SMoss

Status Report - 29 Jul 2015

Thanks, devs/all!

Like a True Survivor I spell action with a capital INFECTED.

The Hoffhas a message for you Byron Hix @ Hicks_206....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6

Alot of ppl where saying that there tents, backpacks etc had vanished but the trucks with gear in them stayed! Why'd ppl leave trucks with gear?

Perhaps they didn't have the parts required to move it?

I'm not sure what "a lot of people" is - I've not had any issue with it.

Alot of ppl where saying that there tents, backpacks etc had vanished but the trucks with gear in them stayed! Why'd ppl leave trucks with gear?

Trucks make a lot of noice... I generally pass them up unless I am in a hurry to go meet someone.

If they aren't needed they are an added risk I am not always willing to take.

Trucks make a lot of noice... I generally pass them up unless I am in a hurry to go meet someone.

If they aren't needed they are an added risk I am not always willing to take.

In short, there is only two ways for the server to get rid of a tent right now.

1) Maximum amount of tents per server met (This has never been hit, because not enough spawn to hit it)

2) Age of tent (Again - not hit yet)

Both are logged in the server logs, and I've scoured several servers checking for it. Zero pitched tents have been cleaned up on any of the exp servers I checked.

Sure, there could be a bug there somewhere - but so far we've found zero repros, or any actual data on said behavior. 

I did discover that the person who found my tent, drug all of my items out onto the ground, and packed my tent - and thus it was cleaned up. :(

• Like 2

In short, there is only two ways for the server to get rid of a tent right now.

1) Maximum amount of tents per server met (This has never been hit, because not enough spawn to hit it)

2) Age of tent (Again - not hit yet)

Both are logged in the server logs, and I've scoured several servers checking for it. Zero pitched tents have been cleaned up on any of the exp servers I checked.

Sure, there could be a bug there somewhere - but so far we've found zero repros, or any actual data on said behavior. 

I did discover that the person who found my tent, drug all of my items out onto the ground, and packed my tent - and thus it was cleaned up. :(

Great news! I assumed my base vanished due to bugginess because I only left it for a couple hours after setting it up. Full car tent, partially full mil tent, and a campfire with 10 loose logs lying around it. But this news (Zero pitched tents have been cleaned up) means it's more likely that someone took the tents. The game dutifully cleaned up the firewood and whatever else the marauding varmints left for me to frown at.

Looking forward to the new EXP update. The floating loot is a little annoying but why is it considered a blocker?

Looking forward to the new EXP update. The floating loot is a little annoying but why is it considered a blocker?

Because players cannot access it, but it is counted against the server quantities. Floating loot = blocking legitimate loot from spawning somewhere else.

• Like 4

Nvm - Hicks allready replied above. 

Edited by chrhein

Love this game, love the update - but please fix persistance before going live with it. Tents, Barrels etc. do not stay for 45 days, they can vanish any second on experimental. 

When did anyone say that anything was supposed to last 45 days on the current experimental build?

You're incorrect.

They are spawning, they're just rare. You have no guarantee to find what you're looking for when you visit a base, you've just got to keep looking. I've had encounters with plenty of AKMs and SKSs, and personally found both 5.56 and .45 Ammo.

Ok, I have a question, Where did you find these items, (5.56 and .45 and AKs and SKS) and list the items YOU have found in a barrack please.

-I have found only AKMs in a Russian crash site. No AK-101 or AK-74 were found at ANY baracks building.

-I can never find Gorka or TTsKo jackets, only the pants. 

-Are you awar the AKM's recoil is WAY too high ? Put it back to how it was before.

Ok, I have a question, Where did you find these items, (5.56 and .45 and AKs and SKS) and list the items YOU have found in a barrack please.

-I have found only AKMs in a Russian crash site. No AK-101 or AK-74 were found at ANY baracks building.

-I can never find Gorka or TTsKo jackets, only the pants. 

-Are you awar the AKM's recoil is WAY too high ? Put it back to how it was before.

5.56, .45 ammo spawns at chopper crashes (NATO Crashes) As do, AK101, M4, and Steyr Aug. There is NO GUARANTEE you will find these items at a specific wreck, the wreck spawns a random selection of the NATO loot items.

I've found a wide selection of different eastern military loot at barracks. Tortilla bags, Assault vests, HiCaps, AK74s, Drum mags, suppressors, Kashtan scopes, and so forth.

• Like 1

I hope that with the "same items" bug now fixed we will find more variety. Especially in the tents. I'm not asking for much I just want some military clothes lol

5.56, .45 ammo spawns at chopper crashes (NATO Crashes) As do, AK101, M4, and Steyr Aug. There is NO GUARANTEE you will find these items at a specific wreck, the wreck spawns a random selection of the NATO loot items.

I've found a wide selection of different eastern military loot at barracks. Tortilla bags, Assault vests, HiCaps, AK74s, Drum mags, suppressors, Kashtan scopes, and so forth.

Ok, fair enough. 

How about military clothing, only finding pants (TTsKO and Gorka) but none of the jackets, and no tactical shirts. Have you found any of these ? Also, prison island spawns nothing at all, comments ?

Oh and did you guys fix the houses spawning always the same kind of items ? For exemple the old "gun house" now only spawns clothing and only that. I like loot being completely random in the civilian houses and now I know that if I go there I will probably find a hoodie everytime.

• Like 1

Because players cannot access it, but it is counted against the server quantities. Floating loot = blocking legitimate loot from spawning somewhere else.

Wow, I'm an idiot! I really thought it was just a visual problem.... F11. Someone take all my beans.

Edited by blacktwin

Ok, fair enough. 

How about military clothing, only finding pants (TTsKO and Gorka) but none of the jackets, and no tactical shirts. Have you found any of these ? Also, prison island spawns nothing at all, comments ?

Just because something can spawn, does not mean it will spawn. 

Tactical shirts should be spawning on NATO wrecks. Prison Island spawns, just not that much right now.

• Like 4

Just because something can spawn, does not mean it will spawn. 

Tactical shirts should be spawning on NATO wrecks. Prison Island spawns, just not that much right now.

Well no I have checked 40+ Baracks (Server hopping, I know, but I am just testing)

Each time a bracks was NON LOOTED. I have found TTsKo and gorka pants COUNTLESS times but no jacket. I truly believe they are just not spawning at all.

As for NATO wrecks, only crash sites or Humvees too ?

When did anyone say that anything was supposed to last 45 days on the current experimental build?

Hicks did, just a couple post above yours. 

Saw a tweet from Brian or Eugene not sure, either way vaguely they weren't happy with it. I had a bit of fun with them at first and then just stayed away from anywhere there was infected. I did get sent back to the coast by a real nice guy and as I was sprinting through the docks at Svetlo my fps took a kick in the guts way worse than that town usually causes. Not sure if it was performance they didn't like or what I saw in the videos of the hoards looking like extras in the MJ thriller video all in sync like they were choreographed. 

Oh god. I hope it wasn't that last one. Might have to take a little responsibility there.

But they were super fun, so I dunno. I think it's mainly down to performance. While there wasn't any major issues for me when it came to actually fighting hordes, the servers in general had notably poorer performance than non infected servers. Considering the fact that they've said on several occasions that .58 is focusing on desync and server side performance quite heavily (hence the incredible performance on .58 servers besides the infected ones), that definitely seems like it would be the cause.

• Like 1

Oh god. I hope it wasn't that last one. Might have to take a little responsibility there.

But they were super fun, so I dunno. I think it's mainly down to performance. While there wasn't any major issues for me when it came to actually fighting hordes, the servers in general had notably poorer performance than non infected servers. Considering the fact that they've said on several occasions that .58 is focusing on desync and server side performance quite heavily (hence the incredible performance on .58 servers besides the infected ones), that definitely seems like it would be the cause.

I got right in when the infected servers came up and it was all good or as good as it gets on my old machine and shitty net. Just anecdotal but after they'd been up for awhile and I had to pass through an area with them my performance seemed to take a hit like when the invisible cop car loot pile had been building for days.  

I got right in when the infected servers came up and it was all good or as good as it gets on my old machine and shitty net. Just anecdotal but after they'd been up for awhile and I had to pass through an area with them my performance seemed to take a hit like when the invisible cop car loot pile had been building for days.  

Ah, I only played on those servers like the day or the day after the infected servers came up. Gotta try it again. Zombies definitely need a little work though. Think it'd help for them to be sped up and adding a little randomness to their pathfinding (not much, just enough) to stop their beelining. I punched out like seventeen completely solo the other day just lining them up.

Sorry if this has been stated already, but is there a wipe coming when this hits stable.

wanna know if should go out in blaze of glory with my first AUG i just found.

Sorry if this has been stated already, but is there a wipe coming when this hits stable.

wanna know if should go out in blaze of glory with my first AUG i just found.

Can't say I've seen in writing but with the reports of duped m4s and big changes to loot distribution I cant see them not doing one.  

Brian Hicks, is the AKM's recoil SOPOSED to be that high or is it a bug?

Can you please tone the recoil down, at least back to normal ? (pre .57) ?