boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

There are two very different scenarios in controlling automatic fire.

The first as demonstrated is bracing yourself and holding the burst on a target. As the videos show.

The second is trying to change the aim point of a hand held weapon during a burst. Including following a moving target. 

The fixed scenario is not too bad. The changing your aim scenario is a nightmare. 

The game has to understand the difference, it feels like right now the game treats everything as if you are changing your aim point. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what you are talking about, but the point is, having an AK kick like a 50cal sniper rifle with every shot in order to balance out its per-bullet-power and DPS, is a pretty bad approach as it doesnt align with any of the other guns behaviours, is not realistic and essentially makes the gun useless compared to its counterparts.

Edited by jayfkay

I got two videos of getting kills with the AKM, the first kill I get shows some pretty bad recoil, but the second one shows a lot more control ( after some practice I'd guess ). I'd link them but I don't have them uploaded anywhere at the moment.

But like you mentioned, the kick has to balance out the DPS. I'm all for making it rare .. but speaking of rare, has anyone seen any AKM drums? I haven't seen any since EXP. ( no bear traps / land mines either )

I don't think adding rarity will help anyways. It's pretty lame how locations can be cycled for loot and get your squad equipped with m4's, aug, UMP etc. in less than an hour. Why aren't these weapons spawning at the crashes? I'm sure it's been talked about but this is my only big issue at the moment. Hopefully this quonset hut stuff gets sorted out/

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

The thing is, for me its not quite as it is for you.

My progress of the special bugged Hypothermia:

1. Get wet

2. slowly cooling off.. no more messages after that

3. some time, lots of running could be included, character starts shaking (no cold status)

4. keeps shaking even if 3 campfires for 30 minutes etc

now two things can happen:

5a. stay dry + quilted jacket + running + campfires. eventually stop shaking after hours. happy end.

5b. get wet again or do whatever that cools you off - "I have Hypothermia!" "I have Hypothermia!" "I have Hypothermia!" "I have Hypothermia!" "I have Hypothermia!" "I have Hypothermia!"

6. die within 5 minutes, next to campfires.

Other times, namely everytime recently, I have been getting wet and cold and got "I am shaking" repeatedly, but wasnt even shaking.

Its wierd really.

Have u tried a heatpack?

I keep shaking (when aiming) even thou I was dry from a campfire.

A Heat pack activated in my jacked fixed me when a campfire wouldnt.

• Like 1

Hi,

How often are persistence wipes on public servers?

Whenever the server-admins wipe it or the devs implement sth. new which requires a wipe.

Edited by R. Hartenstein

Wow it's been silent on the Dev tracker ... Can't wait to get past .58 and see this game finally get rolling !

I got two videos of getting kills with the AKM, the first kill I get shows some pretty bad recoil, but the second one shows a lot more control ( after some practice I'd guess ). I'd link them but I don't have them uploaded anywhere at the moment.

But like you mentioned, the kick has to balance out the DPS. I'm all for making it rare .. but speaking of rare, has anyone seen any AKM drums? I haven't seen any since EXP. ( no bear traps / land mines either )

the AKM is too hard to control when shouldered in 1st person, while going full auto in 3rd perso is way more manageable.

i've not seen any AK drum mags in a while too, which is ok to me. when loaded on an AKM, turning speed should be reduced. drum mags should be usefull only on a RPK style weapon.

I don't think adding rarity will help anyways. It's pretty lame how locations can be cycled for loot and get your squad equipped with m4's, aug, UMP etc. in less than an hour. Why aren't these weapons spawning at the crashes? I'm sure it's been talked about but this is my only big issue at the moment. Hopefully this quonset hut stuff gets sorted out/

The problem you show here is tied to public/private hive fonctionnement. on a highly populated server on a private hive, finding a high end weapon such as aug's/m4/UMP/SVD is very VERY difficult. raiding the NWAF mean you'll run into 5-10 unfriendly peoples at least and chances to find a just respawned high end weapon are pretty low. high risk and high reward, i love it (even if respawn rate are a little to low at the NWAF on a 50/50 server). the actual loot system works pretty well for highly populated private hives.

on public hives : you can chose a low populated server, loot the NWAF without risks and you are almost assured to find a high end weapon. do it again and all your crew is kitted up. no fun, no risk, high reward... it's not working well IMO.

public hive gather a shitload of gaming issues, (combat log, hopping, making camps on low pop servers, gearing up on empty server, fighting on full ones...). private hives is the only easy answer right now. try wobo servers or UK/EU/US all welcome server, nice highly populated private hives !

I've had good experiences with the AKM with burst fire but I won't disagree that the recoil is a little rough but it can be tamed.

Cold's Steps for AKM: Low Recoil Laser Beam Edition

1) Paint AK Rail Handguard black.

2) Attach ATLAS bipod.

3) Lay down in a cozy place with a good sightline on the door of a quonset and a good supply of food and water.

4) Watch Youtube videos while you wait. Or, listen to audiobooks on a subject you are interested in. I've been listening to Nick Offerman's "Paddle Your Own Canoe" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion".

5) Profit from the veritable cornucopia of high grade loot that finds its way into your lap.

• Like 2

Cold's Steps for AKM: Low Recoil Laser Beam Edition

1) Paint AK Rail Handguard black.

2) Attach ATLAS bipod.

3) Lay down in a cozy place with a good sightline on the door of a quonset and a good supply of food and water.

4) Watch Youtube videos while you wait. Or, listen to audiobooks on a subject you are interested in. I've been listening to Nick Offerman's "Paddle Your Own Canoe" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion".

5) Profit from the veritable cornucopia of high grade loot that finds its way into your lap.

If you're watching a video then how can I know if there comes a player? :lol:

If you're watching a video then how can I know if there comes a player? :lol:

Two screens. Plus, keep the Player tab open. Works best if you lie in wait on a low pop server since then you can KNOW that you are killing hoppers and not just people who happen to be at the NWAF.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

SteamDB activity on experimentalprep ~8 hours ago, and 0.59 is on the internal test servers. Keep your fingers crossed :)

• Like 6

If you read my post carefully, I disagree with the horse kick being means of balancing the AKM. Its just odd and way too much right now.

As for loot spawns, this is how it should be imo:

•  US helicopters can spawn M4 attachments, mags and the gun itself according to their rarities. Also: UMPs and FNXs.
  •  Russian helicopters can spawn the following guns: AK101, AKM, SVD. AKM being the most common and with normalized recoil.
  •  Quonset huts spawn: AUGS at a low rate, UMPs at a low rate, 5.56 and possibly scopes/sights. Possibly FNX. Its a secondary, it doesnt need to be heli exclusive imo (still think its one of the best guns in the game)
  •  All other tents or barracks can spawn: Ak74 (making this the most common assault rifle), SKS, AKSU, attachments.
  • And of course the other equipment and ammo gets evenly spread out there.

What do you think?

Edited by jayfkay

The problem you show here is tied to public/private hive fonctionnement. on a highly populated server on a private hive, finding a high end weapon such as aug's/m4/UMP/SVD is very VERY difficult. raiding the NWAF mean you'll run into 5-10 unfriendly peoples at least and chances to find a just respawned high end weapon are pretty low. high risk and high reward, i love it (even if respawn rate are a little to low at the NWAF on a 50/50 server). the actual loot system works pretty well for highly populated private hives.

It's a lot easier than you think when you run around with 4-6 people. Multiple times, we have took over the Myshkino tent area and made it our own camp on high pop servers. Once you have it locked down, you can cycle the tents and the quonset hut. Hell I had a pumpkin patch going and everything heh and we probably killed 5-10 people throughout the day.

Granted we didn't do that to cycle the quonset hut but someone could've if they wanted.

NWAF is a lot harder to lock down due to it's flat terrain and a lot more cover and concealment. We usually don't even bother with it. Myshkino tents are a lot less busy and is easily controllable.

I got what you meant JFK, wrong wording on my part.

And yea, I'd vote on that idea. High end weapons should be from the choppers.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Have u tried a heatpack?

I keep shaking (when aiming) even thou I was dry from a campfire.

A Heat pack activated in my jacked fixed me when a campfire wouldnt.

I have. I even had 5 heatpacks on me while melting next to 2 campfires, still shaking after 20+ minutes. Its alright, at least you can fix it somehow if you dont get to the Hypothermia stage.

Two screens. Plus, keep the Player tab open. Works best if you lie in wait on a low pop server since then you can KNOW that you are killing hoppers and not just people who happen to be at the NWAF.

Fair enough. :P

You might kill me though because I always play on low pop servers, without hopping.

SteamDB activity on experimentalprep ~8 hours ago, and 0.59 is on the internal test servers. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Let's get ready for this:

If you read my post carefully, I disagree with the horse kick being means of balancing the AKM. Its just odd and way too much right now.

As for loot spawns, this is how it should be imo:

• US helicopters can spawn M4 attachments, mags and the gun itself according to their rarities. Also: UMPs and FNXs.
  • Russian helicopters can spawn the following guns: AK101, AKM, SVD. AKM being the most common and with normalized recoil.
  • Quonset huts spawn: AUGS at a low rate, UMPs at a low rate, 5.56 and possibly scopes/sights. Possibly FNX. Its a secondary, it doesnt need to be heli exclusive imo (still think its one of the best guns in the game)
  • All other tents or barracks can spawn: Ak74 (making this the most common assault rifle), SKS, AKSU, attachments.
  • And of course the other equipment and ammo gets evenly spread out there.
What do you think?
I disagree, because it is Chernarus. They should introduce their standard issue for the military which is the CZ 805 Bren.

If we take the most common rifle from Russian influence the AK74 wouldn't be the most common one.

The most common one will be, believe it or not, the AK74M which is the current standard issue in Russia.

It's a lot easier than you think when you run around with 4-6 people. Multiple times, we have took over the Myshkino tent area and made it our own camp on high pop servers. Once you have it locked down, you can cycle the tents and the quonset hut. Hell I had a pumpkin patch going and everything heh and we probably killed 5-10 people throughout the day.

Granted we didn't do that to cycle the quonset hut but someone could've if they wanted.

NWAF is a lot harder to lock down due to it's flat terrain and a lot more cover and concealment. We usually don't even bother with it. Myshkino tents are a lot less busy and is easily controllable.

I got what you meant JFK, wrong wording on my part.

And yea, I'd vote on that idea. High end weapons should be from the choppers.

Have you guys even checked around the camp? It's all basically forest. Apart from the forest, I know the perfect spot where you can see almost everything what happens down at Myshkino tents.

With one or two other perons we could easily snipe you guys out, one by one.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

The most common one will be, believe it or not, the AK74M which is the current standard issue in Russia.

Have you guys even checked around the camp? It's all basically forest. Apart from the forest, I know the perfect spot where you can see almost everything what happens down at Myshkino tents.

With one or two other perons we could easily snipe you guys out, one by one.

We've taken sniper fire from the western mountains but no one was killed except for him and his partner. I flanked north and then west .. walked right up to him while he was scoped in to the tents and said "night night!" I killed him and followed his corpse sliding down the hill while I started taking MP5k shots to the back but made it out alive. Other squad members took him out. I think we had at least 4 people there at the time. I won't mention where we keep our spotters, but we have eyes on every direction while in cover and concealment. We keep security while others clear the tents pretty much.

While inside the perimeter of the tents, I can see everything happening in the eastern mountains, a bit of the north and south to the broken down tank / truck.

The hardest part is catching folks logging in on the west side where it slops down a bit before going up hill but I've taken out two guys that came from there.

I won't say that an experienced team couldn't take us out .. but from all the hours that I've spent there with our squad, we have yet to be wiped out. ( not bragging of course, just past experience )

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

We've taken sniper fire from the western mountains but no one was killed except for him and his partner. I flanked north and then west .. walked right up to him while he was scoped in to the tents and said "night night!" I killed him and followed his corpse sliding down the hill while I started taking MP5k shots to the back but made it out alive. Other squad members took him out. I think we had at least 4 people there at the time. I won't mention where we keep our spotters, but we have eyes on every direction while in cover and concealment. We keep security while others clear the tents pretty much.

While inside the perimeter of the tents, I can see everything happening in the eastern mountains, a bit of the north and south to the broken down tank / truck.

The hardest part is catching folks logging in on the west side where it slops down a bit before going up hill but I've taken out two guys that came from there.

I won't say that an experienced team couldn't take us out .. but from all the hours that I've spent there with our squad, we have yet to be wiped out. ( not bragging of course, just past experience )

Most people aren't that clever when it comes to tactics. I only fire at someone if I know that I will hit them or have the kill.

If I see multiple people and shoot at them I will move to an other position when the supressing fire isn't working anymore. As soon as the shooting stops you need to move because you will be a deadman for sure, just like this case.

People also need to learn their surroundings before shooting. Plan escape routes, recognize potential hiding spots and keep a very good eye on your enemy.

The element of surprise is important, if you give it away then it's an open battle.

Most people aren't that clever when it comes to tactics. I only fire at someone if I know that I will hit them or have the kill.

If I see multiple people and shoot at them I will move to an other position when the supressing fire isn't working anymore. As soon as the shooting stops you need to move because you will be a deadman for sure, just like this case.

People also need to learn their surroundings before shooting. Plan escape routes, recognize potential hiding spots and keep a very good eye on your enemy.

The element of surprise is important, if you give it away then it's an open battle.

Indeed. I try to apply my grunt experience to games as well heh. I just need a belt fed weapon to really feel in place lol. I have more urban experience than conventional environmental tactics. Of course playing in 3rd person somewhat negates a lot of things because of the dang camera view.

It's hard sometimes in this game because my fricken adrenaline pumps like crazy, hands shaking, heart pounding ... one reason why I love this game. No other game has given me this experience.

• Like 1

Fair enough. :P

You might kill me though because I always play on low pop servers, without hopping.

I work on the hopper stomping alongside cold... We do try to avoid collateral damage (like killing the low pop non hopper) by watching the pop list. Much easier to keep track of when it's low pop... Unfortunately our server is low pop since it's pretty new so we can keep good track of who is up to what.

If you're alone in there for awhile then it's an anomaly on its own and we take notice. We know there's a good chance you're just going about your business somewhere else. If you're the only one in there with us and we eventually see you at the NWAF it becomes a different exercise. EVERYONE is entitled to work their way over to the NWAF to see what they can find. These aren't the people we're working against... 

Someone arrives on the server and within 5 minutes a character is rummaging around a quonset? There's a SLIM chance that it's the person who has been in the server the whole time... but the odds are pretty low. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

I disagree, because it is Chernarus. They should introduce their standard issue for the military which is the CZ 805 Bren.

If we take the most common rifle from Russian influence the AK74 wouldn't be the most common one.

Man! I would absolutely love that.

But you have to differentiate as I did not say that the ak74 was actually the most common gun in chernarus.

I was merely speaking from a game / military loot balance point of view with the current weaponry given. If we look at the AK variants with the non-nerfed AKM in mind, the AK74 would be the weakest and as such be a reasonable choice for the most common one.

Making the AKM heli exclusive would be a way to balance out its power.

Edited by jayfkay

So, finally got some quality time on 58 stable last couple of days. Today, low and behold I finally came across a truck and knew where battery was nearby! In my excitement after stowing extra gun in inventory and roaring off towards my camp, I decided to take a ~"Shortcut"-™ and promptly rolled my shiny new acquisition. Took my glow plug, battery and sulked off with tail buried in hind parts. Question is for those who may have experience: what happens to 'my' truck on reset? I know I seen where out of gas or rekt trucks get a shiny new start on reset, but what about WRECKED trucks? Does a new one spawn somewhere else or does this one upright itself where it lay ready for a new master ? Thanks....

So, finally got some quality time on 58 stable last couple of days. Today, low and behold I finally came across a truck and knew where battery was nearby! In my excitement after stowing extra gun in inventory and roaring off towards my camp, I decided to take a ~"Shortcut"-™ and promptly rolled my shiny new acquisition. Took my glow plug, battery and sulked off with tail buried in hind parts. Question is for those who may have experience: what happens to 'my' truck on reset? I know I seen where out of gas or rekt trucks get a shiny new start on reset, but what about WRECKED trucks? Does a new one spawn somewhere else or does this one upright itself where it lay ready for a new master ? Thanks....

On a server with persistence, the truck uprights itself and refills with gas, fully repaired on server restart. If the truck is completely destroyed, it reverts back to it's original spawn point I believe.

The trucks can be knocked back over with another vehicle without any major issues.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

On a server with persistence, the truck uprights itself and refills with gas, fully repaired on server restart. If the truck is completely destroyed, it reverts back to it's original spawn point I believe.

. That's good news - how do I know what server restart time are (it's an official server ).

Thanks CC