Sign in to follow this  
cash81

Cycling helps the environment

After being enlightened in the last week as to the virtues of cycling and cyclists, i came accross this article and thought it was worth a post off-topic. I see that cyclists really do have an impact on the environment...

http://nypost.com/2015/07/24/cyclist-starts-wildfire-after-defecating-lighting-toilet-paper-ablaze/

there impact is slowing traffic to a crawl because they won't ride on the shoulder or less traversed roads. well and starting fires the pretentious assholes lol. and not to de-rail but what do you think of fracking.

there impact is slowing traffic to a crawl because they won't ride on the shoulder or less traversed roads. well and starting fires the pretentious assholes lol. and not to de-rail but what do you think of fracking.

Whatever gets me cheaper gas for my truck, im all for it. If i could run my truck on puppy oil for less than 1$ a liter then ill be first in line at the back of the animal shelter.

Whatever gets me cheaper gas for my truck, im all for it. If i could run my truck on puppy oil for less than 1$ a liter then ill be first in line at the back of the animal shelter.

different strokes different folks 

I agree I once slammed into a lamp post while taking a corner at around 50 km/h (that's 31 m/h for those who live in stone age and don't use metric system) on my bicycle. Surprisingly my bicycle was in worse shape that me. 

The answer to why was I taking a corner at that speed is : 

I was catching the green light. 

Edited by General Zod

I'm proud to be passing the 23,000 mile mark after 6 years cycling in extremely dense urban conditions in ALL WEATHER and to have not sustained any broken bones.

I trackstand the red lights and still pass the people who blow through them dangerously.

I'm still chubby and riding a hybrid and I out climb EVERYBODY.

I've recently changed my diet and the last of the weight is melting off.

After starting cycling at 300lbs, when I finally reach sub 200, I will have a laughable power to weight ratio.

FqJD3Nj.jpg

10 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm proud to be passing the 23,000 mile mark after 6 years cycling in extremely dense urban conditions in ALL WEATHER and to have not sustained any broken bones.

I trackstand the red lights and still pass the people who blow through them dangerously.

I'm still chubby and riding a hybrid and I out climb EVERYBODY.

I've recently changed my diet and the last of the weight is melting off.

After starting cycling at 300lbs, when I finally reach sub 200, I will have a laughable power to weight ratio.

1. 8 broken bones in one accident. Right hand permanently crippled. 

2. 56689736.jpg

3. Heresy ! Destroy it !

Cycling is highly beneficial to the environment since it does not emit any harmful gases.The best part is that it reduces congestion.Apart from cycling I have also heard that gardening contributes a lot to the good will of the environment.I have been wondering whether any of you have taken gardening as a hobby.Though I am still a novice at it I feel very relaxed whenever I spend my time outdoors. It is also a good idea to have a garden shed around so that the gardening tools can be easily accessible. I recently bought one from a garden shed store ( http://inthebackyard.ca/ ).Does anybody else does gardening here?I would love to hear your thoughts on this.