BnZWyatt

Most frustrating way you have died?

Stairways, period.

• Like 1

Glitches. Has happened to me twice in past week. once at Rify shipwreck, once on a crane. Just floated out and dropped to the ground, both times fully geared.

Would those happen to have been while you were picking up a shoulderable item, or switching between shoulderable items? Same thing happened to me on .55 stable at the southwest guard tower at VMB; under the aforementioned circumstances.

Edit: and nobody was online to come strip my body. QQ

Edited by emuthreat

The one I hate the most is when I clear an area that I have checked top to bottom and numerous times behind me and turn around when I think Im done and theres a dude with an AK in my face. Where the hell did he come from lol... Frustrating and makes me shit myself when it happens...

My most hated death was the time I was traveling across country from the NWAF to Zelenogorsk and I decided to check out a house in a remote location for a can of food. I approached as quietly as possible looked into some windows I saw nothing untoward so I entered with my weapon raised to check the corners but the instant I crossed the threshold  Bang!!! You Are Dead I never saw my assailant.  I should also mention that when I logged on there were  14/30 people on a 1st person server but by the time I entered the death house the count was 3/30 ..what are the odds??   

I've only rage quit DayZ SA twice, and one of those times was when I just died and lost a great character, but I had managed to get some nice stuff for my next spawn in a remote city.
I'm running down the sidewalk, actually feeling good about myself. I see a two-foot high ledge in a plaza, and gleefully sprint off it [Note: not even jumping].
I'm dead when I hit the ground. 
A two foot high ledge. 

Would those happen to have been while you were picking up a shoulderable item, or switching between shoulderable items? Same thing happened to me on .55 stable at the southwest guard tower at VMB; under the aforementioned circumstances.

Edit: and nobody was online to come strip my body. QQ

No, just standing still. floated right out. some real criss angel stuff.

Getting out of a V3S the first thing I do is lay down in the grass/trees where I stop and try to pull my gun out. 20 seconds pass and the gun still won't come out so I get up and can't get into the v3s so I run to a nearby shed and I'm able to loot but still can't pull out my gun. Then I hear a hail a bullets miss effects and "you are dead". Who knows to the other guy maybe I was dead before I left the truck... That would have been better.

The time that I was fully geared and a pantless hacker flew in and rained arrows on me.  When my legs were broken and I couldn't run, she followed up with a barrage of grenades.

Edited by OldManRiver

Didn't happen to me, but it must have been a pretty frustrating way to die for this one particular clan member.

We were camped in Balota, about 5 or 6 of us all spread out when a friendly but rival clan member who play on our server joined our TS and asked if we were up for a little pvp, to which we obliged. We told them where we were and they told us they were at the flats, so we started scouting and spotted three of them on top of the second closest flat that looks over Balota Airstrip. One of our members then logs on TS and we tell him about the oncoming fight, "Great, I'll log in I'm at the flats." , excellent we think, he can catch them from behind as we spread out and wait for them to come to us. He logged in on top of the very top of the exact same building as three of their guys, they didn't notice him at all, and we're all giggling like little schoolgirls knowing he's about to unload on them. The shots ring out, he puts down two of them but as he makes his move for the third he got rubber banded and flung from the top of the flats.

Was pretty funny, we were all in fits of laughter, he was a bit pissed but seen the funny side himself then got a Cherno spawn and ran back to his gear.

Can't really remember the outcome of the overall fight but that moment will always stay with me.

Pushing SHIFT near the edge of something because in another game I play the shift key stops you from falling off the edge.  So in this case I sprinted off the edge into the void and death.  I have done this, fully geared, about 5-6 times.

Normally I rage-quit for a week when I do it.  :lol:

I fell through one of those high metal narrow walkway things in a factory after I took my gun out.

Not really a bug, but kind of speaks to gameplay.

I stumbled across another player in the Balota baracks.  I had an ax and he had some sort of rifle.  For awhile we are at a standoff as he can't leave the barracks without getting axed coming out the door, but I can't go up the stairs without getting my head blown off.

I forget how exactly, but he manages to get past me on to the tarmac.  I've developed a slow leak due to either a zombie strike or a grazing shot.  Also there is an agroed zombie in the mix.

Anyhow, I determine that due to the open ground, the best approach is to try to rush the rifleman rather than give him the advantage of distance and open ground.  I run at him while side-stepping which works like it's supposed to.  I'm closing the distance but he can't track the sideways movement through his scope at the relatively short range.

I get right on him, but the frustrating part is I can't swing the ax fast enough to strike him.  So for a good ten minutes, we are locked together with me running after him swinging the ax in slow motion with him unable to stop and fire.  Also a zombie running around tormenting us.

Because of my injury, I had to disengage and try and break for cover to bandage which is where he ultimately killed me.  But it was frustrating not being able to hit a moving target with an ax at point blank range.

Spending days gearing up, finally getting everything, avoiding survivors like the plague, logging into a server of someones that wasn't private and getting booted while driving a truck for no apparent reason. Reset my player.

I felt sick for a few minutes as I stared at my 4 squares of inventory upon respawn.

Edited by Silverwind

Logging into a nearly empty server so I can loot up in peace and getting killed at NWAF by the only other player on the server!

For every 10 deaths I have experienced thus far, only one has been at the hands of another player. So when 90% of my deaths have been equally beyond my control and frustrating, it's hard to narrow it down to one. However, this is alpha, so it is what it is.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Survived with a friend for hours on experimental, on the brink of death a few times but managed. Found a military tent full of loot. Stepped on a land mine.

Frustrating part was that my friend didn't even see or hear the explosion so it wasn't even a cool way to go!

• Like 1

I´ve got one for you that was really really annoying....this just happend to me.....

I was gearing up after beeing killed in Berenzino last night. Nothing unusual about that, it was a firefight and I lost. Now, I had just found me a shotty, the pistolgrip one, som ammo for that, plenty of food and decent clothes (Riders jacket, black cargo pants, and a black cowboy hat).

I log out in a police station, had to put kids to bed, spawn back in and it´s all quite. WHAM!!! Connection loss, rubberband, desync....EVERYTHING possible that is f****d up with your internet connection all at once.

There I am, unable to move or do anything...and a guy pops up from nowhere...shots me dead...

What caused this massive loss of internet connection then? Did the moon fall down on my isp? Is there a real zombie apocalypse going on? Did someone cut the wiring just to piss me off? Nope....my wife came down all joyful saying she found an app that let her sync ALL her cellphone photos to her Google account....I´m on ADSL...heavy uploads is not good for gaming...not good at all..........

• Like 1