kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Maybe. But I saw the server message often in the past on exp. It was always when the devs took the servers down to change something.

It's possible they disabled some servers, because on every server were just a few people, now we have only 4 EU server left (for me in the broswer) and so each server is more populated?!

Here the screens of the "light bug"; IMT said, that he had the same bug once

normal:

eosvkvml.jpg

darker:

6jjmlgwr.jpg

black:

cqxuf2j6.jpg

It happends within seconds near a light source. It stays black until you go ~50m away from the light source. The transition from normal to black is smooth but fast.

I've had that bug for some time, even the moon can cause it, though it was just my settings/graphics card.

Wish I wasn't working all weekend so I could come help testing :(

Hmm, I had some doubling of items again.

As you can see in the pic:

UOsr1uo.jpg

Guys anyone at the tents yet? i couldn't sleep so i decided to come there again.

I am there now but I think I will go look for a truck.

Ok man, looks like i have some connection issue, i will join asap.

We have a truck i just said before that i hid it somewhere.

Edited by Dudester100

So I found a truck but no matter what I do when I open the hood of the engine compartment I don't get to see the slots for the battery and glowplug, any fix?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out...

Edited by SAK

Well this is frustrating. I don't have too much experience with the trucks.

So I found a truck a the rock quarry. I already had a glowplug and took a battery from the camp with me.

Truck had very little fuel but it started. Not having much driving experience I drove the truck into a field and ruined both my front wheels.

I looted the town and surroundings and actually found 2 new wheels but...the truck wouldn't start anymore.

Assuming it was now out of fuel I started hunting for gas, after quite a while I found a jerrycan 58% full, so again made the trip back to the truck and refueled.

Truck still wouldn't start and the fuel gauge was still on empty. So does this mean the fuel tank is leaking after I drove the truck into a field? Battery and glowplug are in good condition. Can it be repaired and if yes, what do I need?

If someone wants to try to get the truck running it's at the location in the pic below. I did take the battery and glowplug with me so you would need those. I will stay in the area so we could meet at the truck location.

Along the main road back to the large camp you can find a battery and a tent, both are in the road so maybe someone else loots them. Approx. locations in second pic.

ysDNV6y.jpg

Actually I have it wrong in the picture below, where it says tent is where the battery is and vice versa.

RjwJUyi.jpg

EDIT: WELL THIS IS STRANGE. AFTER A SERVER RESTART THE TRUCK STARTED, FUEL GAUGE STILL AT 0. TENT AND BATTERY ARE BOTH GONE.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

my game crashed when i tried to add green paint to my black mosin, is this an issue and if so has it already been reported?

• Like 1

EDIT: WELL THIS IS STRANGE. AFTER A SERVER RESTART THE TRUCK STARTED, FUEL GAUGE STILL AT 0. TENT AND BATTERY ARE BOTH GONE.

When you wreck a truck, it leaks all the fuel out - as you try to refuel, it continues leaking (i.e., you can't restart it).  Fuel guages are currently bugged and always show empty.  BUT, after server restarts, trucks are all good to go (topped off with fuel, in working condition, etc.).

ETA:  If you just pop the 2 front tires, you can replace them with the 2 middle tires and the truck performs fine.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

When you wreck a truck, it leaks all the fuel out - as you try to refuel, it continues leaking (i.e., you can't restart it).  Fuel guages are currently bugged and always show empty.  BUT, after server restarts, trucks are all good to go (topped off with fuel, in working condition, etc.).

ETA:  If you just pop the 2 front tires, you can replace them with the 2 middle tires and the truck performs fine.

Nice I didn't know all that. Great tip about the middle wheels!

We have a truck i just said before that i hid it somewhere.

Found it :) Of course it is still where it was (if nobody else finds it.

My truck is also in the neighborhood, I have a spare wheel on board.

KBZvN2B.jpg

Nice I didn't know all that. Great tip about the middle wheels!

You can also read the fuel gauge by standing outside the truck in third person I believe I read, bit awkward though.

• Like 5

Hey guys, i did some editing and the video is ready to go.

(this is my very first video so im sorry if it just looks awful. i will get better over time with your suggestions)

(The video from day 1 of novaya camp)

https://youtu.be/dzLSnWYJTow

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 6

Can someone pls confirm that dropped items inside buildings dont despawn somtetimes? Made a ticked about it:

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27748

I don't know yet if they de-spawn but can confirm that items doesnt respawn in the town where all the tents are, it is really acting like the stuff in the tents count for the loot tableof the said town

Oh gosh you made my day with that vid !! A couple funny moments in that !! We defenitively should start a group caled The Sunshine Testers hahahaha !

Edited by docjiggy

Well this is frustrating. I don't have too much experience with the trucks.

So I found a truck a the rock quarry. I already had a glowplug and took a battery from the camp with me.

Truck had very little fuel but it started. Not having much driving experience I drove the truck into a field and ruined both my front wheels.

I looted the town and surroundings and actually found 2 new wheels but...the truck wouldn't start anymore.

Assuming it was now out of fuel I started hunting for gas, after quite a while I found a jerrycan 58% full, so again made the trip back to the truck and refueled.

Truck still wouldn't start and the fuel gauge was still on empty. So does this mean the fuel tank is leaking after I drove the truck into a field? Battery and glowplug are in good condition. Can it be repaired and if yes, what do I need?

You can also read the fuel gauge by standing outside the truck in third person I believe I read, bit awkward though.

These two have you squared away, SAK. Hopefully that answers all your questions about the truck. As for the middle wheels thing: I even do that on purpose sometimes! Driving with middle tires removed changes the handling characteristics of the truck a little bit, making the steering slightly more responsive but also making things somewhat more twitchy. Try it out sometime.

I went back to the camp this morning because I had some time before work, and it's all still there. Did not experience any lag interacting with things in the area, and added another civilian tent inside one of the car tents while I was at it :)

2sz4FOB.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 6

I don't know yet if they de-spawn but can confirm that items doesnt respawn in the town where all the tents are, it is really acting like the stuff in the tents count for the loot tableof the said town

I think they added something like "Player has to be 300 meters away for about 30 minutes before item can respawn" Which may be more complicated when several players are looting one town. But Im very sure items inside player tents down count towards respawn rates.

If you see a guy with SKS military gear - pls dont shoot. I will investigate it.

Edited by Andro

Hey guys, i did some editing and the video is ready to go.

(this is my very first video so im sorry if it just looks awful. i will get better over time with your suggestions)

(The video from day 1 of novaya camp)

https://youtu.be/dzLSnWYJTow

Great video, V! It was nice to catch up on everything I may have missed out on  :lol:

• Like 1

heading there to see if after several restarts the loot will re-spawn...

It wasn't just on a certain radius i think, because i looted most of the town edges (They are most likely around 500m distance to the camp, going to see if these's buildings will have loot now

Great video, V! It was nice to catch up on everything I may have missed out on  :lol:

oh thanks man, kinda scared no one actually liked it xD

there were some editing issues, like background music is so loud and i laugh too much (i didn't have any other options to be honest  :blush:)

but actually, pretty cool stuff there, people are amazing!

There are some dudes running arround right now.

oh nice, im here too. and for the record, there is loot respawning in the town.

So when I saw that on EXP guns and pack were despawning.  I spent hours yesterday getting tents and moving fings and my camp (which was just guns and packs under trees) into tents.  It's on a private hive, so you just have to deal with the server pop that is.  And on Saturday night, it's full.  Woke up this morning - camp robbed.  SVD, AUG, Many other rifles and pistols, scopes, mags, UMP, MP5, vests galore, food, barrels, 4 glowplugs, batteries, a truck, SPOSN, etc.  All gone.  :(  Then I got the immediate hypothermia bug - stripped naked, died, spawned a million miles away.  Suicide, better spawn, ran back - just my pack and gun.  Rainspourswords.  :(