Sign in to follow this  
GarethAUS

Where is everyone?

Hi, returning player here after a few months off, playing on high pop servers and I can't seem to find any other players.

My question is where the hell do people hang out these days, I see few players hanging in elektro and only seem to find bambis on the coast, please help.

Any tips on where people hang out and where I may find some action.

Cheers

Get off the coast.

Edited by Yazar8

Get off the coast.

How helpful... I have been wandering the map (Including the coast) looking for people, instead of a dumb vague comment how about some sort of nudge in the right direction.

• Like 1

Berezinho normally, however that place is more of a deathmatch clusterfuck than ever right now.

Myself and a friend went from Novod through NWAF, Vybor, Zele, Balota and Cherno and saw 2 players- 1 in the distance running across a field near Stary Sobor and 1 bambi looting trucks in the apartments of Cherno.

I always find friendlies in electro! Just sayiiinnnn

They go to Elektro, get killed, run back, get killed, get killed in Kamyshovo, etc. Since Berezino was redone that's dangerous but I don't see as many people there.

People are still hanging on the coast like toads.

Even Balota sees a good amount of traffic, despite having been made near worthless in the last few patches.

They go to Elektro, get killed, run back, get killed, get killed in Kamyshovo, etc. Since Berezino was redone that's dangerous but I don't see as many people there.

too much fps now in berezino :(

• Like 1

Any tips on where people hang out and where I may find some action.

CoD? BF3? They have nice tiny maps where you can't help but run into players. 

DayZ on the other hand has this really big map which makes player encounters less frequent so you might have to look around or be patient to see anyone else, which is how it is intended to be. 

Now that I am done being a smartass... VMC as there are three helicopter spawns that are currently static near to it. Stary Sobor now has military tents with a few nice things and that is where on of those three mentioned helicopter spawns are at so you are very likely to see someone wander between Stary Sobor and Lopatino on a regular basis. Be warned, they will be able to shoot back at you 90% of the time, probably with things like AKs or rifles with Hunting Scopes. 

I'm in the middle of Cherno on a full server of 50 people and I haven't seen anyone.  But I know they're out there.  It's unsettling.

That's part of the charm of the game.  You can't be all "stealth" and "tactical" 100% of the time because the map is so big and it would take you forever to get anywhere.  At some point, you're going to get bored or impatient and run down the middle of the street like an idiot or forget to keep watching your back and that's when they'll get you.

• Like 1

If you a clan of 5 killing you with AK74's then Berezino is the place to be. 

Server hopping the jail at balota of course. Pretty sure an AK74 and corresponding mag spawn there every restart. I only play private hives these days, but I have found that combo there twice now shortly after restart. Explains all the AK74s I see in Cherno pvp videos.

But to answer your question, berezino, elektro, and Cherno will be your best bet on high pop public hive servers. You'll likely only find pvp there. However, if you are returning after a long break, this patch will give you plenty of tools to practice some pvp. If you want to find other kinds of interaction in other places, I suggest high pop private hives.

I'm in the middle of Cherno on a full server of 50 people and I haven't seen anyone.  But I know they're out there.  It's unsettling.

That's part of the charm of the game.  You can't be all "stealth" and "tactical" 100% of the time because the map is so big and it would take you forever to get anywhere.  At some point, you're going to get bored or impatient and run down the middle of the street like an idiot or forget to keep watching your back and that's when they'll get you.

This.  Every time I am running with 3 or 4 friends, we start messing around and then "You are unconscious." followed by "You are dead."  :D This is usually followed by vows to pay more attention next time.  Then we do it again.

Pretty high traffic near static crashed helicopters.

Get to tha choppas.

This.  Every time I am running with 3 or 4 friends, we start messing around and then "You are unconscious." followed by "You are dead."  :D This is usually followed by vows to pay more attention next time.  Then we do it again.

Yeah, sometimes I just freak myself out and just hide in a corner for 30 minutes because I just know someone is out there.

DayZ is the only game I know where you can spend two hours and nothing happens and still be totally stressed out from playing.

• Like 3

My russian friend and me encountered atleast 10 people at Zub on 0.58 experimental, most of them were friendly! (in the end we got robbed by bandits in disguise tho)