WilliamTheConqueror

Why is the amount I can look up limited?

When I tried to look up, my view was locked at a certain point. Not straight up, but at a certain degree just above the horizontal point. Why? This wasn't there before. I couldn't raise my mouse to put the view higher, and my Track IR didn't work either. Why is this considered necessary? 

That's new(ish) as far as I recall, I have a bad neck and when standing can still look a good 5° past straight up even IRL.

• Like 3

I believe they tried to limit 3rd person but now it's really just limiting the 1st person even more. I don't know what's going on but I hope they get rid of it soon and fix the other 1st person freelook bug.

Ticket about it http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26943

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 6

They changed the max camera angle from +60° (+85° with freelook) to +32° when the new 3rd person camera was introduced. So to look directly at the top of Triple Yellow you'd have to stand 70 meters from the base, compared to the previous 25 m (4 m with freelook).  :emptycan: 

• Like 5

Yea I really don't like this either , we need it changed back .. I only roll 1PP (unless I play with friends) and it is aggravating not being able to look up into say, the novo towers windows or something similar .

• Like 1

Most annoying and certainly not representative of how we can look up (lôôks up at the ceiling) in real life :( .
Was the first thing I noticed when firing up 0.58 (not sure about 0.57 Stable).
3pp or 1pp I'll give it a  :emptycan: (asks self if lÕôking down is also affected).

• Like 4

I throw my can in too on this one.  :emptycan:

I noticed this the other day when I was trying to navigate by the stars.  Now I have to stand out in the middle of a field to find my bearings; not cool. :emptycan:

• Like 1

In real life you can see things that are 90° above you (is that mathematically correctly expressed?) and you don't have to dislocate your neck (by additionaly moving your eyes). So when you can't see what's directly above you in 1st person view.... that's... well crap.

• Like 1

In real life you can see things that are 90° above you (is that mathematically correctly expressed?) and you don't have to dislocate your neck (by additionaly moving your eyes). So when you can't see what's directly above you in 1st person view.... that's... well crap.

Well in real life you have a (roughly) 180 degree horizontal field of view, which obviously can't be represented accurately on a standard 16:9 monitor so naturally you'd expect some difference in vertical FOV too.

• Like 1

Well in real life you have a (roughly) 180 degree horizontal field of view, which obviously can't be represented accurately on a standard 16:9 monitor so naturally you'd expect some difference in vertical FOV too.

I think we were talking about the vertical camera pan restrictions, not the actual field of view.

I think we were talking about the vertical camera pan restrictions, not the actual field of view.

Hi

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Hi

Yes, hi.  I cannot look up.  The camera won't pan that hi.  Haha.

• Like 1

I play in 16:3 with roughly 180° fov and I still can't look straight up in game like I can IRL.

(asks self if lÕôking down is also affected).

I need to be able to do that to hold my peepee

We are.

I'm guessing this is temporary and will change at some point? I can't imagine standing at the base of a ladder and not being able to look directly up and shoot someone on it (let alone see them, you know, in case it's a friend).

I haven't tested it but this potentially reintroduces the issue of some locations (namely castles) being near impossible to breach.  In the mod you were able to sit on the stairs above the entrance and players entering simply could not look up at a sharp enough angle to do anything about it.  This is likely the case again.

Aiming as high as possible...  :emptycan:

LBmmRGo.jpg

• Like 2

Instead

It would be more useful for the gameplay if when you were lying down, you couldn't look down (much) - so you'd have to squat to look down

Edited by pilgrim

Most annoying and certainly not representative of how we can look up (lôôks up at the ceiling) in real life :( .

Was the first thing I noticed when firing up 0.58 (not sure about 0.57 Stable).

3pp or 1pp I'll give it a  :emptycan: (asks self if lÕôking down is also affected).

Yeah im with BB. Also I assume at some point there will be aircraft of some sort, would make shooting those very difficult.