Sign in to follow this  
favus

Can't play Dayz AT ALL - battle-eye problem

I have reinstalled Battle-eye from their site, I have set the folder to have full security, I have no firewall and no antivirals blocking ANYTHING.

I read through all the other trouble shooting problems I have seen - but I am still getting this error (even after a re-install) this has only been an issue since the experimental update today! (there is no Battle-eye anything on my C drive or in my profile - I believe this was legacy anyway)

Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error (577).

e2snCIB.jpg

Not played for ages and NEED to have a go on the new experimental, anyone help me out here?  I am using Windows 10 - fairly new install - Dayz was working earlier 

I also tried using the Administrator profile on my PC and running it from that, does the same thing.

try downloading manually 

this error used to come up in arma2 as well it means the driver is not installed properly or is being blocked by antivirus software 

http://www.battleye.com/downloads/

First thing i tried, MD5s on all files are identical, I have all the correct files! ;_; 

Seems this folder is empty

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye

trying to get the cache to go... 

Right deleting and reinstalling the files in that folder seem to have fixed my problem! thanks to me for working that out... 

okay updated to Experimental and it broke.. again :( dammit!! 

okay updated to Experimental and it broke.. again :( dammit!! 

Well thanks to you you can solve it yourself....

Well thanks to you you can solve it yourself....

It breaks every time I upgrade it to Experimental, Don't know what to do, so I shall just play stable for the time being till there's a fix... 

It breaks every time I upgrade it to Experimental, Don't know what to do, so I shall just play stable for the time being till there's a fix... 

Not entirely a bad thing  :lol:

Not entirely a bad thing  :lol:

it is for me! I like the Experimental players better, they're more daring, and tend to be friendlier! 

plus the servers have 75 people on them! 

I have reinstalled Battle-eye from their site, I have set the folder to have full security, I have no firewall and no antivirals blocking ANYTHING.

I read through all the other trouble shooting problems I have seen - but I am still getting this error (even after a re-install) this has only been an issue since the experimental update today! (there is no Battle-eye anything on my C drive or in my profile - I believe this was legacy anyway)

Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error (577).

e2snCIB.jpg

Not played for ages and NEED to have a go on the new experimental, anyone help me out here?  I am using Windows 10 - fairly new install - Dayz was working earlier 

youll have to let battle eye through your firewall, add it as an exception and youll be fine.

I have been made aware by Arma III on Twitter that is *probably* because the build of windows 10 I am on is not up to date, I have tried forcing it to update but it will not... 

Arma III team helped me fix this - on Twitter! so big up to them :D It was because I was running an old version of Windows 10 - Winver informed me i was NOT running the latest version (even though windows update told me that I was) I updated it to the latest version - and it all works fine now on Experimental, So anyone having a simiular problem, that's what you need to check - I am now running the release version of Windows 10 so it should only affect people who were using the tech preview version of Windows 10

• Like 1