Sign in to follow this  
S3V3N

This is how you free a truck

Hey! I was driving around and noticed someone had managed to get their truck stuck on a fence. It was repaired and had sparkplugs + battery, so I decided to free it and take it for myself; It's hard to see, but the one I was driving is blue and the one stuck is green; I had to increase gamma to actually see what I was doing. Basically, I turned it around and pushed it off the fence. If you need to do this, go very slow and push from different angles. Eventually, you'll get the truck into some balance on the fence, so you can turn it around and even shove it off the fence from below. 

This truck is situated on US, East 0-1, south of the village of Shakhovka. It is ready to drive, as I left battery and sparkplugs in. If you claim it, pls post a pic (or message) in the thread, so others don't have to bother going there. 

2015-08-15_00004_zpsl5q3cvu2.jpg

2015-08-15_00003_zpstqatj9kr.jpg

2015-08-15_00002_zpsrbre40y2.jpg

2015-08-15_00006_zpsf5oxrxmh.jpg

2015-08-15_00007_zpsgwgajt4f.jpg

2015-08-15_00010_zpsjnyjx56t.jpg

i wish we could add a wench for stuff like this find a solid object tie it up sit in truck and watch it get unstuck. hell i would be happy with a come-along.

• Like 1

Good job mate! I recall crashing one near Novy and having to get my friend on the other side of the map to come tip it back over.

• Like 1

i wish we could add a wench for stuff like this find a solid object tie it up sit in truck and watch it get unstuck. hell i would be happy with a come-along.

Yeah, it's been asked many times. It's ridiculous you need a truck to free another truck, but at least it works. I remember, in Arma II OA when I flipped a quad the only way to get it back up was also to patiently drive it forward + back, until you finally hit something the thing could lift itself up on. It could take 15 minutes of that shit to get going again. Other games simply have a "flip vehicle" option, I actually thought ARMA had it too, but I remember sitting and turning it manually; so I guess, no. 

Trucks should simply not be able to glitch onto those things, but changing the collision mesh (it is invisible) to be taller would probably also prevent the players from jumping over fences. The only thing I can really think of to solve this is to actually make four wheel drive work on the vehicles. Because if I can get grip at the back, I'd probably be able to pull myself out of a situation like this. It wouldn't be much different from the old quad problems, but at least you could struggle and get yourself out of a ditch then. 

UPDATE >>The truck has been claimed by someone, so don't go looking for it, unless you want to be in that area anyway. thx!<<

Edited by S3V3N