Orfeas (DayZ)

CHARACTER LOST

hey i saw somewhere on the status report that our characters will be reseted after the 0.58 goes live. i have an SVD and i havent found a mag yet. i have just made my first guilie suit and i have an akm i dont want to loose them. There is no need of removing them from me it doesnt serve any purpose for you. plz dont remove them i would really appreciate it if you could let me die with my loot and not remove it at the upgrade.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rule #1 of Day Z: don't get attached to your gear.

• Like 9

oh it serves a purpose. It fuels the black hearts of the devs. ALL YOUR GEAR..will be stored in a badly maintained database for hicks to prowl upon.

See it as a sacrifice to the unjust gods of software development. Embrace the empty colum  that holds your name.

just watch twitter on purge day...they laugh while your pillow soaks in the tears...

"..and as i opend wide the door..there was darkness..nothing more.."

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

not funny 

I found it funny. You are literally pleading to developers, and to the community at large, how you want to keep your "uber-7331" stuff.

Weeping on the forums about how you don't want your gear reset is literally the epitome of pathetic. Get reset, get killed, you are going to lose your gear 10,000 times before the game reaches 1.00-state. Again, the #1 RULE OF DAY Z: Don't get attached to your gear.

I can't even. I am not sure if I should laugh, or feel sorry for you. Losing virtual pieces of equipment in a videogame, to resets that are required for the game to progress? Lord above....... 1st World Problems.

• Like 5

There's likely going to be a bunch more database/hive wipes coming, don't get too attached to your gear, now or ever.

My advice is to hit up the new guard buildings and find an SVD mag, and then use it or lose it. Now is a good time to practice while loot is bountiful. If a character wipe happens and if the next patch makes any fixes around the loot economy then the loot Christmas that we've been enjoying is going to quickly end. Now is a time of plenty, gear up and enjoy the ease of surviving for now (whether that's running for your life, defending yourself, double crossing people, or mercilessly killing people).

• Like 1

There's already a confirmed full Wipe for when .58 comes to stable.  Get used to it.

Seriously, until the game is finished, don't get attached to your gear, and even then, just don't....

There already been at least 5 global wipes for the stable branch at various points in time since 0.28, back in December 2013. (I'm not even talking about the 30+ wipes from all the different experimental builds, there's a wipe almost every experimental patch unless it's just a small fix.)

Just for your information, there will be other wipes until we hit beta, and even after that it's still possible that they're will be a few more wipes.

If it really bothers you that much, I'd suggest avoiding the development process/early access stage of DayZ. (And other similar games, as often you'll need to start a new game to have access to the new items and mechanics and avoid bugs/glitches do to corruption. Ex: 7 Days to Die, Stranded Deep, Subnautica, etc.))

I suggest you go fight with your gear before .58 hits stable, have some fun!

ok i got the message i have to yolo in berezino 1 day before the patch. can you tell me when its hitting stable?

• Like 4

i have to yolo in berezino 1 day before the patch

This sir, is one of the greatest things I have heard in a long time.

• Like 1

hey i saw somewhere on the status report that our characters will be reseted after the 0.58 goes live. i have an SVD and i havent found a mag yet. i have just made my first guilie suit and i have an akm i dont want to loose them. There is no need of removing them from me it doesnt serve any purpose for you. plz dont remove them i would really appreciate it if you could let me die with my loot and not remove it at the upgrade.

I can give you a mag and some ammo so you can enjoy your SVD before its gone :)

• Like 2

ok i got the message i have to yolo in berezino 1 day before the patch. can you tell me when its hitting stable?

The team is still working on the Experimental branch in order to find a suitable build candidate for the 0.58 Stable update. When they feel that it's getting close, we'll make sure to make announcements of our estimates.

• Like 2

"Don't get attached to your child"

You view your digital non-existent gear in a video game on the same level as your flesh and blood?  Someone needs to sort out priorities.

You view your digital non-existent gear in a video game on the same level as your flesh and blood?  Someone needs to sort out priorities.

You seem to have no grasp of human psychology.

Im sure the developers will take special consideration for you alone. Yeah sorry man i know it sucks but losing gear is part of the game and this is the development stage. Unfortunate truth is there are too many duped items in the game and it needs to be reset.

Well, Dayz is pretty much 80% gearing then 20% pvp before u die.,rinse and repeat.

Ddont really care about character wipe due to an update.

Unfortunate truth is there are too many duped items in the game and it needs to be reset.

I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu here.