Sign in to follow this  
poodude28 (DayZ)

Better infected animations and 'scary' infected sounds

One thing that I'm hoping for is animations and sounds that will make me fear the infected in DayZ,  I rewatched dawn of the dead (2004) last night and it really made me think how awesome the zombies really could be, I'm sure it's on the devs list for updates, I just think it'll make the zombies feel so much more awesome.

I think in alot of cases of zombies in games and movies, the people who create them think they need to sound like monsters when infact I think a better impact for immersion would be if they just sound like regular people in pain and screaming rather than the traditional monster growl which we are all so use too...

If you havent seen this video prepare to shit your dacks because if dayz went in this direction for sound design it would be pretty amazing

• Like 4

I have always wanted the zombies a bit more scary also, ...like maybe a half zed crawling from under a bed, or a closet,...that "sometimes" one leaps out at you,...it would be frightening to open this closet, .. .. wether it was "occupied" this time or not.

-snip-

Oh GOD YES!

I find "human" screaming and crying infinitely more frightening than some animalistic grunts and snarls. If you shot an "infected" in the stomach, it should scream and cry like a person, not some coked-up animal.

Oh GOD YES!

I find "human" screaming and crying infinitely more frightening than some animalistic grunts and snarls. If you shot an "infected" in the stomach, it should scream and cry like a person, not some coked-up animal.

It would be pretty awesome

Oh GOD YES!

Hell yes, film makers and the like have been getting it a bit wrong for a while now I think.. The video i posted is over a year old now but it really is a awesome glimpse into what dayz can become... imagine if the video was already what the game was like with the sound design.. even with so many little things to do in the game atm, the sounds (provided it isnt just ambiance) at night time would fuck with you hardcore  :D 

Edited by liquidcactus