boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

i just sum-up all new cars, that's the reason. but shame on me, how could i not mention it specifically :(

----------------------------

i do agree,  there is absolute no end-game potential right now, only the pvp. 

not much choice for end-games, only pvp + officer's tent glitch = ridiculously boring end-game for now. it's is just go to officers tent, pvp, die, spawn, go to officer tent and it goes on and on. camp's are cool, but how much you want to store anyway (especially for me as a lone-wolf)

i'm not saying it's developers fault, it's just the nature of an EA game. 

That's the main problem, and uniqueness of DayZ at the same time. There are no "real" end-game features, as the end-game for you might not be end-game for another player. It's different for everyone.

Personally I don't have any end-game feature at all, I just play to survive, interact, see what happens and try to make certain look for my characters based on the "role-play" I like. That's my end-game.

Others might want base building as their end-game, personally, that takes me out of the game, removes any immersion for me, and just take a silly turn for no reason. I hate base building. Pretty much like every single game tries to implement various "crafting" in their game as it's mainstream and popular/commercial now. But since base building is basically the "end-game" in most survival online games these days, I fear it will become the same thing with DayZ. I really hope we never seen those kind of base building, and the devs simply adds barricading and a few other persistent container type items. (tents, barrels, etc.)

It's kinda sad, but if they add Epoch-style base building, I'm probably gonna quit, or join private hives that have the option removed if it's possible, as quite frankly, I hate base building....

The end-game in DayZ should remain a personal factor, and not an imposed feature.

• Like 7

That's the main problem, and uniqueness of DayZ at the same time. There are no "real" end-game features, as the end-game for you might not be end-game for another player. It's different for everyone.

Personally I don't have any end-game feature at all, I just play to survive, -snip-

The end-game in DayZ should remain a personal factor, and not an imposed feature.

140%

The challenge of the mod for me was to see how long I could survive while pushing the risk factors and killing all infected.

Drawing small hordes of infected, surviving KoS, avoiding hackers, maintaining my vehicles, just one more day, just one more day.

I really liked the day counter in the mod when you spawned (though it told you your general location), it was like a visual reminder of how much my character has survived.

I think the scars and beards could add some of this for me.

I would like to see a static character web page with statistics tied to my game. (I think this is planned?)

Days alive, infected killed, players killed, animals killed, miles traveled, bullets fired, accuracy % based on bullets fired and infected/players hit, etc.

^This would help people (admittedly like me) create an end game with numerical goals.

Can I survive long enough to kill 500 infected?

1,000 infected?

I was quite proud to have lived 30 days w/1,000+ infected before being mortared by a hacker.

• Like 6

I really liked the day counter in the mod when you spawned (though it told you your general location), it was like a visual reminder of how much my character has survived.

I think the scars and beards could add some of this for me.

I would like to see a static character web page with statistics tied to my game. (I think this is planned?)

Days alive, infected killed, players killed, animals killed, miles traveled, bullets fired, accuracy % based on bullets fired and infected/players hit, etc.

Yes. B)  Absolutely. It was the same for me.  :thumbsup: I would really like to see something similar in the stand alone.

Personally I don't have any end-game feature at all, I just play to survive, interact, see what happens and try to make certain look for my characters based on the "role-play" I like. That's my end-game.

Others might want base building as their end-game, personally, that takes me out of the game, removes any immersion for me, and just take a silly turn for no reason. I hate base building. Pretty much like every single game tries to implement various "crafting" in their game as it's mainstream and popular/commercial now. But since base building is basically the "end-game" in most survival online games these days, I fear it will become the same thing with DayZ. I really hope we never seen those kind of base building, and the devs simply adds barricading and a few other persistent container type items. (tents, barrels, etc.)

It's kinda sad, but if they add Epoch-style base building, I'm probably gonna quit, or join private hives that have the option removed if it's possible, as quite frankly, I hate base building....

this all makes sense and i do agree with all you said here (beside the base building part, i love what they showed in concept, i hate what epoch and rust did with it)

still, it seems i made my point in a bad way. i meant, there is not much challenge for now but PvP and storing items in tents (which gets boring at a point) 

weather challenge isn't much of a challenge, there is no zombies (i already know the reason), hunting has no rewards since cooking is bugged, food is everywhere you look etc... it seems the only thing that challenge you right is pvp.

i tried to make some missions for myself, like find 20 glow plugs since they are a little more rare than other stuff it seems (which lead me to some fun with people) and i tried to fulfill it but at some point i just stopped because i can't have that many cars ^^

so long story short, in my opinion and for me, there is not much challenges or tools to make my own story right now.

• Like 3

where is everyone? :( 50/50 uk serv, 0 folks at the nwaf.

a couple of different 50/50 servs and 1-2 low pops, yet 0 folks in myshkino.. are people back to the coast again, seriously?

Yeah same here. Been playing risky as of last since i'm no longer running a server and waited around the myshkino tents for about 45 mins on a high pop and nothing. Was really hoping to see somebody take a risk while I waited in the trees about 700m away. I was ready to test my long range accuracy  >:(

Haven't played in while but I just wanted to stop by and say, I have been watching dayz tv and I like what I'm seeing with these patches! Looks good!

Edited by CJFlint

Yeah same here. Been playing risky as of last since i'm no longer running a server and waited around the myshkino tents for about 45 mins on a high pop and nothing. Was really hoping to see somebody take a risk while I waited in the trees about 700m away. I was ready to test my long range accuracy  > :(

if you desperatly need a firefight at a mil location, go to a low pop server, server hoppers tend to amass there.

On a high pop, most just don't want to wake up to a black screen, thus many avoid NWAF / Tent city  (understandably), because there's many like you, sitting around with a sniper rifle.

Someone casually walked into my stash, took my best m4, all my black clothes, my green balaclava, my hunting backpack and nothing else out of the 18 barrels and didnt even leave a note :/ what a cunt.

Everyone else had a good weekend so far?

As far as the base building debate goes - I like base building, but how will they pull it off decently in Dayz? Really skeptical.

I would honestly prefer something like a hidden stashes meta where you would have to be within like 50-100m radius of a stash to be able to spot it with the naked eye, like just digging holes or covering a small tent or barrel in branches and leaves and stuff like that.

Realistic stashes basically.

Edited by jayfkay

Dayzless ever getting the z back? I'm pretty concerned this hasn't been fixed in quite a long time now.

• Like 1

Uhm, yeah 

Dayzless ever getting the z back? I'm pretty concerned this hasn't been fixed in quite a long time now.

The Z, like, yeah, like totaly stands for zero?! Like duh; read status report 67 it clearly states.... 

And Im pretty sure the zeds were like, just a glitch while they got the new renderer ready they weren't even meant to be in the game.

Nah I'm kidding I love you, AI is incredibly hard to peg down on a map of this size. I'm fairly certain that if the devs manage it, it'll be a first. 

Patience.

-snip-

Realistic stashes basically.

There was dev talk a long time ago about being able to stash stuff inside parts of structures like floor boards if you had the right tools.

And only being able to get to the same stashes with the appropriate tools as well....

• Like 2

There was dev talk a long time ago about being able to stash stuff inside parts of structures like floor boards if you had the right tools.

And only being able to get to the same stashes with the appropriate tools as well....

I dont even remember that one. Sounds good.

[sarcasm]No, that's why they call it Day Zero, they will never be back. They shouldn't be in the game in the first place.[/sarcasm] Edited by IMT

Reading reddit everyones so hyped for the m4 being rare again next patch.. is that really what you believe? Give it 1-2 weeks after release.

Reading reddit everyones so hyped for the m4 being rare again next patch.. is that really what you believe? Give it 1-2 weeks after release.

Is it not rare now? I always play legit (no duping or purposely exploiting) and I haven't found a M4 since .58 stable release. I've found AUG a few times in officers tents and have found a few heli crashes, but no M4. What's the word on how they will make them even rarer?

Also, experimentalprep got updated. Try to contain your excitement  B)

• Like 10

Also, experimentalprep got updated. Try to contain your excitement  B)

At last we can move on. Been missing my fix. (not from the game, just the exp. thread mainly lol)

• Like 3

if you desperatly need a firefight at a mil location, go to a low pop server, server hoppers tend to amass there.

On a high pop, most just don't want to wake up to a black screen, thus many avoid NWAF / Tent city  (understandably), because there's many like you, sitting around with a sniper rifle.

I wanted one last firefight on my server before it officially went offline this morning and I got exactly what I was after since the server was low pop. Found two guys at tent city farming loot from the officer's hut. I patiently waited for the two of them to stop moving while they sorted through the gear they were pulling out of the tent and capitalized on the opportunity. 

So me and my trusty SKS with a PU scope in hand fired a shot that was about 712m according to DayZdb.com/map in which I hit the first guy right in the head. He dropped liked a sack of potato's. His buddy scrambled to take cover but instead of doing the safe thing which was run or log out, he attempted to go pull the gear off his dead partner, and for that he paid with his life. 

I wounded him on my 2nd shot but could see the blood flowing. He started to run and made it just to the base of the hill that heads back towards Myshkino in which he collapsed without firing another shot. Both of them were farming M4 gear. Both had M4's fully decked out with Acog's and other scopes in their bags. Both of them also each had 5 - 60 round mags for the m4 so I felt it was a job well done. The only other gear they had were two water bottles each and some cans of food.

Its a Jungle out there....... ;)  

• Like 6

Is it not rare now? I always play legit (no duping or purposely exploiting) and I haven't found a M4 since .58 stable release. I've found AUG a few times in officers tents and have found a few heli crashes, but no M4. What's the word on how they will make them even rarer?

from what i hear, they want to force people to use civilian guns, so they most make all the military guns rarer a bit (but M4's are rare enough i guess) and also there will be less ammo available now, that exactly what i wanted :)

from what i hear, they want to force people to use civilian guns, so they most make all the military guns rarer a bit (but M4's are rare enough i guess) and also there will be less ammo available now, that exactly what i wanted :)

They are supposed to be moving military weapons back to chopper crashes, which is where they should've been in the first place. ( M4, AK101 and the likes )

As of right now, any high grade military weapon can be found just by cycling the quonset huts.

I think I have one M4 that we stole from a camp but haven't even fired a shot with it. I'm just not all hyped up for it I guess. I like using everything pretty much. Using civilian weapons makes me care less about dying so I'm not running around scared of getting shot, but welcome it because I know I have nothing major to lose but time.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

Hmmm it seems as if the experimental won't be today :/ im really excited for it regardless of what's on it , I haven't played in a while but im ready to get back into dayz full force for Halloween :) !

• Like 3

More experimentalprep action. [inner dialogue: KEEP IT TOGETHER, MAN!]

• Like 8

I just tore up an old bed sheet to make a bandage and bandaged my own upper arm (cooking oil splash burn) tying it tight with my teeth (after applying cooling gel and Neosporin).

The whole time I'm thinking, "How fast could I do this if I needed to?", "Is this sheet/bandage sterile?".

You know you are a DayZ player when you are experiencing significant pain and all you think of is game mechanics....

• Like 6

I just tore up an old bed sheet to make a bandage and bandaged my own upper arm (cooking oil splash burn) tying it tight with my teeth (after applying cooling gel and Neosporin).

The whole time I'm thinking, "How fast could I do this if I needed to?", "Is this sheet/bandage sterile?".

You know you are a DayZ player when you are experiencing significant pain and all you think of is game mechanics....

I keep trying to zoom in when I look at things IRL.  I'm so disappointed every time it fails.  

Man, that would be cool - Steve Austin, Bionic Man cool.   :D 

• Like 3