boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

.. :D I have a really important question tho, have you made any leather sacks? And dyed them black? This is something I would really love to do, but let me guess, its not possible at the moment?

Also interesting how the "black" leatherbag is brown, just like the "black" raincoat.

I found a black raincoat and it was black, well dark greyish because it was damaged.

I found a black raincoat and it was black, well dark greyish because it was damaged.

You are saying they changed it? because last "black" raincoat I had in 57 or so was just brown with a grey-blackish tint.

Spawned in berezino, 50/50 people... ran to vybor hitting every town on the way.. looted up easily.. food.. civilian weaponry..

Berezino - FACTORY- dolina - staroye- guglovo - Novy - stary - vybor...

Saw two people along the way in two hours one in berezino and one in Novy ... not one zombie the entire time I assume they are taken out?

Seems embarrassing to still not have zombies working to a certain degree.

What a boring couple hours ... pretty disappointed after a 6 month break.

You are saying they changed it? because last "black" raincoat I had in 57 or so was just brown with a grey-blackish tint.

It looked more or less black to me, not brown. Of course now I am starting to doubt myself and can't check because I threw it away...

Spawned in berezino, 50/50 people... ran to vybor hitting every town on the way.. looted up easily.. food.. civilian weaponry..

Berezino - FACTORY- dolina - staroye- guglovo - Novy - stary - vybor...

Saw two people along the way in two hours one in berezino and one in Novy ... not one zombie the entire time I assume they are taken out?

Seems embarrassing to still not have zombies working to a certain degree.

What a boring couple hours ... pretty disappointed after a 6 month break.

I am pretty happy the Z's are out for the moment if it increases performance. The zombies were boring anyway and dealing with them repetitive.  I kinda like being able to loot and try stuff out without being harassed by the undead. I'm enjoying it for now because undoubtedly they will be back, maybe with a vengeance.

I'm agree mate.

The game at the moment is too easy. If you can find in Berezino (where most of the people go) all those things on an already looted city something is wrong. In my opinion people think they are playing CoD with zombies. This is not the case.

For 2 reasons :

1) there are not zombies atm (sarcasm)

2) this game is about survival. Survival means that you should struggle to find even a pistol and you should make every ammo count.

Instead people get angry if they don't found an M4 fully kitted in Elektro and this is driving me crazy.

By now I can assure you that many players, here in the forum and elsewhere, feel the same way - many would like more of a challenge, especially when it comes to weapons. I'm also for strengthening the melee element, maybe also in terms of improvised weapons.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

.. :D I have a really important question tho, have you made any leather sacks? And dyed them black? This is something I would really love to do, but let me guess, its not possible at the moment?

Also interesting how the "black" leatherbag is brown, just like the "black" raincoat.

Made a leather sack early on before dying was working at all then had a bunch of garbage luck getting kosed with half the supplies to try most things with leather until close to the end when you could no longer tan leather at all. Looking forward to trying it on stable but I'm planning on trying to live as long as possible on a semi populated server so the progress on that will be slow.

The black rain coat is like the blue/gold dress thing from the internet, It looks black with brown highlights on my desktop, and the kids laptop plugged into an led TV but looks more grey on the older lcd TV and laptop screens themselves. It varies fro display to display. 

The black rain coat is like the blue/gold dress thing from the internet, It looks black with brown highlights on my desktop, and the kids laptop plugged into an led TV but looks more grey on the older lcd TV and laptop screens themselves. It varies fro display to display. 

You saying I have an old display?????

Well mister....you are right.

• Like 1

Made a leather sack early on before dying was working at all then had a bunch of garbage luck getting kosed with half the supplies to try most things with leather until close to the end when you could no longer tan leather at all. Looking forward to trying it on stable but I'm planning on trying to live as long as possible on a semi populated server so the progress on that will be slow.

Looking forward to your results, apparently you just need bark, barrel and the backpack to make it black (aka brown).

It varies fro display to display.

It actually doesnt.

The thing is, while on the ground or in your inventory it looks black with a small tint of grey, but when being worn, it is most definitely and quite distinctively just pure brown. Two screens for clarification.

http://prntscr.com/89xpkp

http://prntscr.com/89xq03

The raincoat looks straight brown on my display especially if I'm wearing black cargo pants or a black hicap with it.

Looking forward to your results, apparently you just need bark, barrel and the backpack to make it black (aka brown).

It actually doesnt.

The thing is, while on the ground or in your inventory it looks black with a small tint of grey, but when being worn, it is most definitely and quite distinctively just pure brown. Two screens for clarification.

http://prntscr.com/89xpkp

http://prntscr.com/89xq03

The raincoat looks straight brown on my display especially if I'm wearing black cargo pants or a black hicap with it.

So just like the blue/gold dress then?

Looks grey/black on my older lcd/led backlit displays and more brown/black on the true led displays to me.

Is it time to let facebook be the judge?

• Like 2

Hi does anyone know if heli crashes are random now? And also why do servers always rain every 5 mins

Heli crashes are random and respawn dynamically every four hours or so.

If you dont like the weather simply change servers to one which you do.

Regards,

TT

• Like 1

Played for the first time in about three weeks or so. First experience with 0.58 was definitely a whimper and not a bang.

It was late when I got on, around 3 in the morning. Of my Favorites in servers, the top one had 15/50 players, so I joined that one.

Spawned in Berezino at night, raining. After about forty minutes I had barely found anything. All doors were open. I gave no shits about my character and I had the whole town to myself. I lucked out and found a police jacket in the Station, and a Hunting Backpack in a shed. No ammo for my pistol and double barrelled shotgun. I went about half an hour without any sort of clothing to my name, apart from tracksuit pants that are worse than the default jeans. A couple hats. Literally a couple.

There was enough food to keep me going, enough matches, but...in terms of usable items like clothing or such...the whole town was practically barren. I was just playing Empty House Simulator 2015.

Maybe it was just the server, maybe it's this build, but has anybody else had this experience?

Ya. You were lucky to find a good pack there. After you have some food and maybe a jacket, or in your case the backpack, head inland. More loot to be had there. Coastal towns should just be for grabbing the energy and hydration to start moving.

Yeah, had a barrel, logged back in and it didn't stick. Thankfully, nothing in it.

So just like the blue/gold dress then?

Looks grey/black on my older lcd/led backlit displays and more brown/black on the true led displays to me.

Is it time to let facebook be the judge?

Older lcd displays typically have shitty color saturation so it only makes sense. But with normal color saturation it would appear brown.

One more bad quality screen to settle this issue. http://prntscr.com/89ycsk

Edited by jayfkay

Anybody else having issues with multiple barrels and lag/delays? I have 3 barrels within 15 feet of each other as well as a truck and when I am trying to sort through items in my barrel's or my truck but I get a serious delay (20 - 4- seconds) before the action/animation occurs. Have recorded gameplay of it and will submit a feedback tracker but wanted to see if anybody else has seen/experienced this? 

Person on our TS mentioned if they're too close to each other this happens? Can anybody else confirm? I'm right now in the process of trying to move the items  to test this but its ridiculous how long it takes for the game to respond.

EDIT: I was able to empty one barrel that didn't have too much in it, picked it up and ran away from my other barrels. I don't have a range finder but indeed being further away from the other barrels seemed to fix the issue of the delay/lag of performing an action.  I was able to set that barrel down, open/close the lid as soon as I clicked, and place and remove items from the barrel. 

Edited by The Riddler

I recall 2 mountain backpacks full off stuff on the ground and a couple of guns and I could barely interact with stuff (20s+ delay like you) plus would get session lost.

Has been mentioned and confirmed a couple of times already that bigger camps lag you out. Its even mentioned in the changelog.

But 2 mountain backpacks isnt really a big camp :D

Edited by jayfkay

A few questions without reading through 18 pages of comments...
-Is persistence optional?  The server I'm playing on (Vilayer) does not seem to be persistent.

- For persistence, does an item have to be in a bag, or tent, etc?  Or can I leave it on the ground near my respawn point?  And if so, for how long?

-Do all trucks spawn empty?  About 6 hours total game play on this release, I've found 4 vehicles, all empty.  Not a single gas canister anywhere.  

-Are backpacks now a luxury item?  3 hours in, and miles from the coast before I found a backpack...

-Any chance of getting Zombies on this release, or are they out until .59?

P.S. yes, I know they're not zombies.

Edited by radar1029

-Is persistence optional?  The server I'm playing on (Vilayer) does not seem to be persistent.

- For persistence, does an item have to be in a bag, or tent, etc?  Or can I leave it on the ground near my respawn point?  And if so, for how long?

-Do all trucks spawn empty?  About 6 hours total game play on this release, I've found 4 vehicles, all empty.  Not a single gas canister anywhere.  

-Are backpacks now a luxury item?  3 hours in, and miles from the coast before I found a backpack...

1. Honestly no sure if persistence is optional. All the servers I play on have it.

2. Item can be left on the ground and it will be there until someone picks it up as far as I know.

3. All trucks spawn empty. And the jerry cans (gas canisters) do spawn. They are just rare.

4. Backpacks aren't a luxury item. Its just that other people got to them before you. Try crafting an improvised backpack till you can find a better one.

5. Z's will hopefully be back in .59 :)

Right... I mean.. Yeah. Yeah it's pretty bleak.

It's a game that simulates the apocalypse, bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Found a shotgun, a pistol, a jacket, one of the best backpacks, and enough food to live on... in a looted city. With 12 hour restarts. They'll tune the numbers, but they're also adding zombies so just wait it out if the current harshness of the environment seems unrewarding.

Don't be asinine. 

An zombie apocalypse won't make all the trousers and jackets magically evaporate. And I clearly posted that I had no trouble finding food or survival stuff. But when you're in a server with only fifteen people and most of the buildings you come across are completely empty, that's frankly just ridiculous. Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't mean that everyday commonplace items that are usable should just be gone nor does it mean that if I have an entire town to myself I should be bored because there's nothing to interact with or use or manage. 

And I won't even get into the gameplay issues that will arise if people still have throwaway attitudes for their characters after they play with him for forty minutes because they've found nothing worth giving their player any value. 

I seriously don't understand why people still think that just because DayZ takes place in a zombie apocalypse that for some magical reason all the usable items in an entire series of towns and cities would just magically vanish into thin air and all residential houses are devoid of anything useful or at least interactive. 

If anything, I was experiencing the exact opposite of how loot spawning should probably be. I was finding food all over the place and drinks, too...but no common household items or clothing. It was easy to survive and keep my character alive, but for what purpose? To run around without finding hardly anything else to give that player value?

• Like 1

1. As far as I'm aware, persistence is no longer optional.

2. Items left on the ground despawn after a time (30-45 minutes, I think.)

3. All trucks spawn without a truck battery and glow (spark) plug - you need both. They spawn with fuel, enough to last a bit.

4. Many things are a luxury item now with the CLE in place. As with most things DayZ, it depends on luck. Some find items right away, others don't. I want a pen, for instance and in 10 hours of playing, haven't seen a single one... nor a single 9v battery. Others have found these easily. Nature of the beast. They will be tweaking things, but don't expect it to be easy... if it is, you got lucky.

• Like 1

I recall 2 mountain backpacks full off stuff on the ground and a couple of guns and I could barely interact with stuff (20s+ delay like you) plus would get session lost.

Has been mentioned and confirmed a couple of times already that bigger camps lag you out. Its even mentioned in the changelog.

But 2 mountain backpacks isnt really a big camp :D

thanks. I knew about the "larger" camps but like you I didn't think a couple of barrels would do this? 

Tactical vests seem to be very scarce. I find plenty of press vests, plate carriers and anti-stab vests but in a few hors of play and visiting military sites I didn't see a single one.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a tac vest either. I did find a smersh combo :) , though, so I haven't exactly been looking for one.

-There's another thread about persistence and one owner says he has the option to restart and wipe persistence at will. The private one I picked it's working fine though.

-Dropped stuff seems to hang around even if discarded a 2% roll of tape I threw away Wednesday is still there, will be curious to see tomorrow if it falls into the 3 day rule like bags are supposed to, other containers are supposed to be 45 days.

-Truck in exp had some gas 45 mins to an hour worth not sure how full that is because the gas gauge is broken.

-Bags do seem rarer but burlap is common, take your knife turn any clothes you aren't going to wear into rags, combine 2 stacks of rags you get rope make a bag.

-There are some infected, just not many at all and I believe they stay dead until at leas a reset if that even respawns them.

Fireplaces are persistent through multiple restarts and do work as invisible storage.

You can move a full unlit fireplace into your hands or bag giving you 15 or more (including fire material) slots in the space of 9 in your bag or in your hands or both.

• Like 3

-snip- all residential houses are devoid of anything useful or at least interactive. 

-snip-

Just on this subject I would like to add that we had fireplaces in houses implemented recently and recent talk of fridges in houses being containers as well.

I'm hoping there is a chance for some working residential gas containers on houses being enabled, connected to stoves, maybe including a "light pilot" option if you have matches in hand.

You could then have yourself an Iron Chef Battle, Secret ingredient: Soylent Green.

Is people!!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5