boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Btw BCB, have you as a hunter come across any boars yet? I am willing to trade you almost anything you want for just one boar pelt.

I saw one in early .58 exp killed it, made the bag, wipe, been chasing my white whale since.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

Yesterday I found 1 pen and 2 9v so they are there.

How rare are barrels?

Found 2 today. So I am not sure exactly how rare they are.

Tire repair kit.

Oh, and has anyone seen pens? In several hours of playing, I haven't seen a single pen. And, I actually want one. Also, haven't seen any 9v batteries, for that matter.

I found a 9v battery in a house by the table, passed up 2 damaged glow plugs and a truck battery, now hopitto find a weapon flash light

I agree, the wording is not important.  The most important thing is your level of understanding what you agreed to, twice, before playing the game.

On a side note, it is that you are disappointed about having to play at night that makes me find your complaint ridiculous.  Can you say easy mode?

Your welcome in advance, as I have kept the ridicule to an absolute minimum.

Easy mode? We were talking about something else.

You are right... Anyway, when the new render will be ready I just can't wait to see it in the dark :) LOL

I find ridiculous all tweets about when will hit 0.58 stable, and the answers in 2 hours, 4 hours, no in 6 hours (I totally understand the work needed), but when it is finally ready we have to choose unofficial server (with persistence wipe every 24h eventually) or wait until morning... wtf? No, this is ridiculous because I have to be able to choose day/night or if I don't have the option then time acceleration should have been selected by default.

Hello, 

Can someone here say me if the restart time change ? is it still 4h or 12h now ? thanks you

I haven't found glow plug in all 0.58, since first day of experimental.

Question: is anyone setting up camps on other parts of map that are not north?

Some already said they made camps in more or less the middle of the map in the forests.

Is it a known bug you can't chop firewood with a hatchet, even though it gives you the option?

Is it a known bug you can't chop firewood with a hatchet, even though it gives you the option?

it´s since first .58 hits experimental, i reported it but is not fixed since my report.

lost one barrel on an 1person multiplay server (could be stolen)

2 barrels are at their place after restart on an villager server 3person.

• Like 1

erm 

countless UMP's, 2 Aug's and an AK101 and ammo for the server.

ufADtUi.jpg

Do you by any chance have the server name/ip from where you ran into this? Also, was it at NWAF?

Played for the first time in about three weeks or so. First experience with 0.58 was definitely a whimper and not a bang. 

It was late when I got on, around 3 in the morning. Of my Favorites in servers, the top one had 15/50 players, so I joined that one.

Spawned in Berezino at night, raining. After about forty minutes I had barely found anything. All doors were open. I gave no shits about my character and I had the whole town to myself. I lucked out and found a police jacket in the Station, and a Hunting Backpack in a shed. No ammo for my pistol and double barrelled shotgun. I went about half an hour without any sort of clothing to my name, apart from tracksuit pants that are worse than the default jeans. A couple hats. Literally a couple. 

There was enough food to keep me going, enough matches, but...in terms of usable items like clothing or such...the whole town was practically barren. I was just playing Empty House Simulator 2015.

Maybe it was just the server, maybe it's this build, but has anybody else had this experience? 

Hicks says that there will be a random element to the CLE, so that there will always be a small chance of finding a M4 in a barn in Kamywobo, but for the most part, 99.9% of the hard core, military gear will be in the far West and the NW quadrant.

Didn't know that, but it would make sense - higher concentration of mil gear at mil points, civ gear at civ points - but the odd chance to find mil gear in a barn and civ gear in a barrack should remain.

@m4fkay: I wasn't really referring to t not being a hotspot - I primarily meant the amount of loot in general. Why should there be less baked beans in Elektro than in Vybor for instance?

Do you by any chance have the server name/ip from where you ran into this? Also, was it at NWAF?

This is reproducable on pretty much every server. Easier when the server was freshly wiped.

@noctoras (cant seem to bring your quote into this post)

Because the developers want it that way and because thats how it is when people scavenged the whole city before you. Move inlands and you're good, there we go.

Edited by jayfkay

I think this is an older pic from experimental on reddit. He mebbe trolling

Edited by robophant

Tactical vests seem to be very scarce. I find plenty of press vests, plate carriers and anti-stab vests but in a few hors of play and visiting military sites I didn't see a single one.

• Like 1

Tactical vests seem to be very scarce. I find plenty of press vests, plate carriers and anti-stab vests but in a few hors of play and visiting military sites I didn't see a single one.

I have a black high cap. Found at Zelen long barracks. I checked stary tents, veresnik and pavlovo and didn't see any others. I only saw one press vest but I wasn't really searching too hard. 

• Like 1

This is reproducable on pretty much every server. Easier when the server was freshly wiped.

@noctoras (cant seem to bring your quote into this post)

Because the developers want it that way and because thats how it is when people scavenged the whole city before you. Move inlands and you're good, there we go.

I think this is an older pic from experimental on reddit. He mebbe trolling

Thanks for the input guys! We'll investigate just to be sure what the deal is here.

• Like 5

I have a black high cap. Found at Zelen long barracks. I checked stary tents, veresnik and pavlovo and didn't see any others. I only saw one press vest but I wasn't really searching too hard. 

Finally found one too :)

PXnlUWG.jpg

I set up "starter" barrels - I like to have them with a good vest (hicap or plate+), pistol and mag, medkit, matches, burlap, rope, food, boots+knife, and maybe some spare .308 or Mosin ammo.  I put these in the S and E.  Right now, I have 3 barrels in place, but not full yet (can't find a damn glowplug, so I'm stuck hoofing it - which makes for slow going).

Out of curiosity would gyazo work to take screes to upload here or is there a better method?

Played for the first time in about three weeks or so. First experience with 0.58 was definitely a whimper and not a bang. 

It was late when I got on, around 3 in the morning. Of my Favorites in servers, the top one had 15/50 players, so I joined that one.

Spawned in Berezino at night, raining. After about forty minutes I had barely found anything. All doors were open. I gave no shits about my character and I had the whole town to myself. I lucked out and found a police jacket in the Station, and a Hunting Backpack in a shed. No ammo for my pistol and double barrelled shotgun. I went about half an hour without any sort of clothing to my name, apart from tracksuit pants that are worse than the default jeans. A couple hats. Literally a couple. 

There was enough food to keep me going, enough matches, but...in terms of usable items like clothing or such...the whole town was practically barren. I was just playing Empty House Simulator 2015.

Maybe it was just the server, maybe it's this build, but has anybody else had this experience? 

Right... I mean.. Yeah. Yeah it's pretty bleak.

It's a game that simulates the apocalypse, bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Found a shotgun, a pistol, a jacket, one of the best backpacks, and enough food to live on... in a looted city. With 12 hour restarts. They'll tune the numbers, but they're also adding zombies so just wait it out if the current harshness of the environment seems unrewarding.

Edited by MotleyKoop
  • Like 4

Right... I mean.. Yeah. Yeah it's pretty bleak.

It's a game that simulates the apocalypse, bwaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Found a shotgun, a pistol, a jacket, one of the best backpacks, and enough food to live on... in a looted city. With 12 hour restarts. They'll tune the numbers, but they're also adding zombies so just wait it out if the current harshness of the environment seems unrewarding.

I'm agree mate.

The game at the moment is too easy. If you can find in Berezino (where most of the people go) all those things on an already looted city something is wrong. In my opinion people think they are playing CoD with zombies. This is not the case.

For 2 reasons :

1) there are not zombies atm (sarcasm)

2) this game is about survival. Survival means that you should struggle to find even a pistol and you should make every ammo count.

Instead people get angry if they don't found an M4 fully kitted in Elektro and this is driving me crazy.

I hope the direction the devs will give you to this game will be a stronger PvE experience using self made weapons like a bow.

It would be enough to reduce all the military weapons spawn around the map.

My 2 cents

Edited by tmbt
  • Like 1

Hi does anyone know if heli crashes are random now? And also why do servers always rain every 5 mins

I saw one in early .58 exp killed it, made the bag, wipe, been chasing my white whale since.

.. :D I have a really important question tho, have you made any leather sacks? And dyed them black? This is something I would really love to do, but let me guess, its not possible at the moment?

Also interesting how the "black" leatherbag is brown, just like the "black" raincoat.

Edited by jayfkay