cash81

Bikes Confirmed = New Goal

So my DayZ life has been looking for new meaning lately. Ive travelled the entire map, have been learning the ins and outs of the larger cities as well as finding almost all of the items dayz has to offer. Crafting and different playstyles have been fun. Even some pvp here and there. Still havent tried bandit yet but it isnt very appealing to me. Bugs and feedback as usual but lately ive been logging on less and less.

But then i remembered: bicycles.

There was talk that they would be implemented. And then this last status report they reminded me that they are indeed coming down the pipe.

And now, i have a new goal. Survival is not enough any more. Good gear and a belly full of food will not suffice. Oh no, there is a whole new game afoot.

Shooting cyclists.

Once the first itteration of the bicycle comes out, until my last dying breath, i vow to shoot at anyone riding a bicycle in DayZ.

I dont care if it brings down every rabid infected on me from miles around. I will shoot at you, cyclist.

Even if i have 1 bullet left and i am starving while looking down at a trophy sized boar or deer.... if i see a bike go by, or hear a little bell... they will get that otherwise life saving shot.

I will go so far as collect bikes from around the map and set up my very own free bike exchange with signs and balloons just so that i can shoot at them as they ride away. Right in their dirty, rear tire wetspot cyclist backs.

And it will please me.

Right to my core.

• Like 13

<-- every sunday morning i took my tracksuit and my running shoes out of my tent and do a bit jogging in the morning sun, great feeling.

when bycicles are in, i will becom an triathlet and do some swimming and biking too, every sunday morning.

i hope that i can start an huge event "tour de chernarus" later...

everyone who shoots at me will be killed without regrets !

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 8

i hope that i can start an huge event "tour de chernarus"

Please do this.

There is nothing i enjoy more than watching tour de france highlights of crashes. When 50 spandex wearing pedalphiles eat pavement all at once i honestly go from six to midnight from unadulterated happiness.

So if i am able to open up with an akm and a 75 round drum, or just drive a truck through the race, filling up the cargo box with bike pieces and body parts i will know there is a god, and that he loves me.

Edited by cash81
  • Like 8

oh cash I think I love you.

• Like 1

If you know or are close to a real life cyclist you would NEVER post something like this.

You're also a spineless and shameless troll cash.

You're the guy who when I said I was a cyclist told me to grow up and buy a car and had your post removed.

I hope everyone who "hates" cyclists for no good reason here are weak unhealthy people who will die a horrible death hooked up to machines breathing through tubes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple years ago I decided I wanted to test myself physically on the bike and use some of the survival skills I learned from survival shows and videos.

So I planned a solo self sustained camping trip on my bike 70 miles and 5,000 feet of climb to a state park outside New York City.

I carried an ultra light tent and all my gear on my back including food and a solar panel and kept the weight under 25 pounds.

I used many tricks learned to improve my campsite like batoning branches and submerging foods in the lake in sealed bags to keep them fresh.

The site didn't have potable water so I had to get to a ranger station with my 2 liter hydration pack every time I ran low.

SURVIVE.

Now I have a real bug out bag and can be out of the city regardless of traffic in very short order with everything I need to try to make it out into the wilderness....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ride 400 miles a month to work and to visit friends and family.

I am 90 pounds lighter, rugged, and my stamina for all things is massive.

MASSIVE.

My girlfriends love it.

Cycling is a glorious lifestyle and the answer to many many problems in our world.

Obesity and pollution are merely the obvious first benefits.

• Like 4

If you know or are close to a real life cyclist you would NEVER post something like this.

It's a game, relax.

• Like 3

i hope that i can start an huge event "tour de chernarus" later...

I will help you make this happen, absolutely.

• Like 2

I look forward to some hilarious bicycle + ragdoll experiments.

• Like 1

You're the guy who when I said I was a cyclist told me to grow up and buy a car and had your post removed.

I hope everyone who "hates" cyclists for no good reason here are weak unhealthy people who will die a horrible death hooked up to machines breathing through tubes.

A couple years ago I decided I wanted to test myself physically on the bike and use some of the survival skills I learned from survival shows and videos.

So I planned a solo self sustained camping trip on my bike 70 miles and 5,000 feet of climb to a state park outside New York City.

I carried an ultra light tent and all my gear on my back including food and a solar panel and kept the weight under 25 pounds.

I used many tricks learned to improve my campsite like batoning branches and submerging foods in the lake in sealed bags to keep them fresh.

The site didn't have potable water so I had to get to a ranger station with my 2 liter hydration pack every time I ran low.

SURVIVE.

Now I have a real bug out bag and can be out of the city regardless of traffic in very short order with everything I need to try to make it out into the wilderness....

MASSIVE.

My girlfriends love it.

Cycling is a glorious lifestyle and the answer to many many problems in our world.

Rofl, the level of douche you achieved in one post is astounding.

10/10

• Like 7

I was gonna say something, but all this spectacular comments before me have summed up exactly what I might have said, if I remembered what that was. But my god, please do the tour de chernarus.

SURVIVE.

MASSIVE.

My girlfriends love it.

he's not talking about IRL dude, relax...

Edited by hooligun
  • Like 1

First off bio: i thought you had me on your ignore list? Does this mean we're back to being friends?

Second: i am shooting cyclists in dayz. You know, the video game for which this forum was created.

Third: i still cant believe the fact that we are friends again :)

Fourth: when i go camping i bring my truck. You wouldnt believe what that thing can carry. Food, water, friends.

Edit for mobile keyboard spelling

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

Rofl, the level of douche you achieved in one post is astounding.

10/10

I am familiar with what you consider a constructive post, Rick.

You're the last person who should be name calling, and the first person I expect to chime in, king troll of troll mountain.

His post is a troll post, about troll play style, and anyone with half a brain knows he's ignorant.

Thank the DayZ gods that we have some new blood in experimental who contribute to the discussion and progression of the game.

Edit:

We're not friends cash, I can just unhide a post if I want to.

My body carried all of the stuff I listed and I did everything with just a knife.

If I wanted to have company they would have to be similarly beastly and able to carry their share.

No passengers, only riders allowed.

Edited by BioHaze

Why?

crying-gif-10.gif

I really wanted to ride a bike when it comes out, it'll be portable [just stuff it in a bush outside of a town] and relatively quite. And now I'm afraid to.

I will go so far as collect bikes from around the map and set up my very own free bike exchange with signs and balloons just so that i can shoot at them as they ride away. Right in their dirty, rear tire wetspot cyclist backs.

Seriously though, this part killed me. 

• Like 1

Fourth: when i go camping i bring my truck. You wouldnt believe what that thing can carry. Food, water, friends.

Wuss. I am guessing you bring an air-mattress as well? Might as well stay in a hotel in town. Here in the Boy Scouts, we call that "truck/trailer camping", usually regarded with the same level of derision as "Using lighter fluid as a firestarter", or "hey, I love me some me some Corona".

You wouldn't believe what I can carry on my back. All the same things you can in a truck, plus I can go places motor-vehicles can't.

Everyone should go backpacking at least once in their lifetime.

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 1

That sounds so different to regular DayZ Mod gameplay.

Most of the time I had a bike in the mod I went to the NWAF or Cherno just to see how long it takes someone to shoot me when I ride my bike around the place. Some people really spent many bullets.

Can they add electric mopeds? I'm not allowed to drive a car IRL and this is a legitimate picture of my last move after doing 1 1/2 hours down the highway shoulder. The ultimate silent survival flatbed.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/227582_3493802963648_1708877935_n.jpg?oh=704c8c9fd55a3f61a02c6c08f3a7d7e6&oe=561A1BE1

• Like 3

I am familiar with what you consider a constructive post, Rick.

You're the last person who should be name calling, and the first person I expect to chime in, king troll of troll mountain.

His post is a troll post, about troll play style, and anyone with half a brain knows he's ignorant.

Thank the DayZ gods that we have some new blood in experimental who contribute to the discussion and progression of the game.

I consider a post constructive if it:

• contains pertinent information;
  • is funny;
  • is a well-executed, subtle troll;
  • doesn't make the poster look like a massive douche.

Your last post that I quoted contained none of the above.

And in all actuality, I'm the first person who should be name-calling; I have to put up with ridiculous posts like the one you just made every day on these forums. Do you know how mentally fatiguing it is to read something that's such a monumental fail? Like, did you actually read your post? Did you even think about it while you were typing it?

We all understand that you're into bicycles. A little too much, apparently. We're all now aware that you flex your tight little spandex covered booty more than the rest of us. Congratulations! I stopped riding a bike when I was thirteen. Whatever floats your boat, bro. As far as his "troll play style", shooting on sight is by no means trolling. If you see someone defenseless on a bike and lay waste to them, you just saved yourself a lot of time and energy by getting yourself an easy kill. And trust me, at this point, considering the average IQ level of a DayZ player these days, you'd be doing them a favor. The loot is much more valuable than some half-wit you'll meet in this game.

Anyway, since you're so "rugged" (LOLOLLL) and have so much manly energy, can you go plow my wife for me so I don't have to? kthxbai

• Like 3

I consider a post constructive if it:

• contains pertinent information;
  • is funny;
  • is a well-executed, subtle troll;
  • doesn't make the poster look like a massive douche.

Your last post that I quoted contained none of the above.

And in all actuality, I'm the first person who should be name-calling; I have to put up with ridiculous posts like the one you just made every day on these forums. Do you know how mentally fatiguing it is to read something that's such a monumental fail? Like, did you actually read your post? Did you even think about it while you were typing it?

We all understand that you're into bicycles. A little too much, apparently. We're all now aware that you flex your tight little spandex covered booty more than the rest of us. Congratulations! I stopped riding a bike when I was thirteen. Whatever floats your boat, bro. As far as his "troll play style", shooting on sight is by no means trolling. If you see someone defenseless on a bike and lay waste to them, you just saved yourself a lot of time and energy by getting yourself an easy kill. And trust me, at this point, considering the average IQ level of a DayZ player these days, you'd be doing them a favor. The loot is much more valuable than some half-wit you'll meet in this game.

Anyway, since you're so "rugged" (LOLOLLL) and have so much manly energy, can you go plow my wife for me so I don't have to? kthxbai

Are you fucking kidding me?

You've been on here half the time I have and YOU'VE put with the shit here?

The revolving door of KoS kiddies that RAN this board since SA release was embarrassing.

You are a prime example of what is wrong with a DayZ SA devoid of zombies and stamina systems.

KoS is the definition of troll play style. I've this conversation for too long now....

You derive pleasure from the grief of someone else.

For the record, I don't do spandex. I wear liner shorts under baggy athletic shorts, or nylon cargos.

I am not a wanna be Lance Armstrong type. I ride Hybrid bikes, everywhere, in all weather, and it's awesome.

If being passionate about something instead of fucking dead inside is wrong, I want to be wrong all day.

RE: unsatisfied wife; if you spent less time spanking it over the corpses of your prey, you might have some libido left at the end of the day.

All of you stop attacking each other.

Play nice or not at all, 

No more warnings.

its over walk away.

Edited by AmberHelios
  • Like 2

Kos is the definition of troll play style?  What are you smoking?  DayZ is a game about survival and doing it in anyway possible.  Whether it's living off the land, scrounging for food in towns and cities, or killing an unsuspecting traveler for their gear. 

As for this thread, bikes were confirmed a long time ago and this is nothing new.

Edited by leader.one

Are you fucking kidding me?

You've been on here half the time I have and YOU'VE put with the shit here?

I've been around since the Mod launched, just... not as the Grimey bastard I am now. ;)

The revolving door of KoS kiddies that RAN this board since SA release was embarrassing.

You are a prime example of what is wrong with a DayZ SA devoid of zombies and stamina systems.

KoS is the definition of troll play style. I've this conversation for too long now....

You derive pleasure from the grief of someone else.

Shooting someone without a, "Hey, g'day, mate! 'Ow's it goin' today, then?" does not equate to griefing. I don't want to talk to people. I don't like people. I shoot them because I want their stuff. If being shot/blown up without being properly greeted ruins someone's day, maybe they should consider a game that doesn't include assault rifles, grenades, and fucking land mines. 

For the record, I don't do spandex. I wear liner shorts under baggy athletic shorts, or nylon cargos.

I am not a wanna be Lance Armstrong type. I ride Hybrid bikes, everywhere, in all weather, and it's awesome.

If being passionate about something instead of fucking dead inside is wrong, I want to be wrong all day.

I'm passionate about motorcycles, jiu-jitsu, and cranes... but not to the point of making myself look silly. I spend roughly $20,000 a year on my Hayabusa with which I frequent the drag strip. That's pretty passionate, considering I've got almost $40,000 sunk into it before the annual costs. But yeah, passion, right? 

RE: unsatisfied wife; if you spent less time spanking it over the corpses of your prey, you might have some libido left at the end of the day.

That was just a jab at your "rugged masculinity", ha. The wife's doing fine. I make lots of money, we have a big house, and we go on half a dozen trips a year.

I don't get the last comment, though? When you kill someone in a video game, you don't generally masturbate. I mean, I don't. Maybe I'm weird? I just quickly loot them and move on. Because, y'know, I shoot people for their stuff. Not to send them to therapy.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1