boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Just curious, who's hosting it?

edit: "it" being the server that you lost your camp

Not sure. The GSP isn't listed in the name. I'd like to play, but I don't want to play the guessing game with regard to whether or not stuff is going to stick around.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Not sure. The GSP isn't listed in the name. I'd like to play, but I don't want to play the guessing game with regard to whether or not stuff is going to stick around.

I know the feeling,  I stuffed my character with our best stash loot before logging off, even held the car tent in my hands  :(

It seems you havent been here for a while Paulie, the prisons of Balota and the normal barracks in Pavlovo dont spawn anything worthwhile anymore since approximately 3-4 months.

Well, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They should just remove them off of the map or fix it, the game is really trying to force long ass runs to NWAF now, isn't it?

Is weather broken? On our server, it rains nearly constantly with only a few seconds in between downpours. As soon as you set foot from under cover, you're 'Wet' and after a few seconds, 'Drenched'. Tried to take off and 'Wring Out Clothes' but you put them back on and they turn to 'Wet' again. Even tried to put on dry clothes. Once you do however, they also turn to 'Wet'. soon after, 'Cold' ensues then 'Hypothermia' then death. After first death I restarted and got wet again as you start off outside. I died again soon after because I couldn't find a raincoat and could not get rid of the 'Wet' condition. Fires seem to have issue when lighting them in the rain...yes, I did just say that because I was desperate. At night, the fire seems to blind you also. Bug? Hot pack did not seem to make much of a difference. I had one activated on me while freezing to death inside the bottom level of a Red House.   

Edited by bishopomega
  • Like 1

Hey guyz,

Whats is the restart time now ? any 4h or 12h ??? because my server atm never restart thx for answere :)

cya in game 

Well, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They should just remove them off of the map or fix it, the game is really trying to force long ass runs to NWAF now, isn't it?

No. They disabled item spawning in those buildings until they have time to fix the glitching issues. No point in sitting in the wall in there if there are no potential items to lure players.

• Like 5

No. They disabled item spawning in those buildings until they have time to fix the glitching issues. No point in sitting in the wall in there if there are no potential items to lure players.

Then why haven't they added appropriate buildings to those bases to spawn loot?

Or is it "okay" if the glitching issues occur in the few special barrack buildings up in NWAF?

Either turn off the spawning in that one roundish green barrack too, or turn the spawning back on, or put one down in the currently broken military bases. If not, the developers are wasting a lot of people's time - How does one who doesn't browse the forum know that this shit is not worth looking through? Seems like a load of ass to me.

-snip-

I incorrectly assumed that you knew what glitching issues I was referring to. In the prison buildings, players could glitch into the walls and shoot others as they came into the building looking for loot. Since the fix cannot be deployed immediately for whatever reason, they simply stopped items from spawning there in an effort to temporarily circumvent the problem. 

Hicks explained that the items were not going to be spawning in those buildings anymore in a Status Report. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

I ran all over the map last night; I played for about 7 hours or so. I spent the last hour and a half or so of my play session hanging around the NWAF. During that time loot never cycled/respawned/despawned or anything of the sort. I thought that was kind of odd because I thought there was supposed to be a loot "cleanup" with 0.58. I ended up going to bed right before 12 AM midnight when the server I was playing on restarted. When I logged off the exact same items were on the ground at the NWAF and in several surrounding towns that were there for several hours prior to me logging off.

I hopped back on this morning at 6:30 AM and the exact same loot is still present that was here last night.

NWAF; same loot in the same locations as before. The same can be said about several surrounding cities; Novaya Petrovka, Topolniki, Vavilovo, Lopatino, Vybor, Kabanino, Stary Sobor, Novy Sobor and Grishino.. Loot in all of those towns is exactly the same as was there when I passed through last night, well over 10 hours ago.

So what's up? Is the server broken? Is 0.58 broken? Is loot simply not supposed to respawn/cycle?

Hypothermia has been deadly to me in EXP already. I would bring a raincoat whenever you can. Gorka jackets are so bright, a green raincoat is the only option imo.

Is weather broken? On our server, it rains nearly constantly with only a few seconds in between downpours. As soon as you set foot from under cover, you're 'Wet' and after a few seconds, 'Drenched'. Tried to take off and 'Wring Out Clothes' but you put them back on and they turn to 'Wet' again. Even tried to put on dry clothes. Once you do however, they also turn to 'Wet'. soon after, 'Cold' ensues then 'Hypothermia' then death. After first death I restarted and got wet again as you start off outside. I died again soon after because I couldn't find a raincoat and could not get rid of the 'Wet' condition. Fires seem to have issue when lighting them in the rain...yes, I did just say that because I was desperate. At night, the fire seems to blind you also. Bug? Hot pack did not seem to make much of a difference. I had one activated on me while freezing to death inside the bottom level of a Red House.   

-snip-

Hicks explained that the items were not going to be spawning in those buildings anymore in a Status Report. 

Imagine people actually followed the status reports?

They would actually be informed!

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Is the day/night cycle forced for every server?  I only got to play for about 30 minutes, and the sun was low in the west.  It didn't get dark and I was sure it would.  I hope 24/7 day is disabled for public servers for good.  Accelerated day/night is what I have been hoping for.

Edited by =ST=Achilles

Zombies are definitely there this morning, I killed three in NOVO. (I have a picture if people want) 

Both my full hidden barrels in the woods are missing tho and were there last night so I agree persistence does not work. It's unlikely all of us on here had all our barrels found. 

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm confused. I don't see the new default canvas pants options in the character screen or any of the new items in the changelog, like the helmet and mask. Am I missing something? 

Z stands for zero not zombie.

It sure would be nice if people got there facts straight before they posted here.

There is a lot of misinformation and ignorance in this thread....

Regardless of what it stands for this update shows ppl how boring this game can be without the inclusion of zombies. So yeah Day ZERO as you like to call it is pretty fucking boring at the moment. Hopefully the developers can get the issues fixed with the infected because the lack of has me really worried especially if they cant pull off huge numbers like what was originally planned.

And ppl don't give a shit about the lore of the titles name its like every jackass that tries to correct ppls terminology about the difference between clips and magazines for guns. Personally I could give two shits about the correct terminology lol.

Edited by Deathlove

On the servers we play (private/whitelist only),everything is fine.
CLE is working as intended, persistence as well.
Rifles are rare, therefore more gunfights...  no lootplosions encountered.
Now, only more AI is missing.
Best Day so far.

Edited by dawud
  • Like 3

If anyone has had their camps or persistent stuff disappear, please up vote this: http://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27341

I'm sure this was a problem when 0.58 first hit exp.??? I can remember everyone complaining and hicks denying anything was wrong. Then no one mentioned it until stable. Maybe people on exp got better at hiding their camps after a while?? 

I'm sure this was a problem when 0.58 first hit exp.??? I can remember everyone complaining and hicks denying anything was wrong. Then no one mentioned it until stable. Maybe people on exp got better at hiding their camps after a while?? 

ColdAtrophy is an "old" exp. player, he knows what he says.

my barrels are in place but it was no restart since i placed them.

will take an look tomorrow

• Like 3

I ran all over the map last night; I played for about 7 hours or so. I spent the last hour and a half or so of my play session hanging around the NWAF. During that time loot never cycled/respawned/despawned or anything of the sort. I thought that was kind of odd because I thought there was supposed to be a loot "cleanup" with 0.58. I ended up going to bed right before 12 AM midnight when the server I was playing on restarted. When I logged off the exact same items were on the ground at the NWAF and in several surrounding towns that were there for several hours prior to me logging off.

I hopped back on this morning at 6:30 AM and the exact same loot is still present that was here last night.

NWAF; same loot in the same locations as before. The same can be said about several surrounding cities; Novaya Petrovka, Topolniki, Vavilovo, Lopatino, Vybor, Kabanino, Stary Sobor, Novy Sobor and Grishino.. Loot in all of those towns is exactly the same as was there when I passed through last night, well over 10 hours ago.

So what's up? Is the server broken? Is 0.58 broken? Is loot simply not supposed to respawn/cycle?

I think you have to take the loot and after that something else spwaned anywhere else on the server.

Otherwise its not possible that something new spawned.

If im wrong maybe someone could correct me and could tell us how it works thanks.

Regardless of what it stands for this update shows ppl how boring this game can be without the inclusion of zombies. So yeah Day ZERO as you like to call it is pretty fucking boring at the moment. Hopefully the developers can get the issues fixed with the infected because the lack of has me really worried especially if they cant pull off huge numbers like what was originally planned.

And ppl don't give a shit about the lore of the titles name its like every jackass that tries to correct ppls terminology about the difference between clips and magazines for guns. Personally I could give two shits about the correct terminology lol.

Try to pay attention to the language we’ve all agreed on. - George Carlin

I didn't want to start an argument about lore but merely wanted to make a point regarding the details, which are very important to ME.

Try to pay attention to the language we’ve all agreed on. - George Carlin

I like being understood, don't you?

nope, I'm not a fan of the loot zones (1,2,3,4) for this very reason. It's a big PvP promoter at NWAF and sort of eliminates the sandbox. Havent's come to play the stable yet due to a bad internet connection here, though, so I'll have to see myself the upcoming days.

The NWAF should be notorious, it should be a challenge, not walk in like it is now. Can't wait for regions, will make the game much more interesting.

• Like 1

Strange because this game hasn't been released yet.

OK. When a new build is released to public idiot. "RELEASE" expresion was used even by Dev team on twitter...

OK. When a new build is released to public idiot. "RELEASE" expresion was used even by Dev team on twitter...

you have got an roadflare as freshspawn, light it up and BOOM colours all around you.

if you gamma cheat, so, learn to live without colours at night.

easy eyh?

• Like 1

nope, I'm not a fan of the loot zones (1,2,3,4) for this very reason. It's a big PvP promoter at NWAF and sort of eliminates the sandbox. Havent's come to play the stable yet due to a bad internet connection here, though, so I'll have to see myself the upcoming days.

First of all I dont see why PVP at the NWAF is a bad thing anyway, you want to have free military loot without any danger or what? Or do you prefer coastal deathmatch? Where else if not at contested high end gear spawnpoints should PvP happen according to you? Secondly how on earth does this "eliminate" the sandbox (what sandbox would that be anyway?)? The game just now started going more towards sandbox direction with this patch. You dont make any sense whatsoever.

The NWAF should be notorious, it should be a challenge, not walk in like it is now. Can't wait for regions, will make the game much more interesting.

Dont play on empty servers and its not a "walk in", simple. Also, what do you mean by "regions" and how would any kind of region affect the NWAF being dangerous or not?

On a side note:

A barrel actually disappeared in front of me and my mates eyes as the server restarted, so yeah, it seems barrels dont live thru restarts - at least not on the server we played on. I am willing to bet it'll vary between providers untill all of them are gonna be on the same page regarding hotfixes etc.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1