boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Ye silencers give an enormous tactical advantage and I strongly believe they will be toned down in availability soon enough.

Right now its just a fest of loot cyclers and duping is always prevalent. You can pretty much count on tons of m4s being in circulation once a patch has been live for a couple weeks. Was especially obvious in i.e. 54 where EVERYONE had either AKM or M4 or in the coastal warfare patch where you could find 10 m4s every city.

What? I know there were ak74s galore, but m4 didn't spawn coastally. If you were finding them, it was definitely dropped duped items.

In fact, I've almost 700 hours playtime, and have yet to see one in-game. Although, I'm sure I been killed with one once or twice before. (fyi - I don't look for heli crashes)

What? I know there were ak74s galore, but m4 didn't spawn coastally. If you were finding them, it was definitely dropped duped items.

In fact, I've almost 700 hours playtime, and have yet to see one in-game. Although, I'm sure I been killed with one once or twice before. (fyi - I don't look for heli crashes)

10 m4s on players...

Does it seem like high end loot is spawning at higher rates after the update (or was it just I was one of those poor saps who was playing on a private server that didn't spawn much at all)?

I'm playing on a low pop private server and got on right after the update. Had almost all my good stuff stashed in car and civilian tents, barrels and backpacks on the ground, oh and in truck cargo as well. Had a trumpet on my guy and some .22 ammo lol. Anyway found a pristine AUG within probably 30 min, and several 30 and 40 round mags, also M4 mags, which I have hardly ever seen in hundreds of hours. Also found an AK74 and mags and some AK mags but still no AKM. 

So for me at least it seemed things were spawning more, but it may have just been the reset and loot fresh spawning. Gonna get on now and see what it looks like. Need tents and barrels for the camp, can't be living like a savage, apocalypse or not!  :lol:

800 hours total (on two accounts) on Dayz and I have never once seen an M4. After the reset yesterday I found two coupled 30rd mags, and a damage M4 buttstock, and in the past have found ACOGs but never an M4. Never really cared either, since I prefer an AKM. Have the AUG I found yesterday but ugh. A Tavor would be nice. Not knocking convict technology but even during the apocalypse one must maintain certain standards! 

Can't wait to test out building a new camp site tonight on my server. Have been missing DayZ since work has been so crazy with all my project deadlines all ending on the 14th. Very glad to see non-crafted backpacks stay much longer than previously announced now. Thanks Dev's. 

• Like 1

800 hours total (on two accounts) on Dayz and I have never once seen an M4. After the reset yesterday I found two coupled 30rd mags, and a damage M4 buttstock, and in the past have found ACOGs but never an M4. Never really cared either, since I prefer an AKM. Have the AUG I found yesterday but ugh. A Tavor would be nice. Not knocking convict technology but even during the apocalypse one must maintain certain standards! 

AKM is a bit better than 57 now isnt it? not entirely sure.

AKM is a bit better than 57 now isnt it? not entirely sure.

Well, not for me. I had a couple of AKM's in .57 but haven't seen one yet in .58 

Some people think it's better that .mil weapons are rare. I'm not one of them though.  :blush:

Can't wait to test out building a new camp site tonight on my server. Have been missing DayZ since work has been so crazy with all my project deadlines all ending on the 14th. Very glad to see non-crafted backpacks stay much longer than previously announced now. Thanks Dev's.

How long do crafted backpacks stay persistent then?

Maybe it's a personal preference but in general the M4A1 is better than an AKM. If you really want an AK you should go for an AK101.

How long do crafted backpacks stay persistent then?

Maybe it's a personal preference but in general the M4A1 is better than an AKM. If you really want an AK you should go for an AK101.

They stay for 1 hour probably, or 30 minutes. Not worth bothering.

As for the AKs, depends really. The AKM was absolutely dominating pre recoil nerf. As of 58 I am not sure, didnt get to test it much.

What do you mean by this?

Well technically it's Austrian technology but the Aussies use them so much that whenever I see one I automatically think "throw another shrimp on the barbie." 

Well technically it's Austrian technology but the Aussies use them so much that whenever I see one I automatically think "throw another shrimp on the barbie." 

Don't go pissing off two countries now!   ;)

• Like 1

They stay for 1 hour probably, or 30 minutes. Not worth bothering.

As for the AKs, depends really. The AKM was absolutely dominating pre recoil nerf. As of 58 I am not sure, didnt get to test it much.

I strongly disagree, the AK-101 has more accuracy compared to the AKM. The AKM would be dominant damage wise but the accuracy prise goes to the AK-101. It's also much lighter than an AKM.

As I said, it could be pure personal preference. I rather have better accuracy than damage because handling the recoil on an AKM was in my opinion ridiculous.

I strongly disagree, the AK-101 has more accuracy compared to the AKM. The AKM would be dominant damage wise but the accuracy prise goes to the AK-101. It's also much lighter than an AKM.

As I said, it could be pure personal preference. I rather have better accuracy than damage because handling the recoil on an AKM was in my opinion ridiculous.

Yes, personal preference. Have several AK's back in the states, AR's as well but for some reason I prefer my AK's just a little more. No arguing that an M4/AR has better accuracy potential than an AK, but damage wise if SHTF I would prefer to have a 7.62x39 AK, rather than a 5.56 (M4 or AK). AK sights are horrendous but with an Aimpoint I'm pretty happy. 

• Like 1

I took a little break to actually get to shoot some things playing ARMA2 with the kids, been trying to follow what happened with EXP and the hotfix but I'm a little lost.

Were backpacks the problem?

I don't PVP so I think I'm going to stay in Takistan until .59 EXP gives me something to do but would still like to stay in the loop.

I took a little break to actually get to shoot some things playing ARMA2 with the kids, been trying to follow what happened with EXP and the hotfix but I'm a little lost.

I don't PVP so I think I'm going to stay in Takistan until .59 EXP gives me something to do but would still like to stay in the loop.

What you mean? The lack of cleanup was the problem I guess, fireplaces, backpacks, medkits, all sorts of shitty guns never got cleaned up.

Now you can comfortably make a camp with barrels and tents - and ammo boxes.

edit: I am going thru that fucking Hypothermia bug again.. my character got the shakes, wont go away.. been sitting next to 2 campfires for 20 minutes now, "rapidly warming up", still shaking like mad. :(

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Man, it should be an heaven for a guy like you. Build your own camp and hobo in the woods all day long.

I even killed an herd of deer a while ago in the middle of nowhere. Think I'm going to BBQ them tommorow. :lol:

What you mean? The lack of cleanup was the problem I guess, fireplaces, backpacks, medkits, all sorts of shitty guns never got cleaned up.

edit: I am going thru that fucking Hypothermia bug again.. my character got the shakes, wont go away.. been sitting next to 2 campfires for 20 minutes now, "rapidly warming up", still shaking like mad. :(

It's weird, I never had the hypothermia bug, hope I never get it either. :D Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Got the exact same bug last week, I was shaking in the middle of 3 campfire and still.. died of hypothermia in between 3 campfires, go figure.

• Like 1

Did they change protector cases, too? I thought they, like ammo boxes, would stick around. :(

Yes, personal preference. Have several AK's back in the states, AR's as well but for some reason I prefer my AK's just a little more. No arguing that an M4/AR has better accuracy potential than an AK, but damage wise if SHTF I would prefer to have a 7.62x39 AK, rather than a 5.56 (M4 or AK). AK sights are horrendous but with an Aimpoint I'm pretty happy. 

Why not have the best of both worlds:  http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-obr-optimized-battle-rifle-complete-762-rifle-20-barrel

Also, Devs, pretty please?

• Like 2

That's it though, I can't comfortably make my little camps with with barrels and tents, ammo boxes maybe. Ether way I'll take a little break and come back with some drive to change my style to fit within the new "rules". 

Man, it should be an heaven for a guy like you. Build your own camp and hobo in the woods all day long.

I even killed an herd of deer a while ago in the middle of nowhere. Think I'm going to BBQ them tommorow. :lol:

It's weird, I never had the hypothermia bug, hope I never get it either. :D

So is cooked meat fixed?

Had my fun beating food poisoning and would like to be able to actually try living off fish and game without the glitched blood loss causing me to eat a weeks worth of sustenance in three hours recovering.   

Did they change protector cases, too? I thought they, like ammo boxes, would stick around. :(

I've had a protector case hanging around under a tree for over 24 hours.

• Like 1

They implemented Parkinson's. Edited by cash81
  • Like 5

Why not have the best of both worlds:  http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-obr-optimized-battle-rifle-complete-762-rifle-20-barrel

Also, Devs, pretty please?

Or just add the FN Fal :P awesome weapon imo. I would love more semi automatics in general, but no clue which ones would qualify.

My most wanted gun additions: FN Fal and AN-94 :blush:

@BCB

hey you saw this btw? https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/228691-oak-bark/?p=2306052

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2