kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Dude, seriously? Really???  All you had to do was to look down and pick up the one that was on the floor!

ghqMzaL.jpg

I couldn't pick up that tent, because it only spawns at night ;) However, when I looked in the room on top, I found what appeared like daddy tent, momma tent and baby tent. 

2015-08-23_00003_zpspuu0c265.jpg

Tents aren't really rare, are they? One popped up right next to me after I took away the civilian tent. On the downside - that camp already got raided. Back to barrels for me.

When this hits stable will the still be a wipe every Wednesday

Edited by Woody1888

Yeah this is what I'm looking for! So when in close quarters I switch to this assault scope, then when in the open I use the long range one as binoculars and sniper!

But really, if I can just take out the scope and use the ironsights I'm already a happy man

Yeah you can but since its a rather heavy long gun it has a slow dexterity, so its defo not suited for close combat. medium distance is ok tho and its important to know the PSO is more of a medium distance scope. Long distance requires extremely steady aim and solid shots. notable are the high damage and low recoil allowing for easy follow up shots. essentially its a very forgiving easy mode sniper rifle because of that.

Edited by jayfkay

Distribution is messed up at the moment, I wouldn't get used to this...

I couldn't pick up that tent, because it only spawns at night ;) However, when I looked in the room on top, I found what appeared like daddy tent, momma tent and baby tent. 

2015-08-23_00003_zpspuu0c265.jpg

Tents aren't really rare, are they? One popped up right next to me after I took away the civilian tent. On the downside - that camp already got raided. Back to barrels for me.

I think the SVD spawns with a scope on it. You can use it on other assault rifles, though. I use a sporter with scope and banana and 10 round mag and a CR527, which I absolutely love. Clearly the SVD is a better sniper, but if you find any of those you can attach a hunting scope, often found on hunting posts.

SVD does spawn with a scope on it, found it at a russian heli within the past week, just lucky I made two passes around it because I missed it on the first one!

2015_08_19_00001.jpg

2015_08_19_00002.jpg

• Like 1

Are there persistence wipes on updates?

Because sometimes I'll log in and my barrel will be there (after a few days), then I'll log in after an update a few hours later and it's gone. It's happened twice now.

Now, someone could have found my camp, but literally everything was gone both times, and only a few hours after another exp push.

On Experimental, all bets are off!  The one rule for exp. is, don't get attached to your gear!  There can be multiple updates any given day or week.  And as of late, anything you are not carrying gets wiped.

Because sometimes I'll log in and my barrel will be there (after a few days), then I'll log in after an update a few hours later and it's gone. It's happened twice now.

Now, someone could have found my camp, but literally everything was gone both times, and only a few hours after another exp push.

Edited by Super_Duty

I haven't lost anything to disappearing barrels, but my tents get discovered most of the time. I placed a tent within a cartent to make it less visible in the forest (also you get really lots of storage space this way). And that was gone not even two hours later. I mean - do you know how many slots that were in total with those two? They managed to take almost everything and only left the small tent and useless stuff. I usually build my camps thinking: "which route would I never take when going from A to B or from A to C?" If I can possibly find the least attractive route between two or more points of interests, I only have to find a good place to pop my tent. My last camp, I placed too close to Stary. Obviously people swarm in from all sorts of angles there. Learned that. My barrels have not been found. Last update they were up for over a week. I think you were mugged and people can really get crazy busy when they find a camp; taking everything, even though they could not possibly make use of it all and probably get shot down the road anyway.  

Edited by S3V3N

On Experimental, all bets are off!  The one rule for exp. is, don't get attached to your gear!  There can be multiple updates any given day or week.  And as of late, anything you are not carrying gets wiped.

I'm not attached at all, but if persistence is still an issue, it could act as a "heads up" to the devs, seeing as how I'm not seeing anything on the tracker.

I'm not attached at all, but if persistence is still an issue, it could act as a "heads up" to the devs, seeing as how I'm not seeing anything on the tracker.

Pwrsistence has been wiped every patch . This is why the stuff in barrels has been disappearing after each patch .

Thank you!

Pwrsistence has been wiped every patch . This is why the stuff in barrels has been disappearing after each patch .

Oh, and I thought it was just me... waking up on the floor, clothes everywhere, trying to figure out who's going to cook breakfast.  Honey, were did I park the truck?

No, the mags were found in tent city military basses I believe.

We were drinking towards the end and not sure what we still had when we logged out.

I can't remember if it was in this thread or reddit but I know someone else responded to this saying that barrels and tents are persistent, however they have an in game lifespan of X days unless they are picked up and put back down.  I want to say it was 45 days of day z days, but Im not positive. So unless you empty the tent or barrel, pick it up into your hands, put it back down they will by default disappear.

I could be wrong on this, just passing on what I read somewhere else.

Edited by Skoalcom

I can't remember if it was in this thread or reddit but I know someone else responded to this saying that barrels and tents are persistent, however they have an in game lifespan of X days unless they are picked up and put back down.  I want to say it was 45 days of day z days, but Im not positive. So unless you empty the tent or barrel, pick it up into your hands, put it back down they will by default disappear.

That's true about the time containers and other things will stay on the ground, but Hicks mentioned on Twitter that every time there is an exp update, persistence is wiped ... so when you update, everything is gone except what's on your character.

I don't think you have to pick the tent up, as long as you interact with it, for instance putting in / taking out items.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Of course I am the last to learn that you can stick fishing hooks to the boonie hat... A friend did this by coincidence. Howy many can you put there, just one? And this had been in for ages? I never knew!

2015-08-23_00009_zpsqjxdm98k.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

From early August...

Fortunately, players can now create camps and store their supplies and weapons at them during their treks
across Chernarus. Different containers / objects have different lifetimes. Currently, they operate as follows:

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 45 Days
- Military Tent (Pitched): 45 Days
- Car Tent (Pitched): 45 Days
- Barrels: 45 Days
- Ammo Boxes: 45 Days
- Protector Cases: 45 Days
- Backpacks (All types): 3 Days

Current functionality on experimental does not allow for refreshing the lifetime of an object without picking it up,
so tents and barrels were set to a lifetime that will cover the time to .59 + some safety room in case of .59 stable
blockers. Once .59 is pushed to stable, we will support the refresh of a base objects lifetime via interacting with it
(moving, placing, picking up any item inside it) - which will operate as follows:

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Military Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Car Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Barrels: 7 Days
- Ammo Boxes: 7 Days
- Protector Cases: 7 Days

That's true about the time containers and other things will stay on the ground, but Hicks mentioned on Twitter that every time there is an exp update, persistence is wiped ... so when you update, everything is gone except what's on your character.

I don't think you have to pick the tent up, as long as you interact with it, for instance putting in / taking out items.

So no refresh timers on current build without completely picking it up? Not that you would ever need to refresh it ... it'll never go 45 days without a patch heh.

And on .59 it'll be 7 days with a refresh when interacted?

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Of course I am the last to learn that you can stick fishing hooks to the boonie hat... A friend did this by coincidence. Howy many can you put there, just one? And this had been in for ages? I never knew!

The boonie hat can only hold 1 fishing hook. I love little things like this, I find it to be strangely satisfying

Did you also know that military boots can hold a military knife. Still yet to try the knife in the boots personally. 

• Like 1

The boonie hat can only hold 1 fishing hook. I love little things like this, I find it to be strangely satisfying

Did you also know that military boots can hold a military knife. Still yet to try the knife in the boots personally. 

That one I found out when the combat knife was fairly new. Actually, my friend told me.  I love the combat knife, but they are harder to find now. Maybe not. Before the last patch I saw what looked like a star on top of one of the red and white radio towers. I climbed up and it was a circle of combat knifes that spawned there. On the next tower I climbed were about ten spaghetti cans on top of each other. I haven't checked since last patch, I guess that might have been fixed now. Or maybe not.

Edited by S3V3N

That one I found out when the combat knife was fairly new. Actually, my friend told me.  I love the combat knife, but they are harder to find now. Maybe not. Before the last patch I saw what looked like a star on top of one of the red and white radio towers. I climbed up and it was a circle of combat knifes that spawned there. On the next tower I climbed were about ten spaghetti cans on top of each other. I haven't checked since last patch, I guess that might have been fixed now. Or maybe not.

found 4 combat knives on top of each other today at one of those towers.

• Like 1

Interesting thread on Reddit re persistence not working near to dynamic events (choppers/police cars etc)

Hey guys, after speaking to a few players both on reddit and on steam, I decided to submit a report for persistence being broken in 0.58, which you can read here: http://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27220
Essentially, a number of players have found that barrels,tents,backpacks and other items have disappeared at a reasonably well hidden location, after a short period of time, of roughly ~ 6 hours (but I think it is well likely it is 4 hours).
After having a looking at a common cause between all cases, player raiding of the camps/stashes has been ruled out for two main reasons: 1) Those with trucks (such as myself) did not ever have their truck taken, which would be odd, considering how reasonably rare trucks are (in a working form). 2) Sheer number of reports which similar details, backed with reasonably well hidden locations seems to indicate that it is unlikely due to player raiding.
It was also investigated as to whether this could have been due to update in experimental branch, but this is not the case.
By analysis of what the sites of where the camps were at we hypothesized that since all were within <1km radius of a heli crash site, that upon a heli crash despawn, the wipe around the heli (to ensure no items is left behind after despawn) is for some reason extended to a a larger radius, which causes the wiping of these tents and camps.
If you have had similar issues, please comment about it here and have a look at the report link at the top, and if we could also reproduce this by simple testing of the hypothesis it would be great!
EDIT: As /u/Wandering_Zahj [2] mentioned, this could also be happening at the other dynamic events such as police cars.
credit should be give to MadScientist and the HIHB crew, for this bug hunting!

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3i5gex/persistence_not_working_058_exp/

Also, should we have a thread for workarounds for common/nuisance bugs? e.g. in .58 if you can't pick up an object try shutting a door. in .57 if you can't fire a gun you've taken from a dead player you need to relog. I think a list of known workarounds would be helpful.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 6

I noticed that if you throw a paper at a wall, it sticks to the wall. Pretty cool.

34eywkz.jpg 

it's a bug, currently everything behaving with the new physics sticks to walls when thrown at them

• Like 2

Oh yeah, regarding that list.. I wish backpacks would last longer, they are the only way to relatively safely stash something imo. What about guns laying on the floor?

From early August...

- Medium Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Military Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Car Tent (Pitched): 7 Days
- Barrels: 7 Days
- Ammo Boxes: 7 Days
- Protector Cases: 7 Days

Edited by jayfkay

Hi guys,

I'm playing on the exp and I've to say I'm quite happy about it. My question is where winchester ammo (.308) currently respwan because after hours of play all I had are 2 bullets that I found in a house on the floor.

I also would like to know if there are animals around because i didn't see any.

And also .... where are the zombies ?

Thanks.

Edited by tmbt

I haven't lost anything to disappearing barrels, but my tents get discovered most of the time. I placed a tent within a cartent to make it less visible in the forest (also you get really lots of storage space this way). And that was gone not even two hours later. I mean - do you know how many slots that were in total with those two? They managed to take almost everything and only left the small tent and useless stuff. I usually build my camps thinking: "which route would I never take when going from A to B or from A to C?" If I can possibly find the least attractive route between two or more points of interests, I only have to find a good place to pop my tent. My last camp, I placed too close to Stary. Obviously people swarm in from all sorts of angles there. Learned that. My barrels have not been found. Last update they were up for over a week. I think you were mugged and people can really get crazy busy when they find a camp; taking everything, even though they could not possibly make use of it all and probably get shot down the road anyway.  

But, with so many people playing....

I look for areas of the map where no one would EVER go.  Then I go there looking for tents.  :D

• Like 1