domonos

tent persistence in .59

So I saw in the newest status report that tents were getting a refreshed lifetime if you interacted with them. Does this mean that server maintenance won't affect or delete tents anymore if you leave them?

That's the goal, but I wouldn't leave your tent down till 58, or 59.  From what I gather in .58 stable they'll have a flat lifetime of 45 days because that feature is not working quite yet, they hope to have it working before the 45 days are up and it'll be reduced to 7 days.  I'm just curious as to if the tents and their contents will start to decay after that 7 days of inactivity or if they'll just go poof right on day 7.  Or rather how exactly it's suppose to work.

So I saw in the newest status report that tents were getting a refreshed lifetime if you interacted with them. Does this mean that server maintenance won't affect or delete tents anymore if you leave them?

We had working persistence that did away with the Wednesday wipes in .54 or .55 or both. They disabled persistence altogether in .57 because the first kick at the central loot economy didn't work. When .58 and .59 come out and persistence come back the Wednesday maintenance should have no effect unless they break something trying to make the CLE work.  

• Like 2

Wish i would have known this last night, found a tent and setup shop under a bridge and when i logged back on later it was gone :(

Server storage has been separated from persistence. They now have the ability to wipe either independently of one another which did not used to be the case. Maintenance should not cause tents to be wiped anymore, but just to be safe, I would wait to hear from an official source.