cash81

Bikes Confirmed = New Goal

Can they add electric mopeds? I'm not allowed to drive a car IRL and this is a legitimate picture of my last move after doing 1 1/2 hours down the highway shoulder. The ultimate silent survival flatbed.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/227582_3493802963648_1708877935_n.jpg?oh=704c8c9fd55a3f61a02c6c08f3a7d7e6&oe=561A1BE1

Are you playing PC games while riding down the shoulder of the highway?

Seriously I'm just amazed at how you managed to fit that all on a moped. 

Regarding DayZ: I'm holding out for a dirtbike. 

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you allowed to ride a car?

Edited by Deadjuice

All of you stop attacking each other.

Play nice or not at all, 

No more warnings.

its over walk away.

It's the apocalypse.

Shit happens.

It sucks. 

But we're alive.  

Love, or let live. 

Or kill, or be killed.

We are all alone at worst, or we are all kings for a second.

• Like 1

Are you playing PC games while riding down the shoulder of the highway?

Seriously I'm just amazed at how you managed to fit that all on a moped. 

Regarding DayZ: I'm holding out for a dirtbike. 

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you allowed to ride a car?

I'm looking forward to a dirtbike also.

I don't drive because I have no stereoscopic depth perception and a social anxiety disorder, I can pass driving school with flying colours but get the government employee beside me making check marks and I'm like an spca chihuahua. I fake depth perception by knowing the size of objects for the most part and have no problem "racing" off road vehicles and can put a 30,000 lb forklift anywhere it'll fit without hitting anything but had to fight over the "do you see the square in the box" machine at the dmv before they'd even let me try. I absolutely hate driving anyway so I acquired a wife and bought her a very well appointed minivan to drive me and the brats around in and I just stare out the window like a happy dog.  

• Like 7

Kos is the definition of troll play style? What are you smoking? DayZ is a game about survival and doing it in anyway possible. Whether it's living off the land, scrounging for food in towns and cities, or killing an unsuspecting traveler for their gear.

As for this thread, bikes were confirmed a long time ago and this is nothing new.

I didnt know that it was confirmed, i mention that in my original post that the status report jogged my memory and thus the post. Then it went off the rails as usual.

Also tatanko throws a hell of an event so thatd be an awesome show for sure. Of course, im sure i wont get an invite lol

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

I don't drive because I have no stereoscopic depth perception and a social anxiety disorder, I can pass driving school with flying colours but get the government employee beside me making check marks and I'm like an spca chihuahua. I fake depth perception by knowing the size of objects for the most part and have no problem "racing" off road vehicles and can put a 30,000 lb forklift anywhere it'll fit without hitting anything but had to fight over the "do you see the square in the box" machine at the dmv before they'd even let me try. I absolutely hate driving anyway so I acquired a wife and bought her a very well appointed minivan to drive me and the brats around in and I just stare out the window like a happy dog.  

You're my new favorite person on the forums, and a fellow Canadian, to boot. I spent several years in British Columbia (beautiful province, btw) erecting powerlines for Valard. My first few years as an apprentice crane operator, actually. Ah, memories.  :beans:

• Like 4

...but had to fight over the "do you see the square in the box" machine at the dmv before they'd even let me try. I absolutely hate driving anyway so I acquired a wife and bought her a very well appointed minivan to drive me and the brats around in and I just stare out the window like a happy dog.  

Lmao

:D

Edited by Deadjuice

edit: duplicate due to my mouse loving to double click for no damn reason 

Edited by cash81

You're my new favorite person on the forums, and a fellow Canadian, to boot. I spent several years in British Columbia (beautiful province, btw) erecting powerlines for Valard. My first few years as an apprentice crane operator, actually. Ah, memories.  :beans:

I always get kick out of your posts Rick.

I actually worked in rigging manufacture and safety with a specialization helicopter cranes in up until a few months ago, you'd be someone who wouldn't ask "what's it like working on an oil rig?" when I told them I do rigging. Fucking stressful balancing quality control and trying to make a buck at the same time, had to take a break for moral objections to how it was being handled and the homicidal feeling I was having towards the boss and bean counters.  

• Like 1

Wuss. I am guessing you bring an air-mattress as well? Might as well stay in a hotel in town. Here in the Boy Scouts, we call that "truck/trailer camping", usually regarded with the same level of derision as "Using lighter fluid as a firestarter", or "hey, I love me some me some Corona".

You wouldn't believe what I can carry on my back. All the same things you can in a truck, plus I can go places motor-vehicles can't.

Everyone should go backpacking at least once in their lifetime.

I bring my truck because I can't carry all my gear, 3 friends, and 2 canoes on my back for the 200km trip to where we park and unload lol

Ima ride a motorcycle with a spike helmet and be all jackass looking like with those really high handle bars .... No one will stop me as long as I also have a skorpion smg muahahaha !

my my my I spend half the day trash talkin in guild wars 2 (those children hate me) and when I come back I find I have even more reason to appreciate a new found playstyle. cash you have absolutely inspired me and the negative banter is simply encouragement to see how many bikes I can one shot (I might actually keep score on that one). thank you so much for the inspiration.

Rick darling, I see you are still very busy making new friends and keeping old ones ;) as far as I am concerned your playstyle has taught me very important lessons about health, stealth, and accuracy. thank you sir.

I am by no means a typical koser but its going to be very hard to resist a two wheeled moving target. just sayin. hey maybe they can brandname the bikes "skeet".

• Like 4

If you know or are close to a real life cyclist you would NEVER post something like this.

You're also a spineless and shameless troll cash.

You're the guy who when I said I was a cyclist told me to grow up and buy a car and had your post removed.

I hope everyone who "hates" cyclists for no good reason here are weak unhealthy people who will die a horrible death hooked up to machines breathing through tubes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple years ago I decided I wanted to test myself physically on the bike and use some of the survival skills I learned from survival shows and videos.

So I planned a solo self sustained camping trip on my bike 70 miles and 5,000 feet of climb to a state park outside New York City.

I carried an ultra light tent and all my gear on my back including food and a solar panel and kept the weight under 25 pounds.

I used many tricks learned to improve my campsite like batoning branches and submerging foods in the lake in sealed bags to keep them fresh.

The site didn't have potable water so I had to get to a ranger station with my 2 liter hydration pack every time I ran low.

SURVIVE.

Now I have a real bug out bag and can be out of the city regardless of traffic in very short order with everything I need to try to make it out into the wilderness....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ride 400 miles a month to work and to visit friends and family.

I am 90 pounds lighter, rugged, and my stamina for all things is massive.

MASSIVE.

My girlfriends love it.

Cycling is a glorious lifestyle and the answer to many many problems in our world.

Obesity and pollution are merely the obvious first benefits.

You're telling me that if you saw somebody cruising down the road on a nifty bike while you were hoofing it, you wouldn't be tempted to relieve them of the bike with your handy rifle? I would think you, with your cycling passion, would be tempted more than most to do whatever it takes to get your hands on a bike. Or are you part of some cycling master race subculture that I, as a Portlandian, don't know about?

You should move to Portland, you'll quickly get over your smugness about riding a bike. It's not that big of a deal.

You're telling me that if you saw somebody cruising down the road on a nifty bike while you were hoofing it, you wouldn't be tempted to relieve them of the bike with your handy rifle? I would think you, with your cycling passion, would be tempted more than most to do whatever it takes to get your hands on a bike. Or are you part of some cycling master race subculture that I, as a Portlandian, don't know about?

You should move to Portland, you'll quickly get over your smugness about riding a bike. It's not that big of a deal.

I don't KoS, for anything. Never have, never will.

Cycling is definitely not a big deal at all but it is certainly an enormously beneficial lifestyle that shouldn't be taken for granted.

You should move to NYC, with 8 million people, and try cycle commuting through Manhattan, in rush hour.

I doubt most Portlandians have a commute anything like mine.

It's like Frogger meets DayZ, only the patterns are more difficult and the zombies are more easily aggro'd.

I've been around since the Mod launched, just... not as the Grimey bastard I am now. ;)

Shooting someone without a, "Hey, g'day, mate! 'Ow's it goin' today, then?" does not equate to griefing. I don't want to talk to people. I don't like people. I shoot them because I want their stuff. If being shot/blown up without being properly greeted ruins someone's day, maybe they should consider a game that doesn't include assault rifles, grenades, and fucking land mines. 

I'm passionate about motorcycles, jiu-jitsu, and cranes... but not to the point of making myself look silly. I spend roughly $20,000 a year on my Hayabusa with which I frequent the drag strip. That's pretty passionate, considering I've got almost $40,000 sunk into it before the annual costs. But yeah, passion, right? 

That was just a jab at your "rugged masculinity", ha. The wife's doing fine. I make lots of money, we have a big house, and we go on half a dozen trips a year.

I don't get the last comment, though? When you kill someone in a video game, you don't generally masturbate. I mean, I don't. Maybe I'm weird? I just quickly loot them and move on. Because, y'know, I shoot people for their stuff. Not to send them to therapy.

Oh hi, Rick. Are we comparing dick size now? I was extolling the virtues of cycling there mostly....

I'm surrounded by people that are worth far more than you could ever dream of being worth.

Multi Billionaires and incredibly humble (unlike me).

6 vacations a year.... lol.

Oh man, my girlfriend the concert pianist and music director, took me to a blues show in the village tonight that was incredible, and it's super cool to hang with the band.... world class act.....

Where were we?

Multiple accounts?

So this is another account of yours after banning or an alternate ego?

How does that work?

I didn't think people got 2nd chances around here.

As far as I'm concerned your join date is January 23rd 2014.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monetary investment in a hobby does not equate to passion.

I am proud to NOT own a 10,000$ carbon road bike. (Yes, I can afford one.)

What a pointless machine for anyone who doesn't do at least metric century rides regularly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am anti-KoS because too much of it (which there is currently) skews the game away from survival and more into just another PvP game.

What the are you proving when you shoot someone who doesn't know you're there?

Where is the challenge in gunning down someone who is either far less skilled, has no useful gear, or is obviously not a threat?

Whether you intended to grief those people or not, you probably did.

This then perpetuates more KoS game play as revenge becomes their motive.

Will you be able to adapt your play style to the upcoming changes to stamina, infected, and in depth medical procedures?

What if you have to play a modded version because vanilla includes something you detest?

Edit: There should be murderers, bandits (people who hold you up and don't shoot first), and all play styles to make DayZ a complete tapestry but if everyone adapted your philosophy (which most do currently), it would completely ruin DayZ.

KoS, murderers, and bandits should be the minority, because they should be extremely difficult and risky, and the future might just bare that out some.

Edited by BioHaze

Random narcissistic commentary.

1. Learn to quote. Lord, that post was a mess. Someone with so much experience on a forum should know better!
  2. Monetary investment can and generally does represent passion. Money is important, and I throw a lot of money at a passion of mine.
  3. You're a guy who rides around on a bicycle and is surrounded by billionaires. I believe you. Really.
  4. "As far as you're concerned" doesn't overly concern me. It still doesn't detract from the facts to which you will remain unaware. ;)

Personal banter aside, your views pertaining to killing on sight are pretty inaccurate. The game will be a survival game. Right now it's not. Even when it becomes a survival game, killing other people for their stuff will become even more predominant. It's a viable survival tactic. The only way I'd work together with other people in DayZ is if they added some feature that gave me real life money for so doing.

To remain somewhat on topic, I support cash81's decision to lay waste to all cyclists in this video game that isn't real. Still with me, bro? It's not real. :)

• Like 4

Haven't ridden a bicycle in years; I'm too busy systematically dismantling them into more easily digestible portions.  I also like to go and swim with an 80 lb terrier tethered to my torso.  Lately the real action is when I snorkel in rivers with muh hunny; she finds them crawfish, and I snatch 'em up into a mesh bag for safekeeping before the pot.  I also enjoy fishing naked, on occasion; barbed trebel hooks all the way, like a REAL MAN.  Live dangerously, live rugged, live with the humility to step back and laugh at yourself when necessary.  Lookin at you, Bio..

That is what this thread is about now, right?  Being all ruggedder than thou, and all the fixins.

• Like 2

All of you stop attacking each other.

Play nice or not at all, 

No more warnings.

its over walk away.

The both of you Bio & Rick,,,on yer bikes.

• Like 2