boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Of course we definitely would like to give people methods for camouflaging their tents. Out the gate, civilian gear is designed for visibility.

Agreed ... and civilian tents should be the most widely available. BTW, if they are damaged, they are a wee bit harder to spot. But, if a small number of the camo pup tents, as are scattered at the Myshkino base, were to spawn, well, that'd be the shiz!

I understand that these small tents would have a reduced inventory space, but they'd still be the cat's pajamas!!!

I expect that the ghillie mechanic could be extended to work with tents, but who has time to collect 25+ pieces of netting? Life's too short!

Oh, did I mention that the camo tents would be the bee's knees? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

• Like 2

I expect that the ghillie mechanic could be extended to work with tents, but who has time to collect 25+ pieces of netting? Life's too short!

Ahem!  I have the time.  I'm done working by 11 most days.  :D  Would love ot be able to create ghillie netting to cover my tents.  

• Like 1

Or just add the FN Fal :P awesome weapon imo. I would love more semi automatics in general, but no clue which ones would qualify.

My most wanted gun additions: FN Fal and AN-94 :blush:

@BCB

hey you saw this btw? https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228691-oak-bark/?p=2306052

No, I didn't.

A few more days of relentlessly killing my kids over and over in ARMA and I'll get bored, that'll give me something to look forwards to.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I just started to get the hang on the AKM after getting a few kills with it. Personally I like medium range engagements with it where I don't have to fight the recoil. A little closer and you shouldn't do anything but very short well controlled bursts.

The AK74 I can use the same way but more control up close. I've had numerous 250m + kills with it. I love it. I used to hate the kashtan scope because it was locked at 400m but as long as you can judge distance, it's not a problem.

I've got an M4 that we ganked from a camp but haven't used it yet to judge it. No experience with the Ak101.

Why not have the best of both worlds:  http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-obr-optimized-battle-rifle-complete-762-rifle-20-barrel

Also, Devs, pretty please?

I do like me some Larue stuff. Have a few dillos and some dillo dust somewhere. But in a 7.62x51/.308 I would rather have an M1A or M14, or maybe FAL, especially at that price point. Looking hard at getting a Springfield M1A Scout with walnut stock. Probably just throw an Aimpoint Pro (or maybe a micro) on it and call it a day. 

If the devs added an M14 w/optional scope attachment, that would be one hell of an awesome thing. Still in use by some NATO forces (USA at least) so it's presence in Chenarus would not be out of the question.

Or just add the FN Fal :P awesome weapon imo. I would love more semi automatics in general, but no clue which ones would qualify.

My most wanted gun additions: FN Fal and AN-94 :blush:

@BCB

hey you saw this btw? https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228691-oak-bark/?p=2306052

I was gonna say FN FAL and maybe a SAW would be the cats ass. Why are there no belt feds in Chenarus? Should at least be some PKM's floating around. Some RPD's and RPK's as well. Although, imagine the nashing of teeth that would result in Dayz adding belt feds.

EDIT: RPK's would be a good compromise. 7.62x39 and uses 75 rd drums (or 30 or 40rd mags)

DEVS: I have two Yugo RPK's you can use as models if you need/want! 

Edited by Taco Tuesday

That's it though, I can't comfortably make my little camps with with barrels and tents, ammo boxes maybe. Ether way I'll take a little break and come back with some drive to change my style to fit within the new "rules".

So is cooked meat fixed?

Had my fun beating food poisoning and would like to be able to actually try living off fish and game without the glitched blood loss causing me to eat a weeks worth of sustenance in three hours recovering.

I have tested it a bit on the hotfix and after eating at least 10 pieces of meat (fish & deer) I was still fine.

No idea if it's a accurate test for you, else I will test with more meat today.

And I agree with the backpack camps. I get it if normal backpacks would despawn fast but handmade backpacks should be longer persistent because they are made out of materials instead of spawning in itself.

I hope the developers will change this because going from I believe 3 days to 3 hours is a bit severe in my opinion.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Is anyone else having trouble finding car tents? Found a bunch of them before the patch and now only one, which I couldn't get down off of a roof. Not sure why they spawn up there if you can't get them down? Have found lots of civ tents and a big mil tent but only that one car tent.

I just started to get the hang on the AKM after getting a few kills with it. Personally I like medium range engagements with it where I don't have to fight the recoil. A little closer and you shouldn't do anything but very short well controlled bursts.

The AK74 I can use the same way but more control up close. I've had numerous 250m + kills with it. I love it. I used to hate the kashtan scope because it was locked at 400m but as long as you can judge distance, it's not a problem.

I've got an M4 that we ganked from a camp but haven't used it yet to judge it. No experience with the Ak101.

Since we are talking rifles now: anyone know if single fire modes will be added to the assault rifles anytime soon? I haven't checked the UMP, but I presume - sames as the MP5 - you can switch (some) firemodes. I do like the AKs, but I don't like tapping my mouse for a single shot. I think we've established that weapon damage is bound to caliber at the moment. So basically all the guns of the same caliber do the same damage, as I understand it?! This is all going to be sorted out much later, I suppose? In the Beta perhaps, when the actual fine tuning begins. I'm just wondering if anything but the Blaze and the MP5 (+ probably the UMP) have alternate fire modes. Actually the Blaze is a bit of a special case here, but this just illustrates that the alternate firemodes are more meant for testing now. 

I always felt more comfortable with single shot than auto-fire. Even when I played Arma. Auto-fire is mostly useful when you go raiding a lot, which I don't do that much, so I pass up an Ak for an SKS at the moment. I'd use them more with more fire options.

Is anyone else having trouble finding car tents? Found a bunch of them before the patch and now only one, which I couldn't get down off of a roof. Not sure why they spawn up there if you can't get them down? Have found lots of civ tents and a big mil tent but only that one car tent.

I found two so far, one which I stored away (packed) with 3 or 4 civilian tents. Apparently they despawn if they are not pitched because they were all gone. So hiding unpitched tents in tree's for later is not an option. :lol:
  • Like 1

Our last tent spot lasted around 10 days on a server that's full every night.  But, most of those folks are probably not tent searching.  If you go looking for tents on a crowded server, you will find them.  They're either really larger or glow like they're neon.  Right now, they are a very, very poor substitute for green and yellow barrels. 

No argument there - of course barrels are better to hide and the tent offers no upside (at least not yet). If you are in a forest and there's a tent within your line of sight you WILL almost definetly see it....

There is only one way to get a car tent off the roof and it requires the noblest of sacrifices. We tried everything. Throwing off the roof doesn't work. Running start and throw also didn't work. Dropping the car tent on top of the ladder - no dice. We can't look up anymore so the person underneath can't look at it to grab it. 

In the end, take in hands, have a buddy standing by, and jump off the roof. That's the only way.

• Like 2

must have changed something.

There is only one way to get a car tent off the roof and it requires the noblest of sacrifices. We tried everything. Throwing off the roof doesn't work. Running start and throw also didn't work. Dropping the car tent on top of the ladder - no dice. We can't look up anymore so the person underneath can't look at it to grab it. 

In the end, take in hands, have a buddy standing by, and jump off the roof. That's the only way.

I have successfully tossed civilian tents off of the roof of a school building before. The devs must have changed something, yet again.

That's why I look forward to the Exp builds, there is always something new to figure out. Thanks for the update!

I have successfully tossed civilian tents off of the roof of a school building before. The devs must have changed something, yet again.

That's why I look forward to the Exp builds, there is always something new to figure out. Thanks for the update!

.... you can still throw civ tents. You cant throw car tents. Admittably they are massive, but still - when you throw them, just like barrels, they just drop down straight to the ground instead

• Like 1

No the civ tents can be thrown off no problem. It's the car tents that just don't make it.

• Like 1

I found two so far, one which I stored away (packed) with 3 or 4 civilian tents. Apparently they despawn if they are not pitched because they were all gone. So hiding unpitched tents in tree's for later is not an option. :lol:

Yeah I found one car tent and one mil tent first few hours of the patch, stashed them for safekeeping and when I came back an hour later they were gone. I thought, son of a b*tch, somebody stumbled upon my stash! Only other person on was one of the admins. Think you are right, they despawn quickly once you take them and set them down without pitching.

On that note, I have found a heck of a lot of civ tents that seem to spawn in already damaged. I always throw those as far as I can from the spawn points. Usually out a window or off the roof.

On that note, I have found a heck of a lot of civ tents that seem to spawn in already damaged. I always throw those as far as I can from the spawn points. Usually out a window or off the roof.

I prefer the damaged civ tents over the pristine ones, they camouflage better  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yeah I found one car tent and one mil tent first few hours of the patch, stashed them for safekeeping and when I came back an hour later they were gone. I thought, son of a b*tch, somebody stumbled upon my stash! Only other person on was one of the admins. Think you are right, they despawn quickly once you take them and set them down without pitching.

I prefer the damaged civ tents over the pristine ones, they camouflage better  :ph34r:

I agree with GaryWalnuts on this one. I rather take (badly) damaged civilian tents than worn or pristine.

That is not right in my opinion.

I could show you how you can bring a Cartent from the roof without suicide.

You can add me on Steam just send me a message here.

Maybe it only works with the newui but i managed to do that a few times.

Edited by xCrankx

That is not right in my opinion.

I could show you how you can bring a Cartent from the roof without suicide.

You can add me on Steam just send me a message here.

Maybe it only works with the newui but i managed to do that a few times.

Why be secretive? If you found a way, by all means, share it.

I think you could do that better because my english is realy bad thats the only problem.

I dont want to be Secretive.

Ok i try to explain it just go to the ladder with the Tent and put it as near as possible to the ladder

then go down the ladder and use your inventory and you should be able to grab it in the invertory.

But i did it only with the newui option i dont know if it works with the old ui.

• Like 7

I think you could do that better because my english is realy bad thats the only problem.

Ok i try to explain it just go to the ladder with the Tent and put it as near as possible to the ladder

then go down the ladder and use your inventory and you should be able to grab it in the invertory.

But i did it only with the newui option i dont know if it works with the old ui.

Just try it next time even though you can't explain it correctly in a foreign language. People would have more appreciation for someone who tried than for someone who didn't. ;)

As long as people understand it then there is nothing to worry about.

And even if they wouldn't understand it, they will ask for clarification. :P

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

Just try it next time even though you can't explain it correctly in a foreign language. People would have more appreciation for someone who tried than for someone who didn't. ;)

As long as people understand it then there is nothing to worry about.

And even if they wouldn't understand it, they will ask for clarification. :P

I think he explained it pretty well. Leave the tent near the ladder, climb down and open your inventory. I do agree though that nobody should be ashamed of their grasp of the English language. It's better to try and get corrected than not to try at all. OP might learn a bit from it aswell. 

• Like 5

I get what you mean perfectly and  although we tried this, none of us were using the new UI so it didn't work. I should have thought of this though because I had used the new UI to get a tent down from the top of a cabinet. I am a dumbass, yes. Thanks for the tip! 

:P  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 5

In case anyone cares, the scary pre-Hypothermia Parkinson that I had, managed to get rid of it. After ~10 firewood, continuous hours of running and wearing a down jacket during the last 30 minutes, I stopped shaking.

One helluva bug.

• Like 1