boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

This works (at least it used to) for civilian tents.

I have tried it Today and made some pics and it works, so i wasen´t wrong about that.

But i can also grab things from a different floor i.e. A weapon lays on the second

floor i can grab it from the 3 floor at the same position must be a bug or something.

2015_09_17_00002.jpg

2015_09_17_00004.jpg

2015_09_17_00006.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 3

I meant my comment as if to be in denial that we will  ever see them I dont dislike the idea... Molotov's and zombies go together like Beer and Doritos !!

I ask you and our fellow dayz friends this.. Are they in the mod ? and if they are (molotovs) how long did they take to be designed and implemented for the mod ? Cause if they arent in the mod I have a really good feeling  it would be quite a long time from this here post before we would see something..

To my knowledge there were never Molotov in the mod, but then again I stopped playing the mods shortly after Overpoch was released; might have happened later. However, I do think Arma has incendiary grenades and there are grenades in Dayz SA. But I won't pursue this thought here, because sometimes I forget this is the feedback thread.

Most of the problems I read about here have to do with player status and sickness issues. It seems to me we are good to go for 0.59 ;) wishful thinking!  

I meant Whiskey. I keep saying Alcohol, but what I really mean are just bottles. Something to throw and shatter. I actually don't care much about the Molotovs, they are more of a gadget than actually useful. Just one of the "chaos items" for sandbox fun. I am however on the other end of the line, because I would actually glee if a couple of burning zombies were charging me. How long can they burn anyway?

We will have to find that out.

Thats bs :P I lost plenty of health earlier just standing in the fire a couple seconds.

Like I said - once you catch "the shakes", its hard to get rid of them. Best you avoid anything that cools you off further, as Hypothermia will kill very fast.

Standing in between 2 fires for a good 20 mins did nothing for me (including using 4 cans as heating packs).

But eventually lots of running and wearing a down jacket did the trick and shakes went away.

What is this down jacket you're talking about?

tumblr_m8r9dwAdRn1rdkz5vo1_1280.png

You mean a quilted jacket?
  • Like 1

Is random death linked to specific inventory items?  For the first time in MONTHS I get a fully functional, green painted and kitted up M4.  Random death going down stairs.  No one else on the server just me.  Jeez.

Is random death linked to specific inventory items?  For the first time in MONTHS I get a fully functional, green painted and kitted up M4.  Random death going down stairs.  No one else on the server just me.  Jeez.

Heheh, Dayz is such an asshole. For me it was similar. I put all my weapons away at camp. Also an M4 with ACOG sights, all pristine. I thought I'd just take a stroll and return later. However, later the server vanished and hasn't re-appeared. So all I have now is a pistol and a big ass and empty blue mountain backpack. I haven't had a random death in ages, but I always find other ways to lose my gear.  

• Like 4

Heheh, Dayz is such an asshole. For me it was similar. I put all my weapons away at camp. Also an M4 with ACOG sights, all pristine. I thought I'd just take a stroll and return later. However, later the server vanished and hasn't re-appeared. So all I have now is a pistol and a big ass and empty blue mountain backpack. I haven't had a random death in ages, but I always find other ways to lose my gear.

Same here, I can remember the last time I had a random death like that on a stair case.  Naturally I spawned in way to far away to even try to effect any gear recovery.

• Like 1

Left my guns and melee weapons at camp and went looting. Forgot about the two infected at the east end of Novo. Since I drove through one of them the other day I though maybe they're just bugged and won't do any damage, stopped to find out (was on foot) and nope, they still do damage. Took off running and those fuckers did not give up, nor could I outrun them. Finally got enough space to stop and equip a pickaxe I had picked up. Didn't have it on a hotkey though so by the time I equipped it I was getting hit upside the head. First one went down with two hits, the other took 3-4 hits. Bleeding and no bandages nor rags nor any clothes that could be torn into rags. Checked a couple nearby houses and of course nothing useful. Did see some loot I would have taken if I wasn't bleeding out but color was starting to fade so I knew I didn't have a whole lot of time to be monkeying around. Finally logged out and will log onto my account (I was on my gf's account hehe) and take some bandages to her toon.

Could I be the only dumb SOB to almost be killed by infected in .58?  :blush:

• Like 3

Left my guns and melee weapons at camp and went looting. Forgot about the two infected at the east end of Novo. Since I drove through one of them the other day I though maybe they're just bugged and won't do any damage, stopped to find out (was on foot) and nope, they still do damage. Took off running and those fuckers did not give up, nor could I outrun them. Finally got enough space to stop and equip a pickaxe I had picked up. Didn't have it on a hotkey though so by the time I equipped it I was getting hit upside the head. First one went down with two hits, the other took 3-4 hits. Bleeding and no bandages nor rags nor any clothes that could be torn into rags. Checked a couple nearby houses and of course nothing useful. Did see some loot I would have taken if I wasn't bleeding out but color was starting to fade so I knew I didn't have a whole lot of time to be monkeying around. Finally logged out and will log onto my account (I was on my gf's account hehe) and take some bandages to her toon.

Could I be the only dumb SOB to almost be killed by infected in .58?  :blush:

Yep, I guess so. :lol:

Always, always keep some rags with you!

Even if I drop my gear at my camp, I always take the necessary things like water bottle, rags, etc. with me.

• Like 2

Yep, I guess so. :lol:

Always, always keep some rags with you!

Even if I drop my gear at my camp, I always take the necessary things like water bottle, rags, etc. with me.

It's been so long since I needed rags I got lazy and left them behind. Always have at least one canteen on me, and usually pick up more along the way, as well as any food. Gonna have to get back into good Dayz habits!

The infected seemed a little different somehow. Besides the fact that could not outrun them, sound seemed a little different, and maybe something else. Might monkey around with them some more later (with sufficient rags lol).

• Like 1

It's been so long since I needed rags I got lazy and left them behind. Always have at least one canteen on me, and usually pick up more along the way, as well as any food. Gonna have to get back into good Dayz habits!

The infected seemed a little different somehow. Besides the fact that could not outrun them, sound seemed a little different, and maybe something else. Might monkey around with them some more later (with sufficient rags lol).

I have to admit, since the absence of the infected, I have been slacking a bit myself. Normally with infected I would be more careful but now I'm just reckless.
  • Like 3

I have to admit, since the absence of the infected, I have been slacking a bit myself. Normally with infected I would be more careful but now I'm just reckless.

I agree I have also developed some very bad habits since the zeds took a powder. I am also bored silly without may favorite targets. 

• Like 3

Esssh.....if this has already been reported, i'll vote it up since I accidentally came across this tonight.

Its a dupe that I won't give details on how to perform OBVIOUSLY, however it has to do with switching backpacks right before a server restart :( :( :(

This is what I ended up with when I logged back into my server after it restarted. Notice the 1911 and spaghetti is not in the backpack though everything else is......

21509935761_6b0f80445e_b.jpg

I confirmed that these items were usable and not the items on my back by eating the can of peaches. If anybody has reported this, please link me to the feedback tracker. 

Edited by The Riddler

Esssh.....if this has already been reported, i'll vote it up since I accidentally came across this tonight.

Its a dupe that I won't give details on how to perform OBVIOUSLY, however it has to do with switching backpacks right before a server restart :( :( :(

This is what I ended up with when I logged back into my server after it restarted. Notice the 1911 and spaghetti is not in the backpack though everything else is......

21509935761_6b0f80445e_b.jpg

I confirmed that these items were usable and not the items on my back by eating the can of peaches. If anybody has reported this, please link me to the feedback tracker. 

I think a new guy posted a thread with a dupe method and orlok locked it down.

He suggested the guy make a ticket but I can't say it was made.

You can run it by orlok I guess....

• Like 1

riddler give up, those server restart dupes will never be preventable. they have been working litearlly every patch one way or another so far.

legitimately the only way to get rid of dupers is take away the restart function from server owners. thats just how it is.

Edited by jayfkay

I started my first session, since our favorite server "Monkey Island" was lost and never found again. I've had some luck, some bugs and some fun. 

First off I started in Zelenogorsk, where seemingly always SVD mags spawn in the barracks. I took two, since I had loooots of space in my backpack. Then I thought it might be a good idea to head to the military camp, as I only had a pistol. Found 3 more mags on the way there and had barely crossed the main road when I came across a Russian chopper wreck just north east of Zeleno. "Hahah, no way it isn't looted", I thought and instantly found an SVD. First time I found it, too. Very happy.

Turned back and towards Green Mountain, since I needed nothing from the military camp any more. The first village I come across, Pogorevka, had a truck spawned; I didn't know they spawn there, until now. About the only things I still had in my backpack since "Monkey Island" went down was a glowplug and a battery - lucky. I also found a pristine storage container and later two more. Basically, I was kitted out in less than an hour, easily.

Then I thought - how great that you cannot hit those curbstones with the truck and subsequently hit one smack on and ruined two tires. I could suddenly get in and out of the truck without opening the doors after that. I got a tire from the village I was near and continued. Later my inventory was glitched (I had 3 SVD mags, instead of two), so I wanted to reconnect. Unfortunately the server didn't appear in my history and the "play" button just took me to the server selection. Since it was one of those "Dayz - hosted by Vilayer" servers with no name, I quickly gave up looking and thought someone would be very happy about the truck, plug and battery.

I continued on a new server and on foot and came across some cows north of Stary. They were glitched, so I could take a closer look. We all know the famous proverb: you mess with the bull, you get the balls. Or something like that:

2015-09-18_00003_zpsqwgyz5mh.jpg

I decided to loot Stary and look for a barrel and fertilizer and come back for them. And this happened: 

2015-09-18_00004_zpskrukeqh6.jpg

YES! I found 2 barrels in one small shed. My greatest achievement ever, which I instantly added to my curriculum vitae and shared with the world on Facebook. No I didn't.

Onwards! Or rather backwards I went to shoot those cows and finally try out the SVD. The improvised silencer held for two shots, but the cows just vanished when I shot them. Or maybe they ran away crazy fast, faster than light so I couldn't even see them. Will we ever know? The cows also had an inventory, which is odd:

2015-09-18_00009_zpsbeqnm44p.jpg

I continued north and found another herd, which I observed through my barrel persicope:

2015-09-18_00007_zpsmyvfvwkw.jpg

2015-09-18_00006_zpsb9w4nlyc.jpg

There wasn't much to observe though, since they didn't move either. I tried to shoot and hack them to bits, but they were also bugged and didn't die. I hit them though and saw blood gushing. After wasting most of my ammo on this mundane activity, I gave up and made camp. So, in short: something seems to happen after you damage truck tires, bc you can get in and out of the truck without using its doors. At least I could after I moved the back wheels to front; not sure if before. 

And cows are glitched or stuck sometimes. I've seen it happen a couple of times before, but usually just 1-3 animals and not two herds. They were also unkillable, so I guess it is a client thing and the cows weren't really there at all. Descartes would lose his sleep over this paradoxon. I'll go to bed now. Hope you have good travel aswell! 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Where about are people finding tents. Have yet to find one in.58. Found 4 oil drums though....

Check out appartments building, they all over the place.

• Like 1

If his idea of reduced is 3 in Novo, I'm all sorts of confused by this statement.

Why draw a distinction between 0 on a 225 square km map and 3 on a 225 square km map? (Edit: I guess he means in the design sense they aren't removed.)

I guess you get data from the 3 as opposed to 0 but for all general player purposes they are currently removed.

Edit 2: Maybe what I'm trying to say is.... DON'T REMIND ME!  :P

Edit 3: No 'spurimental this weekend?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

Check out appartments building, they all over the place.

right, it's very easy to find tents in this patch (novaya petrovka is alway my best bet for tents). oil drum on the other hand... found one in the 10 last hours (on a heavily loaded private hive), a yellow one, 99% invisible in a yellowish bush, i spend 15 minutes to find it again :D. it's a good thing since my two camps ouest of sinistrok have been wiped on two different servers (WOBO and uk/eu/us all welcome)

fail of the day :

- been ambushed by a SVD wielder : check

- killed him : check

- misclick "hide body" while trying to reach his inventory : check

- spend 5 minutes saying "dumbass" to myself : check

• Like 4

right, it's very easy to find tents in this patch (novaya petrovka is alway my best bet for tents). oil drum on the other hand... found one in the 10 last hours (on a heavily loaded private hive), a yellow one, 99% invisible in a yellowish bush, i spend 15 minutes to find it again :D. it's a good thing since my two camps ouest of sinistrok have been wiped on two different servers (WOBO and uk/eu/us all welcome)

fail of the day :

- been ambushed by a SVD wielder : check

- killed him : check

- misclick "hide body" while trying to reach his inventory : check

- spend 5 minutes saying "dumbass" to myself : check

West of Sinistok? Did you build a camp there which "disappeared" yesterday? :D (On Wobo)

Edited by R. Hartenstein