that scenario down and then get it when finished and sometimes esp. in combat you can go right through 30 mins without even realizing it then you do that mad dash hoping you get to it on time. 

Edited by huckjam

You need nails to blacken it. Bark is always called bark, but I can actually confirm it has different effects depending on which tree you gathered it from. Gather like 10-15 Bark from an oak tree to color the stuff brown and nails to color it "black". And the other Bark to color it tan again.

AH, thanks! It's weird all the tutorial websites like DayZ wiki kept going on about blackening stuff with oak bark, guess it's hard to keep up with such a rapidly changing game. That's cool about the different shades of brown, too. I turned my leather vest a weird orangish-brown color that kind of made me sick to look at lol.I think it was the pine trees or the trees with white bark

There are some servers that reset every 4 hours...some every 12 or 24 hours....

I meant server hosts completely resetting the loot on their servers, making it how it was before people interacted with the environment. I guess resetting persistence is the term I'm looking for.

AH, thanks! It's weird all the tutorial websites like DayZ wiki kept going on about blackening stuff with oak bark, guess it's hard to keep up with such a rapidly changing game. That's cool about the different shades of brown, too. I turned my leather vest a weird orangish-brown color that kind of made me sick to look at lol.I think it was the pine trees or the trees with white bark

if you wanna see the full outfits click on this link https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228691-oak-bark/?p=2306052^_^

I meant server hosts completely resetting the loot on their servers, making it how it was before people interacted with the environment. I guess resetting persistence is the term I'm looking for.

As was I mate...

• Like 1