Sign in to follow this  
hansanitizer

Difference between standalone and mod?

Yeah but the beta will start in Q4 according to the website and they will also be adding building and stuff. I think that ill end up buying this game, maybe tomorrow, any idea if there will be a sale before Halloween or at the end of summer? Are we in Q3 of 2015 at the moment??

I really wouldn't buy miscreated , there are NO Enemies , if you kill the server owner you get kicked , the loot is literally non existent , the map is 5 times smaller than chernarus, sure it has base building and vehicles but it's honestly a fucking bore to play , i played about two hours straight and decided I never will play that crap game again...

It just literally is nothing special and aims to try and replicate every other good survival game , it looks nice but that's only in screenshots and theory . Please don't waste your money haha , and try to buy another game like the forest (actually has potential) and don't be aroused by the fact that dayz is taking awhile To make . Oh and to be fair , the developers of dayz have said MULTIPLE TIMES that the game would take 3 years to make , so no the due date was NOT PUSHED BACK . We are technically right on schedule take a month or so because persistence and CLE gave us a challenging run . So anyone who says this game is being delayed constantly , please stop spreading misinformation before I bench you and your mother , 2 sets 8 reps .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

n8hraA7.jpg

Obviously DayZ SA has a cat and a dog and DayZ mod doesn't.

The only hot contender for me would not be 7Days to die or Miscreated, but the Forest. It seems a lot more is starting to work there and the game looks much better than a few months ago. However, that being said, it has a totally different atmosphere from Dayz, and I really love the Chernarus settings and huge map. It's a lot more to explore when you are new to the game and yes, a lot of content is added every month. 

The big difference between the mod and this are the survival aspects and the crafting. The weapons are also more detailed and modular than in old Arma or the mod(s). The problem is that Dayz isn't really a "zombie game" at this point, because there are problems with the AI. So, in the end you can't do much more than roam the land and shoot or befriend other players. Which is fine, up to the point where you imagine all the great things possible IF these systems would really work well. I think a lot of the griefing on the forum comes from people, who are really concerned with the ups and downs each update brings along. Sometimes something that worked fine, seems broken in the next patch. This can be a bit frustrating on the long run, but the team is dedicated and really tries to push the boundaries with this game to bring us something new. I just wish a couple of things would work better by now. Consistency is very important to my way of gaming, and I am really missing it when it is disabled.

Best thing to do is view Dayz as the work-in-progress it is and come back every couple of weeks or so to check out what's new. That's how I handle all the Alphas I play, however none of them polarizes like Dayz and there are times I cannot understand my love/hate relationship with this development, myself.    

Edited by S3V3N

Animal companions in Q4!

• Like 1

Sofas confirmed. Never forget the Sofas.

L

• Like 1

Steam reviews? LOL Most steam reviews now-a-days are horrid. 

I know, but there are still some good ones. Just ignore all the troll reviews: "Ate a fruit, died. 10/10 Would die again."

DayZ Standalone

Cons

7. To many vehicle spawns

Even number 6 on your list is a joke too. Not all of us like to spend 2+ hours running around to get ammo for a civilian rifle. Maybe I just have terrible luck, but after an hour of scouring for a weapon and ammo, I get immensely bored and log off. Worst part is, this is for civilian firearms, not even military.

If people enjoy spending well over an hour trying to get civilian weaponry with ammo, my only thoughts are that you must be unemployed, because there are far better things I know I'd rather do with my time.

Edited by bonesnap

The difference is that the mod is still better at most things the standalone was supposed to fix.

If people enjoy spending well over an hour trying to get civilian weaponry with ammo, my only thoughts are that you must be unemployed, because there are far better things I know I'd rather do with my time.

Because shooting things is the only thing that could possibly be fun ever...

Everyone always forgets to mention the zombies in the mod WALK in every building no matter what.  Huge conga line of headshots for you to safely escape any zombies any time.

Although zombies are no where near polished or working as intended in the SA they are far more realistic and potentially dangerous.

• Like 1

The mod actually works...

Has been a few years since I played it so Id hope by now everything "works".

However when I did play......

You could break your legs opening a door.

You could break your legs, even die getting out of a vehicle.

You could die changing seats in a heli.

Your items would dissapear into thin air if you didnt master the "oh so awful" arma2 inventory system.  (Always add to the bag never take out of?  I think that was the trick)

Driving many vehicles was an absolute nightmare,  AKA driving an ATV anywhere could get you insta killed if you went over the wrong bump, it also drove worse than the bicycle through ALL TERRAIN areas, and lots of times objects and blockades didnt render properly and would appear at the last second causing a crash and\or death.

Zombie pathing, and auto walking inside was easily exploitable, they just could not enter ceratin areas at all (chopper spawn at devils castle for ex)... I actually just think this had to do with the vehicles themselves not the area, but even if zombies were working as they intended it was still "broke" imo....

Im sure there was alot more as well when I use to play it but it has been too long.

Mod definitely had \ has its issues.  Saying it "actually works" when comparing to the SA is a pretty misleading statement.

Not all of us like to spend 2+ hours running around to get ammo for a civilian rifle. Maybe I just have terrible luck, but after an hour of scouring for a weapon and ammo, I get immensely bored and log off. Worst part is, this is for civilian firearms, not even military.

I am confused. Maybe I was just lucky? I only started the game again 2 days ago with the character wipe and all. Spawned near Berezino and went to Polana, Gorka and then south. Played another hour today and ended up in Tulga. In Berezino was a shotgun, mosin, crossbow and a repeater. I just went through, didn't go in many houses. I found ammo for mosin and shotgun too. Only 7 for mosin and a pack of buckshot (x10) for the shotgun. But I found more later.

Because I was double carrying, I lost a Mp5 + 30mag (found at police car+in police station) and a sawn off Mosin. But I like my pistols better anyway. I found even more rifles, the Izh (hunting rifle) or whatever it's called was on deerstands more than once. I ended up finding a barrel and basically dumping lots of loot and one rifle in it. Today, this is what I look like. In Tulga alone was a P1, 1911 x2 and at least one Makarov (magazines are in the police cars). The hardest to find for me was a decent backpack, really. This is what I looked like today, but bear in mind that I have dumped even more stuff in that barrel:

2015-08-12_00002_zpssuohswin.jpg

Edited by S3V3N