battlerhd

These new bugs are the real game breakers!

All these new wired bugs which stops you from shooting and putting stuff in your hands are just breaking the game right now, I know its alpha but when you need to log in and out to shoot a weapon or put something in your hand it gets silly to constantly use that excuse in my opinion at least. I know we have exp for testing but there must be some kind of other tests before it goes out on stable, I just wounder how these bugs get through that are so obvious you know them all within 20 minutes of game time. 

I must admit I was really salty today about getting killed when I had this bug as the situation was 100% to my advantage, He was in a bush 1 meter in front of me without him knowing I was there so I go to shoot and yeah you guessed it I couldn't aim down sight as I was bugged, after hearing me rustling about in the grass he lit me the fuck up with his suppressed AK. RIP

I can get over the death and gear easily its just I think these are the kind of bugs that need a hot fix fast.  

• Like 3

Holy crap?  Someone on here actually used the phrase 'game breaking' correctly?  DEAR GOD THE FINAL SEAL IS BROKEN!  REPENT FOR THE TIME IS NIGH!

• Like 4

I had this happen and I assumed it was a hacker because someone was following me when I noticed it. There was a lot of content update with.57, but I don't think anyone can argue that game mechanics were sacrificed to get that out. We can only hope those broken mechanics (unable to arm weapons, lack of zeds, zeds can't enter certain buildings anymore, statuses are all botched often until you relog - such as hunger, thirst, healing, etc, and persistence is non-existent) get priority in the next patch, because I agree, if you look at it that way and forget the content updates then .57 could be argued as a step backwards. Alas though, I think that's all a part of the alpha development process which we all agree to (thus it's a nuisance but OK). Whack a mole happens, and .57 bubbled up more moles to whack than .56 did. My suspicion is that this isn't unknown or a secret, I have to imagine that they know all of this combined is a problem and a priority in the next few updates to reign back under control again.

It does confuse me when patches spend weeks on experimental but things like this aren't addressed.  As said, you figure it out in literal minutes of playing.

• Like 2

Oh dude. Kudos to you for not punching a hole in your screen.

But, I completely agree with you. I used to be 100% with the dev team, supported everything, they used to be not that bad but now its horrible. Little and even huge bugs getting through that should've been spotted way before the version was put into "stable."

Huge game-breaking bugs are the best sign that new and greater systems and features are starting to be implemented. Embrace the bugs.

• Like 5

Huge game-breaking bugs are the best sign that new and greater systems and features are starting to be implemented. Embrace the bugs.

How about you embrace me killing you in-game while you cannot fire back:)

I can already sense your embracing the bug whilst that happens.

• Like 2

It does confuse me when patches spend weeks on experimental but things like this aren't addressed.  As said, you figure it out in literal minutes of playing.

I think, but do not know, that they felt a lot of pressure with .57. Remember, we were supposed to get .56, and it got delayed, then it was so delayed that they just skipped it and went right to .57. After running with that a while, a huge amount of people were asking for it on stable. Since the bugs didn't crash to desktop anymore, they let it into the wild. Then knew it had really bad issues, but they had been way behind for over a month, and were working all the weekends. Moving .57 to stable got them some cushion, and a few weekends at home. 

It's not perfect, and I do with certain things were fixed. But I also know that we are going to see times of crap game-play while they try to basically overhaul the game. I'm not 100% sure the overhaul will be successful, but I am hopeful. If we all end up on 100 slot servers, with lots of high IQ zeds, smooth animations and FPS, along with some smart static and dynamic loot events, then it's a win. If it exits beta with 15fps, 6 zombies in the while map, on 30 man servers with lootsplosions all over, then it was a net loss. 

I also wondered something, it's about the scoped Winchester. Is it normal that your screen kinda goes black after shooting with said weapon after aiming down sight. It's impossible to see where my shots are landing when the camera somehow gets stuck inside the scope.

But, I completely agree with you. I used to be 100% with the dev team, supported everything, they used to be not that bad but now its horrible. Little and even huge bugs getting through that should've been spotted way before the version was put into "stable."

And it's going to get a lot worse, until Beta begins. That's what Hicks said. We just have to learn to live with it for now. When I have my inventory bugged, I really don't have an option but to log out and back in several times an hour.

• Like 1

Had the weapon thing happen to my partner last night during a battle... he couldn't put any weapon in his hand. I have it happen all the time where I need to hit my key 4-5 times to select a weapon- but eventually I get it. Last night he couldn't put anything in his hand- 

I'm like most of you and just realize this is part of the process. It's my first pre-release experience and I'm glad to be a part of it but I'm not as understanding when I am in the middle of a firefight with a character I've spent the last 15 hours fine tuning with the kit I like. 

"Don't get attached to your kit" is often referred to as rule 1 of dayZ for a reason... which is why after 15 minutes of being all pissed off about it I log back in and start all over. 

There's this feature called "Feedback Tracker". It's where you report bugs you experience while playing DayZ.

Listen to what Survivor said. When patches are released, there's always a high likelihood that other features will "break". Of course it's "game breaking". Games are broken constantly throughout their development.

Posting this thread tells me you're not paying attention to the fact that this forum is here to help the developers "develop" DayZ. Now, be a good little alpha tester and report your issues through the Feedback Tracker.

Oh, I have an extra can of Tactical Bacon. Here, you can have it. Cheers.

• Like 1

There's this feature called "Feedback Tracker". It's where you report bugs you experience while playing DayZ.

Listen to what Survivor said. When patches are released, there's always a high likelihood that other features will "break". Of course it's "game breaking". Games are broken constantly throughout their development.

Posting this thread tells me you're not paying attention to the fact that this forum is here to help the developers "develop" DayZ. Now, be a good little alpha tester and report your issues through the Feedback Tracker.

Oh, I have an extra can of Tactical Bacon. Here, you can have it. Cheers.

I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of these bugs, and I am also fully aware the forums are here to help. I don't believe this post could be represented as me hating on the dev team, I love Dayz thus why I keep playing it no matter what the bugs are like. 

I could of easily done some damage to something at that point :P

I just think to my self, I had the bug if it wasn't for that then he would of been dead. Keeps me calm 90% of the time xD

if you dont want to report bugs or the ones you are seeing are already on the tracker, then up-vote them--gives the Devs a better idea of how prominent the issues are because the "small pond" of internal/experimental testing might not reveal the issue as "game breaking".  merely a guess, but that seems what that system is in place for...idk. i have also found the DayZ experience to be somewhat "less" of late, so i figured i would take hicks_206's advice and just wait for the next iteration. there are plenty of other games out there worth your time, and thankfully most PC games dont carry the $59.99 price. if you have a decent system, Ark-Survival Evolved is alot of fun

i figure that the Dev's have the resources and the talent to do good things, now they just need the time to pull it off. i, for one, will happily give them that. 

I could of easily done some damage to something at that point :P

I just think to my self, I had the bug if it wasn't for that then he would of been dead. Keeps me calm 90% of the time xD

Yup, once they fix it you can go back to KOSing people from behind like a pro.

• Like 1

Well, I am glad to see that at least you're not extremely mad for having this bug. These bugs haven't appeared in 0.58 so that is a good thing. ^-^ 

Yup, once they fix it you can go back to KOSing people from behind like a pro.

Cant wait

Too many bugs? When I'm desperate I do this:

Stop for a second and find the closest pond.

Get near the the pond.

Get a weapon at my hands.

Hit F11

Hear the heavy breathing

Cancel suicide animation.

That's how you deal with bugs, best way so far.

Your char wants it more than you, let him live with the bugs.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Was gonna say teh same thing how do you break something thats a wip anyways whole point behind a alpha is to add stuff and break stuff beta phase is when the heavy repairs begin.

Easiest way to deal with this (and I know this is overused) but just take a break. I took a long break back when the patches were in the 40's and came back at .55

Had an absolute blast the last few months with all the content I missed in those patches and now I'm probably going to take another break for at least a few weeks. The only thing that's really annoyed me so far in this patch is dropping things are once again glitching or falling through floors etc. I lost a magnum and an amphibian while I was sorting some stuff. I could see them sitting on the floor, but could not pick them up no matter what I tried. It was incredibly frustrating. 

I could pick up the food I dropped and other bits and pieces, but the guns fell and they were sitting upright with the grip embedded in the floor instead of laying on the side. 

I just wounder how these bugs get through that are so obvious you know them all within 20 minutes of game time. 

alpha_logo_med.png?1410113135

Remember, every time you log into the game there is that disclaimer that this game is unfinished and likely buggy and you fully accept that. That is how the bugs make it into production... because even the production is technically an Alpha test server.

I also wondered something, it's about the scoped Winchester. Is it normal that your screen kinda goes black after shooting with said weapon after aiming down sight. It's impossible to see where my shots are landing when the camera somehow gets stuck inside the scope.

bump