Sign in to follow this  
Senodog

How many hero's out there anymore

Just asking I'm trying to set up a team of hero's only to help people out.

Did the hero thing for awhile, but its over rated. So now imacrazy hermit that shoots people that get too close to me or points a weapon at me.

• Like 6

Playing the hero is fun for me. What I'll do is if I see someone looting, I'll follow them and track them, but keep distance.

Alot of the time it will end in nothing, but if I see them engage someone else, I'll take them out. The thrill of having someone in your scope and the power to take their life, but hold off until you see the man they really are.

• Like 2

Did the hero thing for awhile, but its over rated. So now imacrazy hermit that shoots people that get too close to me or points a weapon at me.

Nary more fun can be had^

• Like 1

I've played hero more often than anything else, but it usually leads to a quicker death and gear back up session. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I meet people who don't shoot on sight...

• Like 2

Hmm, I sway both ways. On some days, I'll save your hide from some group of wannabe bandits, the next day I'm that wannabe bandit robbing you.

I hang in the 10 to 20 pop servers /shrug to me it fits the map, At any rate when a wep is pointed at you and you see open food and some drink at your feet... I don't really need to talk do I? =)

Anyway its getting lonely..

Would like to find peeps that would rather be cool as fuck as to being ......./shrug asshats... meh sorry for rant.

GridLock ..

When I go into a 50 man server I KOS, otherwise I usually keep distance and if the person talks, I will talk back and go from there

git off mi lawn 

• Like 4

not to much to do other than find trouble or cause trouble hoping the new update adds some more goals like hoarding stuff like a squirrel as well as having to do food runs etc. either way if loot is rare i'm gonna bandit but gonna do it the old fashioned way and not kill if i can. servers tend to not hunt you down so viciously when you let folks go. as of now no reason to even bandit just PVP in the usual towns oh well maybe i just need to be more creative.

I wander the northern region and take pot shots at people from usually 400-600m. That ususally gets them on theie way. Or gets them mad and they try hunt me down. But Im ghillied to the max and that shit aint gonna happen.

• Like 1

i try. but the other day i was in kamy, and made the stupid mistake of trusting a freshspawn. a chambered FNX later, and a weekend of gear went down the drain. i try until i die, then i go on a mad killing spree to get it out of my system. rinse and repeat.

I mix it up.  Many times I try to meet new people and help.  Other times I just sit around Kamy killing anyone that comes along for the hell of it. 

Heroes are just very confused bandits.

• Like 2

95% of the Bambi's you're trying to protect are Bandits who just got killed and there is nothing they like more than a friendly geared player who'll feed them up, and then turn his back long enough to get a stone or cooking pot slammed into his head and all his gear taken. If you're foolish enough to not be wearing a helmet near a fresh spawn you'll simply get punched out. If you manage to avoid the hits before long you'll have a pile of fresh spawn bodies at your feet, and then get shot by the next "Hero" that comes along for being a Bandit.

• Like 5

Depends on the situtation. If people shout friendly at me, I will be friendly towards them but will keep an eye on them. If im at military areas everyone is free game and I dont engage in conversations. If i see people with military gear in PvP hotspots like Cherno, Elektro, Vybor etc, they are free game.

Edited by anderswhk

If people shout friendly at me, I will be friendly towards them but will keep an eye on them. If im at military areas everyone is free game and I dont engage in conversations. If i see people with military gear in PvP hotspots like Cherno, Elektro, Vybor etc, they are free game.

what are you categorizing as "military gear"? green camo? an automatic weapon? because all of that you can find in cherno or elektro itself, including AK-74, green backpack, vests etc. ^^

the only guys that i so far have experienced are always hostile are ghillies and masked people (not gas masks, the payday masks)

oh, and groups most of the time, but i have met two or three friendly groups in my days that had the drop on me and did nothing  :o

Edited by Zombo

what are you categorizing as "military gear"? green camo? an automatic weapon? because all of that you can find in cherno or elektro itself, including AK-74, green backpack, vests etc. ^^

the only guys that i so far have experienced are always hostile are ghillies and masked people (not gas masks, the payday masks)

oh, and groups most of the time, but i have met two or three friendly groups in my days that had the drop on me and did nothing  :o

I only play experimental, so no loot at guard houses. If someone is fully kitted with Gorka etc and parading around Cherno with an AK, I know they arent there to chat it up. Same with people in Cherno apartments, hiding in buildings etc.

I play hero all the time and you absolutely can't stop my swag ... I'm far too diesel at first person shooters to be taken a fool by some young punk bandits !! Daddy's all like watching the situation and shit and when he sees an opportunity of a fight or a confrontation I run in with my gun up and get everyone on the floor, or at least weapons dropped ... I then move the people to the closest building and usually have one person tie up the other , I ask what the fuck they doing causing trouble 'round here and why they are fighting ... Whoever sounds more suspicious gets the judgement of the Kush (honestly though I don't kill unless I get shot at or know that the person in question is a cold blooded murderer).

I have the most fun playing hero , I have hundreds of videos of my 1,300 + hours of people trying to stop my swag but it was far too great , and I was far too hero - licious... Honestly waiting and assessing the situation is so much more fun than running and gunning all the time : if you know what you're doing you can run straight into berezino on a 50/50 and come out having saved a few people's lives and killed a few bandits with an amazing experience in between to tell about !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Hero?

Heh, you're not a hero if you don't think of other's lives before yours.

A hero won't kill a bandit, he'll do his best to keep him alive, strip all he has and leave him to the wild.

I can't wait for those days at DayZ that we'll be able to move knocked out people to places, put them in to vehicles, throw them to the middle of the ocean or close them to some cage and feed them to bears.

Base building pls?

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

Depends on the situtation. If people shout friendly at me, I will be friendly towards them but will keep an eye on them. If im at military areas everyone is free game and I dont engage in conversations. If i see people with military gear in PvP hotspots like Cherno, Elektro, Vybor etc, they are free game.

thats the second rule in dayz IMO right after not getting attached to gear.

Hero over here! Bandits must pay for being assholes!

Edited by BillNyeTheRussianSpy

I have a very clear stand in this topic. Some say it counts as being a hero and some say it doesn't.

I will help people and I will pursue those who kill for no reason. But I will never, under any circumstance risk myself when helping others. I will not put my gun down when I am encountering someone and I will insist that they put theirs. I know that trust is something mutual but I will not risk myself, if someone doesn't put his gun down or insists that I will - I will go away or shoot them (incase anything becomes hostile-ish)

I have a very clear stand in this topic. Some say it counts as being a hero and some say it doesn't.

I will help people and I will pursue those who kill for no reason. But I will never, under any circumstance risk myself when helping others. I will not put my gun down when I am encountering someone and I will insist that they put theirs. I know that trust is something mutual but I will not risk myself, if someone doesn't put his gun down or insists that I will - I will go away or shoot them (incase anything becomes hostile-ish)

I am willing to bet that most of your conversations go somewhat like this:

You: Hey, I'm gonna have to ask you to put your gun down

Them: Sure, so long as you do as well

You: Not gonna happen

Them: Then why the hell should I trust you?!

You: CAUZ IZ A HEWO

Your strategy is stupid. Trust is a two-way street, and to get a little, you have to give a little. Don't have them put their gun away, just have them lower it. Do the same. Don't meet them anywhere you have a clear advantage, or could possible get an advantage over them (overwatch, "box them in" in an alleyway or side-street, surround them with mates, etc)

Meet someone on "equal terms", and they are much more likely (not 100%) to respond favorably. Show a clear advantage, or "impress your power" (which is EXACTLY what you are doing, by refusing to out your firearm away, while DEMANDING they put theirs away), and you are 1000000% more likely to get a negative, sullen, or outright hostile response.

And, if I may ask, what exactly do you do to "help" people? Are you a medic? Are you known on the forums for so? If not , then I (until proven otherwise), highly doubt you do as you claim. Hell, I talked to a guy on the forums a couple of months ago who thought "being a hero" was leaving chemlights lit in a looted building!  :D

Point being: the criteria for "hero" is WAY higher than what many people think it is.